Become a Patron!

Clone v authentic coil heads.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2 words, buy authentic. Personal experience, but I bought some clone bvc aspire heads from ft. Every single one in the 5 pack tasted immediately (first hit, lowest voltage) burnt. Spend the extra few bucks, buy authentic. Seeing a lot of clone suntank heads on there among others, my personal recommendations, just buy authentic. Maybe there's a magic way to prime these clones v the originals, who knows. I fill my tanks with a new head and let them sit for hrs, usually as i sleep. Then some primer puffs, then I vape. Got better after the first hit, but the flavor is just nowhere near the same. I had a clone evod head once light red hot, like no wick whatsoever, just straight coil. Thought I'd try the aspire clones once, and only once. Lessons learned from me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A lot of folks have had bad experiences with clone heads.

Hell, I remember when I was first starting to do my own builds I thought that purchasing premade coils both with and without wick from FT was a dandy idea.

The coils were very, very fragile and did not last. The coils with wick were slightly better constructed but tasted like the wick had been soaked in Liquid Ass.

Even though I hate the thought of purchasing premade heads, I just ordered a Subtank Mini and a pack of heads which I figure will last me until I have the knack of building the ST RBA sections.

But the OP is correct, far better to wait on a good sale on authentic heads and stock up rather than cheap out and get clones you have to wait 3 weeks to get and then find they taste like crap!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK, re read my post and I need some lessons from the grammar police.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree I won't ever buy on eBay again because out of 5 ONLY 2-3 screwed on the coil! And it was awful!
Protank coils w a tank they were bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My experience clone tanks are OK, vaping on a clone aspire ce5 right now, with an aspire head it's fine. But as we all see so much in the vaping world, not all clones are created equal.

VU Sponsors