Become a Patron!

Cloud chasing help.

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to be straight with you guys. I'm new to vaping. I went to my local smoke shop and blew like 240$ on shit there. I should've did some research. But I fucked up haha. I bought the hell hound mechanical box mod 18650. And a vortex 5ml tank. I don't like the tank it doesn't allow me to take big hits to make clouds and has a small tank. I want an RDA, I seen a hell hound rda for 60$. Mainly I want to make clouds with vaping..sounds stupid but its my decision right? I'm just looking for advice. I have the 18650 hellound box mod, do I keep it or invest into something else? What tank should I buy? I'm looking to get into building. What brand batteries do you recommend? Any good chargers I should invest in? All feedback is appreciated. :)

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Samsung or lg batts are all I use, tanks and cloud chasing don't go together.
I may get crucified for this but look into 1:1 clone rdas. Tobeco velocity is one I recommend to start with. You can get one for 13-20 bux, get some kanthal(I recommend 28ga) and an ohm reader, organic cotton or like wicking material.
All of that could be attained under the $60 you'd spend on the hell hound
Based on your batteries you only have a certain ohm load that you can safely fire. So read up on battery safety, don't be afraid to ask questions here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Samsung or lg batts are all I use, tanks and cloud chasing don't go together.
I may get crucified for this but look into 1:1 clone rdas. Tobeco velocity is one I recommend to start with. You can get one for 13-20 bux, get some kanthal(I recommend 28ga) and an ohm reader, organic cotton or like wicking material.
All of that could be attained under the $60 you'd spend on the hell hound
Based on your batteries you only have a certain ohm load that you can safely fire. So read up on battery safety, don't be afraid to ask questions here.

Thanks very much. Will look into all of this:) I didn't really like the tanks anyways. I wanted to pick up an rda but the lady at the smoke shop recommended me not to. The tank I bought, the atomizer wasn't working but it had a replacement and its working now. But still the vapor it produces isn't near enough to make me happy xD

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be absolutely sure to get an ohm reader, particularly if you're working with a mech mod.

Read up on battery safety, building coils, and know the safe resistance for your batteries.

Working with a mech mod and RDA comes with a responsibility to understand the dangers of building. You know all those stories you read about exploding mods? Don't let that be you:p

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks very much. Will look into all of this:) I didn't really like the tanks anyways. I wanted to pick up an rda but the lady at the smoke shop recommended me not to. The tank I bought, the atomizer wasn't working but it had a replacement and its working now. But still the vapor it produces isn't near enough to make me happy xD
She was smart to recommend against it. However with all the information readily accessible on the internet anyone who can use Google can find all of this stuff easily.
You just have to be careful and know that things can go wrong and go wrong quickly. If you are smart though its very enjoyable and pretty safe.
When I started I got a Dimitri mechanical box and a RDA. I'm still here lol
Mechanicals can be amazing and can be bombs just depends on what you do with them. As a starting point, safe authentic batteries are a must. That's just about the only thing I always always get authentic.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She was smart to recommend against it. However with all the information readily accessible on the internet anyone who can use Google can find all of this stuff easily.
You just have to be careful and know that things can go wrong and go wrong quickly. If you are smart though its very enjoyable and pretty safe.
When I started I got a Dimitri mechanical box and a RDA. I'm still here lol
Mechanicals can be amazing and can be bombs just depends on what you do with them. As a starting point, safe authentic batteries are a must. That's just about the only thing I always always get authentic.

You didn't start at 18 - just sayin':eek:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You didn't start at 18 - just sayin':eek:
Well no. I will give you that, and I had a very good understanding of ohms law as well from messing with car stereo competition, so if its direct current,impedance,watts I got it covered.
Good understanding of batteries ratings from rc cars.
However the stuff can still be learned rather quickly.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well no. I will give you that, and I had a very good understanding of ohms law as well from messing with car stereo competition, so if its direct current,impedance,watts I got it covered.
Good understanding of batteries ratings from rc cars.
However the stuff can still be learned rather quickly.

Not denying that. However, there are those that just throw on any old coil, don't check resistance, and wonder what's wrong! I think it's important to stress the research factor and not just jumping in without knowing what you're doing (which I suspect is a risk here):D

All Your Base...

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To avoid blowing more money, just stay with the box mod, and get a decent RDA like a Troll or a Mutation X, and don't forget the 24awg wire and VTC5's

And remember, steam-engine and ohm calculator are your best friends.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amanda is right, dude be sure to research research research. These things can literally become bombs in a hurry!
If you watch any vids on YouTube with the guys building to .06 and junk. Don't look at that as being a starter build lol.
I've done it, I stay in between .08-.15 on all builds but I read a ton to feel comfortable doing it. Don't start out on that

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amanda is right, dude be sure to research research research. These things can literally become bombs in a hurry!
If you watch any vids on YouTube with the guys building to .06 and junk. Don't look at that as being a starter build lol.
I've done it, I stay in between .08-.15 on all builds but I read a ton to feel comfortable doing it. Don't start out on that

Alright. Ill make.sure to research and not be a dumbass about it lol. Thanks guys. I'll def check out all rda's mentioned. I'll stay with the mechanical mod box I have ATM and will pick up an ohm reader soon.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright. Ill make.sure to research and not be a dumbass about it lol. Thanks guys. I'll def check out all rda's mentioned. I'll stay with the mechanical mod box I have ATM and will pick up an ohm reader soon.
Another RDA that I use a ton is the darkhorse. Every really elaborate build I have for my instagram is on the dark horse. The post hole size is very important for when you step into all the fancy coil builds

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another RDA that I use a ton is the darkhorse. Every really elaborate build I have for my instagram is on the dark horse. The post hole size is very important for when you step into all the fancy coil builds

Someone was telling me about a dark horse..said it was good for clouds but didn't have good Taste. What do you think?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone was telling me about a dark horse..said it was good for clouds but didn't have good Taste. What do you think?
I get good flavor with mine. Its really subjective when someone tells you something like that though. What build are they running and such. Coils and wicking are more important than the RDA in that sense.

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get good flavor with mine. Its really subjective when someone tells you something like that though. What build are they running and such. Coils and wicking are more important than the RDA in that sense.

True and i may have been biased. The way I said it makes it look like someone gave me that advice. I meant a YouTube video. They rated clouds 9/10 and taste 5-6/10

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
True and i may have been biased. The way I said it makes it look like someone gave me that advice. I meant a YouTube video. They rated clouds 9/10 and taste 5-6/10
Even still, all subjective. Even down to the juice used. Unless I'm missing something and have never had true kickass flavor Ive had many builds in the darkhorse that were amazing. Did you catch what they had in it?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Starting out, treat all the batteries as 20 amp and DO NOT push the limits until you get a ohm reader and experience and decent batteries and charger under your belt.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mutation X v4 has become my adv since I got. Destroys on vape production and flavor.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors