Become a Patron!

Choosing Charger for Innokin Coolfire Mini

I am new to vaping and I want to choose a good additional usb wall charger for Innokin Coolfire Mini.
I read the manual and it recommends 5V 1A charger.

However, usb wall charger that came with mod is 5V 2A charger.

I have done some research and it seems higher Amp in charger doesn't really matter because
this Innokin Coolfire Mini battery will only pull 1amp regardless the Charger amp.

Is this information correct?

About additional charger,

I am thinking of getting either

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/SURJAC1009/Jackson-Single-Plug-USB-Wall-Charger-4x-USB-Chargi

or

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/SURBEL2740627/Belkin-BSV103AU-1-Outlet-with-2-USB-Ports-24A---Pr

Please help me choose a good charger :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Any standard micro usb charger that is 5V/1A will work just fine.

Innokin Coolfire Mini battery will only pull 1amp regardless the Charger amp
I'm not an electrician, but I believe this is correct.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done some research and it seems higher Amp in charger doesn't really matter because
this Innokin Coolfire Mini battery will only pull 1amp regardless the Charger amp.
Yep the wall wart charger should be at least as much amperage as the mod requires.
Using a charger of less amperage than the mod needs can likely cause problems either in the charger or the mod.
the mod will only use as many amps as in needs so a 2 amp charger is fine.
I am an electronics technician.

Thanks guys for helping me out regarding amp and charger. Much appreciated!

I just have another question about battery and it would be great if any expert can help me out.

I am also interested in sub-ohm vaping and regulated mods and my concern is about choosing appropriate high draining batteries 18650/21700/etc.

I do understand the basic concept of ohm's law and when I use a coil with 0.2ohm, amp usage of battery will be 3.7/0.2 = 18.5A

Is it safer to choose a higher amp battery like Samsung 30T(35A, 3000mAh) rather than Sony VTC5A(25A, 2500mAh) ?

I would very much appreciate if you could also advise me whether higher mAh can mean more dangerous?

Thanks for help :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys for helping me out regarding amp and charger. Much appreciated!

I just have another question about battery and it would be great if any expert can help me out.

I am also interested in sub-ohm vaping and regulated mods and my concern is about choosing appropriate high draining batteries 18650/21700/etc.

I do understand the basic concept of ohm's law and when I use a coil with 0.2ohm, amp usage of battery will be 3.7/0.2 = 18.5A

Is it safer to choose a higher amp battery like Samsung 30T(35A, 3000mAh) rather than Sony VTC5A(25A, 2500mAh) ?

I would very much appreciate if you could also advise me whether higher mAh can mean more dangerous?

Thanks for help :)

First let me recommend Battery Mooch's youtube channel some great educational vids on batterys.

And on MAH yes the higher the MAH cell in the same package the lower the safe current output.
And do not believe current ratings on batterys. None of the best battery makers put current ratings on them as far as I know.

Mooch links:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your help! I will definitely check out mooch links!
His blog has a list of his test results for most cells used in vaping.

Mooch is the defacto expert of li cells used in vaping.
He is a professional battery tester. Not just a vape reviewer.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My personal safety recommendations if using a mech mod.
NEVER use a subtank on them that uses factory coil paks. With RBA and RDA make sure that the center 510 protrudes a fair bit if using a hybrid style mech mod where the top of the battery can be seen down the 510 hole on the mod.

ALWAYS check you atty coil build with an ohm meter or regulated mod to be sure it is within the ohm range you desire and has no shorts. Check with topcap on atty as coil can touch the cap and cause a short which is a VERY bad thing on a mech mod.

Learn the basics of ohms law to determine what resistance your coil should be for the Mooch rated battery you will use.

VU Sponsors