Become a Patron!

Chemo &Vaping

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm looking for a help I can get with this matter. I started chemo yesterday and now I'm gettyingshortness of breath I was wondering if the VAPING can cause this this while I'm in chemo or just s reaction to the chemo. If anyone has experienced this could you please let me know.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as I know shortness of breath is a side effect of Chemo, however the vaping can also compound this as well

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping really shouldn't cause that - unless you're sensitive to high VG which can sometimes give your lungs a heavy feeling.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this - I'm sure someone who's also been through this will chime in with more advice.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as I know shortness of breath is a side effect of Chemo, however the vaping can also compound this as well

Thank you
Vaping really shouldn't cause that - unless you're sensitive to high VG which can sometimes give your lungs a heavy feeling.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this - I'm sure someone who's also been through this will chime in with more advice.
ive Vaped high vg in the past any never had an issue. Right now I'm VAPING 50/50 so I just a little confused

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am so very sorry to hear about your situation!

Sad as I am to say this, perhaps you should cut down or cut out vaping while you are in Chemotherapy.

Your body is going through a lot right now and even though vaping is much, much better than smoking it is still not as good air.

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am so very sorry to hear about your situation!

Sad as I am to say this, perhaps you should cut down or cut out vaping while you are in Chemotherapy.

Your body is going through a lot right now and even though vaping is much, much better than smoking it is still not as good air.
This does sound like a really good idea but I will miss VAPING a lot. But for health reasons I will. Thank you sorting my mixed feeling out. I owe you my life. Thanks again

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a help I can get with this matter. I started chemo yesterday and now I'm gettyingshortness of breath I was wondering if the VAPING can cause this this while I'm in chemo or just s reaction to the chemo. If anyone has experienced this could you please let me know.
Well I'm not a chemo nurse but I am a icu nurse, I would bet more on chemo. It's pretty destructive on our tissues (as it should be, to also kill cancer :) ) Firstly I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Secondly, I'm might have missed it but perhaps switching to VG? I have asthma and VG has made a real difference for me. Much easier and light on my lungs...though I have heard of others here saying VG makes their lungs feel heavy?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I was an ocology nurse my suggestion is that you should discuss the increase in the shortness of breath with your oncologist if it gets worse you should go see him so he can listen to your lungs fields and make sure nothing else is going on/ also unfortunately while you are going thru this chemo I would recommed not vaping at all until your cleared by oncology to do so.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With the chemo you could be getting sensitive to the flavor additives on top of it.
Check with cancer docs that all is right with the world.

levic747

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With chemo, the treatment kills cancer cells but also tears up ur body. Ur immune system can be weaker too! If u have any sensitivity to any of the ingredients in ur juice and havent really noticed til now ( cause of weakened immune sys.) Ur really gonna notice that now amongst other benign thing we dont think of when we are at full health. Get better soon!....vg might help tho? If not it might be flavor

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With chemo, the treatment kills cancer cells but also tears up ur body. Ur immune system can be weaker too! If u have any sensitivity to any of the ingredients in ur juice and havent really noticed til now ( cause of weakened immune sys.) Ur really gonna notice that now amongst other benign thing we dont think of when we are at full health. Get better soon!....vg might help tho? If not it might be flavor

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Thanks

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear you or anyone has to go through this. Good luck on your recovery, we will be praying for you!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Years ago my sister had chemo to treat Hodgkins Lymphoma. She never smoked, but I got her a water vaporizer and Amsterdam's finest to get her through the treatments...
I think vaping won't help and will only cause breathing issues, but maybe high PG won't be so bad...

VU Sponsors