Become a Patron!

CARAMEL-COCONUT COFFEE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is another from an Italian website. It had no name for me to credit. It's another great morning vape that looks like coffee-and-a-cig, but it will surprise you! You'll taste caramel-coffee with coconut - smoooth even if you're using spicy nic base. It does not taste like tobacco at all. MaxxBlend adds a complex caramel that goes great in coffee, and coconut contrasts with that.

Caramel-Coconut Coffee
4% FA MaxxBlend
2% FA Espresso
2% FA Coconut

I like this one at half-strength, too.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I still love you HIC - but my bank account does not LOL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I still love you HIC - but my bank account does not LOL

Oh dang - you don't have Maxx either? ..sorry! I'm all done posting, so you can place that order now :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! Of course no one place has all that I need in one cart! Well, maybe I'll order both tobaccos in 3mls from Nihil with my little empty bottles. I feel that I've abandoned him lately!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ecigexpress has a full line of FA.

Yeah, I like to switch it up a bit. BullCity has FA in the original bottles which I like, and Nihil at PV has little sample sizes - good for flavors I'm not sure about. But I order from Ecigexpress at least once a month - in fact I have an order in the mail from them now *sigh* LOL

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
other than the max blend I have done something close but was way to coffee and coconut Ill reduce the percents and try it again.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And I don't have Maxx Blend. dammit Gonna make the Cuban one, though!

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is really nice! I knew I'd like it, three of my favorite flavors, but... wow! I can't believe it doesn't taste like a cigarette with the Maxx Blend, it doesn't, it's just really good coffee to me.

I also mixed at half strength and it's perfect for my taste.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is really nice! I knew I'd like it, three of my favorite flavors, but... wow! I can't believe it doesn't taste like a cigarette with the Maxx Blend, it doesn't, it's just really good coffee to me.

It surprised me, too! I think of MaxxBlend a little differently after trying this. It can stand in for caramel even in dessert and bakery recipes, to add a more complex caramel flavor.

downInTn, this one is another coffee+tobacco that makes a coffee drink, from the same same source: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/coffee-break.15445/

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, made this January 11th, my anniversary date for getting off analogs. It kind of got buried and I just found it last night. I'll echo the other comments about it being a real surprise, and a very pleasant one at that. Now I have a companion for Rocket Puppies RY4, both excellent vapes.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, do you happen to know if there might be a bit of cinnamon in Maxx-Blend or where I can find out? Doesn't taste like it to me, but I ask as I got a question from a friend tonight, that I gave some of this juice to. He broke out near his wrists, a reaction he gets from cinnamon.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, I submitted a support ticket as you suggested, this morning. They responded already that they do not use cinnamon in Maxx-blend. That's pretty amazing customer support.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I submitted a support ticket as you suggested, this morning. They responded already that they do not use cinnamon in Maxx-blend. That's pretty amazing customer support.

I'm glad they got right back to you; I've always gotten info I needed from them pretty quickly, too.
Any idea what else could have caused your friend's reaction, or do you figure it's just a coincidence?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another question HIC. I'm awaiting delivery of more FA Espresso. I do have some TFA Espresso That I have never used. The TFA doesn't smell anything like the FA flavor. Might it work at a higher %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Another question HIC. I'm awaiting delivery of more FA Espresso. I do have some TFA Espresso That I have never used. The TFA doesn't smell anything like the FA flavor. Might it work at a higher %

I don't recommend it at any percent! You might get some use from that TFA flavor, but mine was poured down the drain long ago. It is a strong flavoring, so I sure wouldn't use extra.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't recommend it at any percent! You might get some use from that TFA flavor, but mine was poured down the drain long ago. It is a strong flavoring, so I sure wouldn't use extra.

I figured. But mixed some this afternoon while waiting and used 3% (oops), more than the 2% of FA called for in the recipe. I'll let it set for a week or so and then try it. I can visualize pouring it down the drain soon after, as it doesn't even smell like Espresso. Thanks HIC.

I have renamed your recipe Max for my purposes. It's now my close 2nd to RP's RY4. Good stuff !

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, have a recipe development question for you. This recipe has become one of my favorites, which also begs a few questions.

When you put this recipe together, did you copy it from an Italian website, or did you get the flavors from the Italian site and then build the recipe yourself? If you built it yourself, as you do many or most of your recipes, how do you go about settling on the infinite number of flavor combinations that end up in the final? For example, did you try this one with more Espresso? Or do you keep adding more until you reach a flavor combo that fits your personal taste? I'm just very curious as to how you develop and arrive at the final.

Thanks HIC. Don't mean to be a PITA :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, have a recipe development question for you. This recipe has become one of my favorites, which also begs a few questions.

When you put this recipe together, did you copy it from an Italian website, or did you get the flavors from the Italian site and then build the recipe yourself? If you built it yourself, as you do many or most of your recipes, how do you go about settling on the infinite number of flavor combinations that end up in the final? For example, did you try this one with more Espresso? Or do you keep adding more until you reach a flavor combo that fits your personal taste? I'm just very curious as to how you develop and arrive at the final.

Thanks HIC. Don't mean to be a PITA :)

I take no credit for this one! It was posted on an Italian website, no name to credit. The combo of tobacco with Espresso intrigued me, so I tried it out, and it didn't taste tobacco-y like I thought it would. I thought that was so cool, I wanted everyone to know about it. I think the original post used drops; I just put it into percentages, close as possible as the author wrote it. No, I've never played around with the flavor combo on this one, but it inspired me to mix tobaccos with other flavors. I now think of Max Blend not just as tobacco, but as a caramel-honey for non-tobacco recipes, FA Shade as a dark caramel, FA 7 Leaves instead of Anise, FA Cuban Supreme as woody vanilla, FA Desert Ship for a spice blend, and so on. I would never have considered it without seeing this recipe, so it inspired a few of my own.

When I mix, sometimes I just throw together flavors to see what happens. I've made some fun discoveries that way (and some horrifying juice sometimes lol). Usually I have a goal in mind, and I finally know my box o' flavors well enough to have a good idea what it'll require. I start with a good guess and adjust til I'm happy. The more you mix, the easier it gets, but there are always new flavors to try and new tricks to learn.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very interesting HIC. Thanks for taking the time. "Adjust til your happy" must cause an awful lot of tank washing and adding new wicking. That is always a hang up for me. I usually use an Aerotank when checking flavors since it's easier to flush clean than the RBA's I usually vape with, and the premade coils seem to vape clear rather quickly. Thanks again.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has been on my to-do since I started lurking VU and finally mixed it up. I was just telling king and pauly that I taste CAP toasted almonds in this (maxVG, vaped hot @ low ohms). Future mixes will be at 3/4 strength for me, and there will be future mixes. This pretty damn good and especially unique for a coffee and/or tobby.

This and all my maxx blend experiments have reminded me of a sweet (pipe?) tobacco I've only smelled at border-town gift shops as a kid, not an exotic headshop or leafy humidor smell. My tobacco taster is basically virgin to pipe tobacco.

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep 3 tanks and batteries going all the time, and this one that I call Maxx is one of them. Terrific flavor. The other 2 are RY4 by Rocketpuppy and a clone of El Kamino (don't know where I got the recipe) A little variety, all tobacco blends, and all excellent.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maxx blend came in the mail today!!
In gonna try it!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is maxx blend a steeper? It smells a bit perfumey

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its really good, Im happy with it.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds I have a question regarding building some cream into this flavor.
Would you lessen the espresso to 1%, then add 1% vienna cream, or maybe .5%vienna cream and .5%cream fresh?
Im starting to learn how to 'build' my flavors and this is what makes sense to me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I have a question regarding building some cream into this flavor.
Would you lessen the espresso to 1%, then add 1% vienna cream, or maybe .5%vienna cream and .5%cream fresh?
Im starting to learn how to 'build' my flavors and this is what makes sense to me.

If it tastes plenty sweet to you, you want Fresh Cream.
If you want it creamier AND sweeter, Vienna Cream works better.
A combination is a good compromise.
FA Cappuccino is extra-extra-extra creamy. If you want cream with light coffee, and not very sweet, that's a good place to start.

To "make room" for creams by using less flavoring, keep the ratios of the flavors the same instead of just reducing espresso:
3.5% FA MaxxBlend
1.75% FA Espresso
1.75% FA Coconut
(then add 1% Fresh Cream and 0.5% Vienna Cream, or whatever you choose)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the quick response. Reducing everything then adding cream makes alot more sense.
I love it when I learn something useful.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This recipe is great. Thanks HIC for the suggested changes. I just made 30ml with 1% Cappuccino to see what it does to the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors