Become a Patron!

Celebrity Deathwatch

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, check this out.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS... god, that syncopated "jump" rhythm made a Steely Dan lover out of me! I've never liked jazz, particularly the free-form style, and I still hate that free-form shit... but this song FORCED me to listen to more Steely Dan, and I gradually grew VERY fond of them, and a couple other jazzy sounding bands -- like Traffic, which I never liked at all when I was a kid, but I was able to turn into a true fan! (still can't abide "rock n roll stew" or that one which exhorts someone to make us "hoppy"... "Dear Mr Fantasy"?)

And jeez, Dave and Paul were so fucking YOUNG!!!!!!! AAARGHHHH!!!

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorta like the line in Have a Cigar... "By the way... which one is Pink?" ;)

Andria
But who sang that song? Huh huh do ya know? That's my favorite band ever

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But who sang that song? Huh huh do ya know? That's my favorite band ever

They're definitely one of my favorites; I'm a huge fan of ALL progressive rock. I'd have to say that Yes and Jethro Tull are probably my most-faves, but Floyd might be #3.

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're definitely one of my favorites; I'm a huge fan of ALL progressive rock. I'd have to say that Yes and Jethro Tull are probably my most-faves, but Floyd might be #3.

Andria
Awesome choices. Not many people know "have a cigar" was a street musician Roy Harper. One of David and Rogers good friends

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome choices. Not many people know "have a cigar" was a street musician Roy Harper. One of David and Rogers good friends

Apparently Page/Plant knew him too, hence their "Hats Off to Roy Harper". ;)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(still can't abide "rock n roll stew" or that one which exhorts someone to make us "hoppy"... "Dear Mr Fantasy"?)
In my best (Gordon Ramsay) imitation.Shocking...Just shocking!
How could you not like anything that has both (Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood)

As punishment you will just have to watch (Pon Pon)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Did you know Jethro Tull won the very first (Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my best (Gordon Ramsay) imitation.Shocking...Just shocking!
How could you not like anything that has both (Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood)

As punishment you will just have to watch (Pon Pon)

You're thinking of Blind Faith, not Traffic. I ain't watching no asian crap, PERIOD. They seem to think singing should sound like cats mating.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're thinking of Blind Faith, not Traffic. I ain't watching no asian crap, PERIOD. They seem to think singing should sound like cats mating.

Andria
Yeah I realized my error as soon as I hit (Post Reply)
We seriously gotta expand your music tastes.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you know Jethro Tull won the very first (Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental).

I remember many people were bewildered on how a flute playing band could be called a Hard Rock band. As much as I like them, I questioned that as well.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember many people were bewildered on how a flute playing band could be called a Hard Rock band. As much as I like them, I questioned that as well.
Most people did.

It didn't help when the poster below started showing up in music stores everywhere.

ad89.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He was one of my uncle's favorites. Of course, my uncle passed in 2005. :(

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wasn't actually sure if anyone here would know him. Glad to see I was wrong. :)
Are you kidding???? Country girl here... I grew up on Don Williams!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I figured YOU would know, but possibly just the two of us. :teehee:

Nah... I'm a country girl at heart, who happened to have been born in a city (Atlanta). But I came late to appreciate country music -- it was after rap infested rock n roll, so I (and much of rock n roll) had to go over to country in pure self-defense. Which is why so much country sounds like rock nowadays. :D

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah... I'm a country girl at heart, who happened to have been born in a city (Atlanta). But I came late to appreciate country music -- it was after rap infested rock n roll, so I (and much of rock n roll) had to go over to country in pure self-defense. Which is why so much country sounds like rock nowadays. :D

Andria

I don't know much about country, but I do know that as a group they're much better musicians than just about anyone else other than the jazz folks.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably my all time favorite actor. Not as famous or adored as a classic leading man but...

Intense dude, unique character.

Some of my favorite movies he was in: Repo Man, Missouri Breaks and She's So Lovely

Don't forget Escape from New York!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not one of my favorites, lol

Really? I farkin LOVE that movie! The music is awesome, and the constant "I thought you were dead". :giggle: But I love John Carpenter movies in general -- scariest movie I've EVER seen was his remake of The Thing. I also like pretty much ANYTHING with Kurt (except possibly Big Trouble in Little China). I've loved him since I was preschool age, as The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. :D

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably my all time favorite actor. Not as famous or adored as a classic leading man but...

Some of my favorite movies he was in: Repo Man, Missouri Breaks and She's So Lovely

I adored him. Just watched him in The Green Mile yesterday.

So many fantastically talented actors are dying with very few around to take their places. :(

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I adored him. Just watched him in The Green Mile yesterday.

So many fantastically talented actors are dying with very few around to take their places. :(

Possibly the best line in the whole movie that was full of great lines

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

He was a big talent known for playing small roles like in (Fire Down Below)

35-stanton-thegreenmile.jpg

VU Sponsors