Become a Patron!

Celebrate Your Vapeversary Here

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This isn't my Vapeversary, but on Sunday April 22 was my 20th yr anniversary of quitting the cigs.
Didn't know where else to put this, sooo put it in here.. :)
Really don't know when I started to vape, all I know I was stressing out and Vaping saved me from smoking the cancer sticks..:) :bliss:

Congratulations my dear friend. I don't think anybody here will quibble over numbers. Vaping kept you off cigarettes, so there you have a vaperversary.

Vaperversary cake.png

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This isn't my Vapeversary, but on Sunday April 22 was my 20th yr anniversary of quitting the cigs.
Didn't know where else to put this, sooo put it in here.. :)
Really don't know when I started to vape, all I know I was stressing out and Vaping saved me from smoking the cancer sticks..:) :bliss:
Congrats Wolfie, 20 years is amazing. Here's to many more! :vino:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congratulations my dear friend. I don't think anybody here will quibble over numbers. Vaping kept you off cigarettes, so there you have a vaperversary.

View attachment 204064

Okay the photo editing challenge was to turn the man hand into a lady hand without mis-shaping the vape device, so I tried to do it with the manicure, and narrowing the wrist. Gawd. Well it's offered with love anyway.
That's cool, You did a GREAT job ! Thank You !
And, the cake tasted Mighty Good..:)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That's Awesome!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Thanks ! I got bronchitis 2x in 3 months and again b4 years end and got to where the cigs made it harder to breath. It was like every time I smoked one I said self you gotta do something. Having tried Chantex twice and another script once, and all the other common ways you can think of(other than hypnosis), nothing had worked. Luckily found a local shop that had serval Nautilus's set up with diff flavors for customers to try. So first setup was Nautilus/SVD 2 DNA 20W, wish I had it, 2 weeks later no smoke.

Celebrating 10 this year! Started with a shitty ego twist that I literally used to snap the atomizer off of lol. I remember being annoyed that the 15mls at the the time were like 20 bucks. Currently puffin' a blvk ello bruce chee 2500 puff. Bizarre how far everything has come along.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Celebrating 10 this year! Started with a shitty ego twist that I literally used to snap the atomizer off of lol. I remember being annoyed that the 15mls at the the time were like 20 bucks. Currently puffin' a blvk ello bruce chee 2500 puff. Bizarre how far everything has come along.
Hi and Welcome-
Happy 10th Vaperversary! Congrats to you!

:hearts:
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Welcome to the VU, cloudboi_x. 10 years is quite an achievement. Did you take up vaping to quit cigarettes?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!! I did! Smoked 27s since I was about 14-15. Started vaping at 20.

Then here it is with 10 little vape candles.

Vape cake 13Jun23 candles.png

After I started with the ego-T 3.3v, then up to the slightly higher power Ego-T 3.7v, then on to the Ego Twist, I found there were problems with those Ego Twists. I had two arrive dead. The seller replaced them, but the replacements didn't last very long. Then on to the Vision Spinners, better, but ultimately it's the eLeaf I've stayed with since 2015, long lasting, reliable, attractive, practical. I'll have my 11th anniversary in November of this year.

Happy vaping!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
On another thread I was reminded that today is my 12th vapeversary.

Time to say that I'm happy to still be able to buy a few vape things here and there. Last year at this time it sounded as though the whole industry would be dead and buried by now. I'm grateful that we vapers are stubborn and we don't like to be bossed around!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Time to say that I'm happy to still be able to buy a few vape things here and there. Last year at this time it sounded as though the whole industry would be dead and buried by now. I'm grateful that we vapers are stubborn and we don't like to be bossed around!
Congratulations!
12 years is quite an accomplishment.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congrats

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

OMG- Congrats on your 12 year Vaperversary my friend!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congratulations Nadalama. 12 years, wow.

Me too, glad we vapers are too stubborn to be bossed around.

Here is a cake for you, chocolate, white royal icing, and buttercream:

Vape cake rba.JPG

STAY FREE!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Happy Vapeversary!!! 12 years is wonderful, as are you. :stars2:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congrats on 12 years of better choices nada:bliss:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
June 15th was 11 years....nobody cares.

Vaping is all but dead in the USA....I'll have to hide my vapes in my new place...breaking my lease...
If caught, I'm possibly off Sec8, and out of my Apt I fought for for 3 years...not worth it. Better to just smoke and die.

Vapers are a dying breed, a tiny subset of also dying out smokers...

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

OMG, am I gonna die?

Caff, the people posting here certainly do care, because we know that the greater the number of years since vaping helped us quit cigarettes, the greater the chance that we would be dead by now if we hadn't done it.

Judging by all the administrative efforts to keep vaping off high school and college campuses, young people are taking up vaping. I'm not saying minor children should vape, and the sale of vape products to minors is illegal, as we know. I'm just saying it goes on.

I would say that any newspaper or magazine article saying that vaping is dying out merits our suspicion.

We have elected monkeys who conflate vaping with cigarette smoking. Whenever we hear of one of them trying to thwart us, we have to make our voices heard, by writing or by emailing them through their websites. They usually just want tax dollars from us anyway.

