Become a Patron!

CHERRY BOMBER WARNING:AUTO FIRE

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone was looking into getting a cherry bomber unregulated box. the way the box is set up, the body is ground. if you touch anything conductive to the atty and box at the same time, it will start to fire, even WITH THE BUTTON LOCKED. ALSO, certain RDA's will do the same thing. if you threw a hell boy onto a cherry bomber (even with the button locked) that thing will fire all day. I think the larger attys (26650 sized) will do the same thing. I was really close to buying one of these but luckily I didnt for whatever reason. Im not saying if you have one to throw it away, just be careful, extra careful. we dont need any more pocket fireworks giving vaping any more bad press than it gets already.that and Ive heard pockets arent a great place for pyrotechnics, hopefully I'll never learn from experience!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed - there was quite a bit of discussion about this issue when the Cherry Bomber came out.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had never heard anything about it until the other day, with my luck I wouldve learned the hard way if I had bought one. Im keeping my eyes out for my next mod, hopefully an unregulated box. My Istick tc100w is on the way and it has a bypass mode to have it 'act like a mech mod' but ive never had a mech box, just tubes so that wouldnt be a great comparison.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To me, having a regulated mod "act like a mech" is much like using ear plugs, blindfold, and gag, so you can act like Helen Keller. Why would anyone want that? It's like a genius who's so drunk, he becomes a retard.

Andria

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To me, having a regulated mod "act like a mech" is much like using ear plugs, blindfold, and gag, so you can act like Helen Keller. Why would anyone want that? It's like a genius who's so drunk, he becomes a retard.

Andria
Well its adds a layer of safety to it. The voltage of the batteries does get dumped to the atty but it still has the short circuit protection and the low resistance protection.

VU Sponsors