Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps they are discontinued like the similarly popular CGR18650CH batteries were.
Ya know, the ones that are still sold everywhere two years later? :D

Draino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is there some official word from sony that they're discontinuing their wildly popular batteries? cause otherwise that sounds a whole lot like libel

at the very least, it's disingenuous and something a person with questionable morals would do

very similar to misleading people into purchasing pre-orders as if they were in stock, or posting a HOT SUPER DEAL as if it were hard to find a particular price for an item

i tellz ya

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
literal.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So I guess this guy hasn't noticed that the Sony VTC4 and 5's are now triple the price everywhere than just 2 months ago?
So Mr. @Draino can you link me to a site still selling VCT4's for $16.00 a pair?
Because I sure as hell would love to buy a half dozen more.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I guess this guy hasn't noticed that the Sony VTC4 and 5's are now triple the price everywhere than just 2 months ago?
So Mr. @Draino can you link me to a site still selling VCT4's for $16.00 a pair?
Because I sure as hell would love to buy a half dozen more.
Or the fact that just about every forum has a thread relating to Sony's alleged reply about their vtc batteries never being meant to be sold for this intended use.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've seen that price to today let me try and find it. Or was it for one. I'll report back I'm on a vape mission

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/10/found-sony-30amp-batteries-3-for-2499.html

That deal, which claims "Its official" that sony VTCs have been discontinued might be a sue-worthy post.. or even illegal.

It's a pretty dubious claim to make, at least, especially when specifically used to generate sales.
Just because Sony may or may not have stopped MAKING them, does not mean that there are not eleventy bazillion of them in various warehouses around the world. That would be like Chevrolet announcing that it has stopped making cars...and assuming that they don't have ones that have not been sold yet.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Its been announced by Sony that ALL 30 AMP 18650s are no longer being made.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Franciscan , i dont get it , that news kinda sux . Unless thay also anounced a 50 amp battery to replace .

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh i forgot to mention that i just got 4 vtc4 in that i ordered a month or so ago . It did take quite a time to get them . But i did get them . I was not in a rush for them , and it was a good thing i wasent .

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Franciscan , i dont get it , that news kinda sux . Unless thay also anounced a 50 amp battery to replace .
Right now it's really not sure what will happen. According to Sony....the 30amp batteries were never meant for individual use in devices without built-in circuit protection. We shall see what happens once the new plant in Singapore comes online.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are other batteries on par with the Sony's that are quite plentiful at the moment.
No reason to require Sony's to use a mod.
I heard the LG's are very nice.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There are other batteries on par with the Sony's that are quite plentiful at the moment.
No reason to require Sony's to use a mod.
I heard the LG's are very nice.
They are...and lurk underneath every purple Efest label!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
is there some official word from sony that they're discontinuing their wildly popular batteries? cause otherwise that sounds a whole lot like libel

at the very least, it's disingenuous and something a person with questionable morals would do

very similar to misleading people into purchasing pre-orders as if they were in stock, or posting a HOT SUPER DEAL as if it were hard to find a particular price for an item

i tellz ya
LIBEL:
defame (someone) by publishing a libel.
"she alleged the magazine had libeled her"
synonyms:defame, malign, slander, blacken someone's name, sully someone's reputation, speak ill/evil of, traduce, smear, cast aspersions on, drag someone's name through the mud, besmirch, tarnish, taint, tell lies about, stain, impugn someone's character/integrity, vilify, denigrate, disparage, run down, stigmatize, discredit, slur

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Draino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
tell lies about?

but cherry pick your definition all you want

they're saying something is an official word from a company that has done no such thing, in order to sell a product

that's not an ok thing to do

VU Sponsors