Become a Patron!

Cases tie e-cigarettes to lung injuries, pneumonia

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dancing Monkey = Saved to hard drive!:)
Thought you might like that. I'm so happy for your excitement, but you should know your news finds are more appreciated than you know. You're our main News Anchor!

th5m1.jpg

maddcatt vapors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Show Host
VU Live Host

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Thank you for all your support I have my boss looking into this very carefully. I have no idea why they even would consider pointing a finger without doing research first. I have been doing alot of research and you can not get Lipoid Pneaumonia from vegetable glycerin as they suspected. Vegetable Glycerin is not a Lipid but an alcohol.
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2015/08/e-cigarettes-lipoid-pneumonia.html
Dr. F stated this in the previous case of lipid pneumonia blamed on vaping about a year back I know he did a big write up about it on his site.
When I get home I'll find it and post it here.
Even though ignorant or misinformed people call eliquid "the oil" there is no oil in eliquid.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dr. F stated this in the previous case of lipid pneumonia blamed on vaping about a year back I know he did a big write up about it on his site.
When I get home I'll find it and post it here.
Even though ignorant or misinformed people call eliquid "the oil" there is no oil in eliquid.
The oil they are refering to is not when you think it is.
Personally everyone that does when asking gets told it is not oil and vaping oil is fucking stupid to continued living.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a common denominator not only among all of the cited cases in this wonderful piece of journalism, but among other cases cited in an attempt to demonize vaping:

The majority of those reporting issues are people that have smoked for decades, and switched to vaping. These issues also seem to be presenting themselves shortly after beginning to use e-cigarettes.

Why are the 3 days to 3 months of vaping the scapegoat and not the 30 years of smoking?

Patient: "I've been having difficulty breathing over the last week or so"

Doctor: "It says here that you've been smoking for over 30 years, maybe you should think about quitting"

Patient: "I quit last week. I've been using e-cigarettes now"

Doctor: "hmmm... your breathing difficulty is directly caused by your use of e-cigarettes over the last week and has absolutely nothing to do with you having smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day since you were 14. Trust me, I'm a doctor"

That's what this all sounds like to me. Let's focus on the fact that these people used e-cigarettes for less than three months, and barely mention that they had been smoking 2-3 packs a day since Johnson was President. If these people quit, weren't using e-cigarettes, but still had lung problems, would we be able to blame the cigarettes then? Or would we blame their lung issues on the fact that they quit smoking?

Will we have trash journalism that tries to persuade people to continue smoking because some people, after having smoked for decades, developed some kind of lung problems AFTER quitting cigarettes?

Isn't that the price we pay for having smoked at all?

There's no guarantees people!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors