Become a Patron!

Cloud Chasing With My e-pipe

Hey guys, picked up my first mechanical today and ended up with the Guardian e-pipe. The kit came with the Guardian, the KangerTech protank 3 dual coil, and a stainless tip. Compared to my Smok eGo winder with the Evod 2 tank I'm not overly impressed with it. Not getting bigger clouds like I had expected and the vapor is relatively cool when it hits my lips. What can be done to improve cloud quality without doing a drip mod? Thanks for the help guys...

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly your mod and atomizer don't match. Clearomizers work best on variable devices and mechs are best suited for rebuildable atomizers. A clearomizer on a mech has a small window of adjustability.

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kanger makes .8ohm coils that fit your tank. That'll get you closer.

Unfortunately, that won't get you near youtube level clouds for a couple reasons: higher resistance than most cloud builds. Secondly, most pipe mods have a high voltage drop (less power gets from the battery to the atomizer) due to their design.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Perhaps a Kayfun Mini?

wikkid1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also noticed that the dualcoil protank doesn't produce hits as nice as the regular single coil designs. I suspect it's because of the two coils instead of one, basically you need a battery that can put out a higher voltage to be able to ramp up both coils. Didn't think about that when I bought the protank clone and it's just sitting on the side atm since only one of my batteries has enough juice to produce a half-decent hit, and that's turned all the way up.

At this point I'd hesitate before recommending this tank to anybody who doesn't have a high power device available. It's also quite heavy :/

PS. checking up on this device that you bought at hoosier (it was the first search result) there's a little FAQ that mentions that it's not a true mech mod, so using any coil that's below 1.5ohm may put too much load on the components. They also mention that since it's an 18350 battery it's not powerful enough for the Aspire tanks... I suspect that it may be the same thing with the dual coil protank.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That long drip tip is cooling off your vape. The Kayfun mini with a 1.2 Ohm coil might work ok...

VU Sponsors