Become a Patron!

Chris Hemsworth to Get Bigger Than Thor to Play Hulk Hogan

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
As impressive as Chris Hemsworth's muscles are in most of the MCU movies (Avengers: Endgame notwithstanding), fans haven't seen anything yet. According to Hemsworth himself, he's working on bulking up more than ever before as he prepares to play the part of pro wrestler Hulk Hogan. Hemsworth discussed his upcoming role in the upcoming Hogan biopic with Total Film (via ComicBook.com), describing the gig as "insanely physical." "This movie is going to be a really fun project," Hemsworth said. "As you can imagine, the preparation for the role will be insanely physical. I will have to put on more size than I ever have before, even more than I put on for Thor. There is the accent as well as the physicality and the attitude." [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/02/20/thors-chris-hemsworth-to-play-hulk-hogan-in-biopic-from-joker-director-todd-phillips-ign-news"] Hemsworth continued, "I will also have to do a deep dive into the rabbit hole of the wrestling world, which I'm really looking forward to doing." Hemsworth previously teased the project back in April, saying it aims to show fans a very different side of the pro wrestling scene. "I'm just fascinated by that world, and I think they're pretty keen to show a side of the world that people haven't seen before," Hemsworth told ScreenRant. "I'm as intrigued as you are." Joker's Todd Phillips is attached to direct the Hulk Hogan biopic, which is being scripted by Joker's Scott Silver along with John Pollono. The movie -- which is expected to be made at Netflix and counts Bradley Cooper among its producers -- will explore Hogan's rise to fame in the 1980s and reportedly won't cover his more recent scandals and lawsuits. IGN named Hulk Hogan No. 3 on our list of the Top 50 wrestlers of all time. [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=most-devastating-finishing-moves-in-wwe-history&captions=true"] For more on Hemsworth's upcoming Hollywood roles, find out how the MCU's Phase 4 release schedule has shifted and what we know about Netflix's Extraction sequel. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors