Become a Patron!

Change Flavor and Coil, saving coil

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right to the point here; I have taken out a barely used coil due to juice change and then tried to use that coil a few days later and it taste like ass.
Is there a way to change a coil and keep it from drying out or going bad?

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Chris, forgot to mention that.
Using a Kanger Subtank Mini with .5 ohm coils.
I think the best would be for me to buy extra tanks but I`m not there yet.
A 18mg/ml works ok for me at work (a couple huffs and back to work) but at home in front of the tube and VU, I`m wanting to change to a 3mg/ml.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to mention to lower your nic level with the .5 ohm coil. As to the coil, I just buy packs of 5 coils, and when I change flavors, I change coils. I have tried rinsing coils, letting them air dry, but they just don't perform very well.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My goal or what I`m thinking is that sitting in front of the TV, or VU, chillaxin...huffing constantly on 18mg/ml Kings Reserve is a little (ok read WAY TOO MUCH) overboard and unhealthy.
Another option would be to have the same flavor in a lighter nicotine/mg
Was curious if anyone bagged a coil then wetted it with vg, pg, water, vodka, etc. so it could be used another day?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have soaked them in vodka for a day or so, then air dried, and with good results. It definitely extends their lives a bit.
You can always rebuild those occ coils yourself. ;)

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have soaked them in vodka for a day or so, then air dried, and with good results. It definitely extends their lives a bit.
You can always rebuild those occ coils yourself. ;)
Thank you Teresa P, I have the rebuildable that came with the starter kit, and my last mail order purchase included cotton and pre-made (semi-pre-made?)
coils but rebuilding is unchartered teritory for me as of now. Actually never tried the rebuildable that came with my starter kit, however I did load it with cotton...
Time to jump in and test the water? lol
The OCC that the kit comes with (I purchased many extra .5 ohms, they are disposable, no?).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are disposable, but you can rebuild them and it's quite simple. It'll save you a ton of money, that's for sure.
Let me find the link that was posted awhile back on that. Very good tutorial.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw, you are most welcome! I love our forum and all its members. I was as clueless as they come when I first joined (and still am in some areas....lol!), but someone always took the time and concern to point me in the right direction, and for that I am grateful. Anytime I can lend a hand, I'm certainly glad to. :)

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aw, you are most welcome! I love our forum and all its members. I was as clueless as they come when I first joined (and still am in some areas....lol!), but someone always took the time and concern to point me in the right direction, and for that I am grateful. Anytime I can lend a hand, I'm certainly glad to. :)
FWIW- (for what it`s worth), rinsed a coil in Vodka then put in small ziplock bag, changed coils and emptied/rinsed tank with hot water.
now Vaping Cosmic Fog 3mg/ml The Shocker....no pervesions implied...lol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just as an FYI, I sometimes take coils I haven't used for months and just load them in a new tank. As long as the flavor from the last coil doesn't conflict with the new flavor they're fine! But some flavors linger and overpower the new flavor.

These are just tossed into a plastic container - nothing special done to keep them 'fresh!'

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A small tip for you (and others) if you take the leap into using the Kanger RBA.
Always save a few of your old OCC coils. You may eventually need the rubber O-rings from it, for your RBA.

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A small tip for you (and others) if you take the leap into using the Kanger RBA.
Always save a few of your old OCC coils. You may eventually need the rubber O-rings from it, for your RBA.
Good tip for that RBA.

VU Sponsors