Become a Patron!

Cloupor V2 Hana 30w clone

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..so ive just recently purchased from the 4 sale section here ,the hana modz clone 30w....Does any one have info on which version or what companies sold the models that came with the less than pretty installation on the inside with glue and epoxy all over the place?

My plans really are to take it all apart and clean it up then take my chances with chip reliability and performance.

I do plan to maybe rewire and repace the 510 connector with something of better quality and hope to make this a reliable device.

Any info on the lower quality clones would be appreciated.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lord only knows who made your clone.

Not only do the Chinese clone stuff made here in the Good Old US of A they clone stuff they make over there as well.

But I do believe that Clouper used a semi transparent piece of plastic to cover their circuit boards.

Other than that, as the Chinese may say............

"Rots of Ruck":D

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is a borrowed pic from the sales ad.
8xna5f.jpg

If anything i may just use the chip in another type box and put some different buttons and eliminate the usb charger function as ive heard about a few going up i smoke and definitely a better 18650 battery holder.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a borrowed pic from the sales ad.
View attachment 15109

If anything i may just use the chip in another type box and put some different buttons and eliminate the usb charger function as ive heard about a few going up i smoke and definitely a better 18650 battery holder.
I believe it was mentioned as being a Cloupor if you bought it from @KKen which I believe I saw it was him that was selling one like that in the hardware section. Here is another pic of it on post #20 in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/p-busardo-issues-warning-about-cloupor-mini.50653/

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe it was mentioned as being a Cloupor if you bought it from @KKen which I believe I saw it was him that was selling one like that in the hardware section. Here is another pic of it on post #20 in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/p-busardo-issues-warning-about-cloupor-mini.50653/
Yea...i wasnt sure which version or brand but ty for the info with that.

Bought it anyway knowing some issues with the clones...hoping some better soldering work will eliminate some issues and clean up all the glue...I suppose like the version 3's are, just with no cover like they have..Also plan to try a better 510 with it as well.

If all the problems are in the chip itself then ill find out i suppose..lol

Worse case scenario is i get a real dna chip and install it.

Thanks again for the info on it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea...i wasnt sure which version or brand but ty for the info with that.

Bought it anyway knowing some issues with the clones...hoping some better soldering work will eliminate some issues and clean up all the glue...I suppose like the version 3's are, just with no cover like they have..Also plan to try a better 510 with it as well.

If all the problems are in the chip itself then ill find out i suppose..lol

Worse case scenario is i get a real dna chip and install it.

Thanks again for the info on it.
Yeah I saw the listing from when you bought it as a project box. Linking that Cloupor Fire thread seemed a bit funky since that was for the Cloupor mini thread, but that is where it was posted so I linked it. Clean it up and you can probably use it as is for a bit and then slap a dna 30 or dna 40 board in it along with a fat daddy 510 later and you should have a pretty nice box at a reduced cost. Nothing like tinkering.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for updating after the fact, but just heard back from my friend who gave this to me. This chana mods is a cloupor version 2, which has the adjustable 510 pin. It was originally purchased online from elev8 vape

According to him, it worked perfectly fine while he had it, but after I opened up the warranty cover and saw how its installed, wasn't comfortable using it myself, especially after hearing about the fire issues with the other cloupor mods.

The mod works, but not sure how accurate it might be, it fires 30w as I would expect, but don't recall if this had step down or not; if it is supposed to have that feature, then it's definitely off.

In any event, give it a go as it is, but at the very least, please strip out the mess and re-solder and re-mount everything correctly if you intend to re-use the chana board. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry for updating after the fact, but just heard back from my friend who gave this to me. This chana mods is a cloupor version 2, which has the adjustable 510 pin. It was originally purchased online from elev8 vape

According to him, it worked perfectly fine while he had it, but after I opened up the warranty cover and saw how its installed, wasn't comfortable using it myself, especially after hearing about the fire issues with the other cloupor mods.

The mod works, but not sure how accurate it might be, it fires 30w as I would expect, but don't recall if this had step down or not; if it is supposed to have that feature, then it's definitely off.

In any event, give it a go as it is, but at the very least, please strip out the mess and re-solder and re-mount everything correctly if you intend to re-use the chana board. ;)

thanks man for the info...Yea..thats my plan..clean it up and re solder mostly...If the chip is a good one then ill be happy..if not, i have a box to work with for something else..lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yayyyy...received it today and all seems great with it...I put a sony vtc5 in it to power it up and took a couple of vapes at 10.5w on my kayfun and it worked really well.

Definitely a mess inside and i will be putting it to rest until i get it cleaned up inside with all that glue and clean up what looks like cold solders....The glue really looks as if covers what should be some better cooling to some of the components and contacts.

wish me luck..lol

1424978762025.jpg
1424978832523.jpg
1424978901681.jpg

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use an m10x1.0 tap to cut threads into the connector hole after removing the stock connector and screw in a fatdaddyvapes 510. Chip/screen cradles can be bought also for a really clean build.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Use an m10x1.0 tap to cut threads into the connector hole after removing the stock connector and screw in a fatdaddyvapes 510. Chip/screen cradles can be bought also for a really clean build.
Definitley a better 510...looks like a cheap 510 with a screw in the center for adjustment..lol

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The hana enclosure is a perfect candidate for a fdv 510. You can now get enclosures that come with chip cradles where the main and charging chips bolt on to the cradle and then the cradle bolts down into the box. An enclosure like that, a fdv 510 and an authentic dna board and you have a hana clone that's better than an authentic hana for under a bill.
http://www.desire-ecig.com/DIY-HANNA-MODZ-BOX-CASE#container

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..Decided to vaped on this for about an hour and all seems to be working...found out how to put it in lock mode etc...

Decided to get started with the clean up and found a few things right off the bat.

For 1 the ground was fairly loose on it..took a good full turn and a half for it to go back tight.

Second is what the glue was covering..The charge board i would imagine can get warm and one huge solid chunk of glue covered the entire usb board.

The 3rd thing im seeing is the wires to the battery cradle are certainly cold solders and the actual wires arent even touching the connections but are more so floating inside the glob of solder.
1425020094601.jpg
1425020382727.jpg
1425020569033.jpg

So far what ive seen soldered to the chip looks like nice shiny solders...Ill find out more as i get deeper into it and remove alot more junk...The epoxy is next suppose...lol

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No update on rebuilding this but i decided to use it some more and i really like this mod alot..What i like most is the firing limit surpasses my needs with a whopping 15 seconds...I never feel like i want a bigger hit and can fill my lungs with somewhat restricted air flow

My MVP 20w has an 8 second limit...The new sigelei mini 30w is a disappointing 7 seconds like my cheap ego batteries are.

Im thinking this mod may very well be my daily mod i go to.

Done some researching and found alot of nice things i can do to this to clean it up and improve its performance and will eventually finish this up.

I have no doubt in my mind some of these dna 20w and 30w clone boards will be used for future projects.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Forgot to mention while researching more on this model, it appears cloupor did use the high quality SK buttons with this model...The fasttech clone versions however did not...So a little happy knowing the switches should last me a while.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

No DNA30, whether a clone or an Evolve has step down. Minimum regulated output for them is 4V. The DNA40 is the only Evolve chip to step down.

VU Sponsors