I'm more optimistic than you are. The power of our consumer dollars has been felt, or vaping would have been banned long ago. It doesn't matter if vaping isn't as mass market as, say, Doritos or water weenies. It only takes a critical mass to support those who would care to create and sell a product, to keep it going. If US vape sellers have disappeared, and even Chinese sellers have disappeared, it is because authoritarian governments have attacked the honest sellers of good products to honest people seeking smoking harm reduction and smoking cessation.

I don't recommend smoking to anybody, but as for it dying out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/12/style/smoking-cigarettes-comeback.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...02010/why-young-people-still-smoke-cigarettes

This says "In 2022, about 1 of every 7 high school students (14.1%) reported that they had used electronic cigarettes in the past 30 days."
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/youth_data/tobacco_use/index.htm

This indicates the (so called) pandemic caused a certain amount of risk taking behavior:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...-people-taking-smoking-40-year-decline-habit/

Unfortunately smoking is, you might say, an inherited habit. If your parents smoked, you're likely to become a smoker. That still holds true. This says "page last updated May 31, 2023":
https://www.lung.org/quit-smoking/helping-teens-quit/why-kids-start-smoking

I do not hope for people to take up smoking, but if there is anything to hope for it's that we can eventually introduce them to the harm reduction of vaping, and recruit them for our team.

Cheer up! It's your vaperversary.

Cofee vape cake.JPG

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Vaping is all but dead in the USA....I'll have to hide my vapes in my new place...breaking my lease...
If caught, I'm possibly off Sec8, and out of my Apt I fought for for 3 years...not worth it. Better to just smoke and die.

I'm going to congratulate you on 11 years off cigs anyway, ok? Congratulations!

You're a smart guy, you'll figure it out for the new place. Please don't pick up the cigs again. ((((Caff))))

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
....I'll have to hide my vapes in my new place...breaking my lease...
It's never better to just smoke and die.

Your vaping in your own private quarters won't be detected as long as you take precautions. Landlords have to give notice before they enter your apartment, but not counting on that compliance, just make sure to keep your spare equipment and liquids in a closed cabinet, and know your quick place to stash your vape when there's a knock at the door. Vaping only makes your place smell fresh and clean.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
7 years today!
After smoking for over 45 years it feels great.
c9485d0fa17ac1331dbdb5ea677c0393.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow been a while since I have been here :( I am way behind

Congarts on 11 years of good sense, I am sure your lungs and Milly are thanking you too my friend

7 years today!
After smoking for over 45 years it feels great.
c9485d0fa17ac1331dbdb5ea677c0393.jpg

Congrats on 7 years Gadget and hopes of many many more

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm guessing this will be my 4th year anniversary of vaping (although I feel guilty posting this because I still occasionally slip back into dual use but never gave up vaping) I smoked for 40 years before I found vaping.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing this will be my 4th year anniversary of vaping (although I feel guilty posting this because I still occasionally slip back into dual use but never gave up vaping) I smoked for 40 years before I found vaping.

I don't know why I stopped getting email notifications on this thread. I would have sounded in sooner.

Congratulations @VapeOn1960

As your user name says, vape on!

:stars2:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's my 11th vapeaversary today. I'll always remember it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012 when I had my last cigarette with morning coffee before embarking on a day of struggle. I'd been both vaping and smoking for about six weeks, somersaulting through dozens of flavors when vape sellers were allowed to give free samples. On cold evenings at that time of year I started to look forward to getting home, getting warm, and having a rich, intense vape. I realized I loved vaping far more than smoking, and I was ready to quit the stinkies.

It still was hard for the rest of that day. I wanted a cigarette. The devil on one shoulder was saying "go ahead, have a cig, nobody is stopping you". The angel on my other shoulder was saying "you're doing great, keep vaping, leave the cigarettes, don't put this off another day". When I finally went to bed that night, I knew I was a nonsmoker forever. I had no cigarette cravings the next day, nor ever again.

I've told my story often, but I still see the success of that quit day as a miracle, the technology of vaping as a miracle, and I still love it. Love this forum and this thread. Thank you all for being part of my life.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's my 11th vapeaversary today. I'll always remember it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012 when I had my last cigarette with morning coffee before embarking on a day of struggle. I'd been both vaping and smoking for about six weeks, somersaulting through dozens of flavors when vape sellers were allowed to give free samples. On cold evenings at that time of year I started to look forward to getting home, getting warm, and having a rich, intense vape. I realized I loved vaping far more than smoking, and I was ready to quit the stinkies.

It still was hard for the rest of that day. I wanted a cigarette. The devil on one shoulder was saying "go ahead, have a cig, nobody is stopping you". The angel on my other shoulder was saying "you're doing great, keep vaping, leave the cigarettes, don't put this off another day". When I finally went to bed that night, I knew I was a nonsmoker forever. I had no cigarette cravings the next day, nor ever again.

I've told my story often, but I still see the success of that quit day as a miracle, the technology of vaping as a miracle, and I still love it. Love this forum and this thread. Thank you all for being part of my life.
:stars2::hearts::confetti::banana::stars2::hearts::confetti:
1700930728080.png

VU Sponsors