Become a Patron!

CAPS Cup A Joe

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Cup of Joe but haven't had time to mix anything with it yet. It does smell like a cup of black coffee, smells good but not too strong. I also have INW Kawa coffee which smells stronger and INW Mocca which smells more like a coffee with cream. I am guessing Cup of Joe will need a higher percentage than the INW Kawa, it is usually the case though since so far INW flavors are more concentrated like FA. I would say INW Kawa is about as strong smelling as FA Espresso which only needs 1% for a strong coffee flavor.

Once I mix up some Cup of Joe I will report back, hopefully sometime this week.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once I mix up some Cup of Joe I will report back, hopefully sometime this week.

Thank you for the info @mjag I'll look forward to your opinions if you try it. I read a review on ECX that claims it tastes like Maxwell House, but another opinion would be nice for a comparison. I'm currently waiting for it to get back in stock at BCV so that I can complete the order I have of a few other flavors.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem KG.

I love coffee vapes and have about 8 different flavors, just have to figure out percentages and give them all a go to see which tastes best. Still waiting for more bottles to show up, never seems like you have enough.

I am hoping tomorrow I can mix some up, crossing fingers.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I LOVE coffee vapes, but haven't tried CAP cup of joe yet. Hopefully, some will post mor info about this flavor. I recently bought German Flavores Kaffe Mocca from Vapers Tek and hated it. I'll normally let a new flavor steep for a few days first e..before passing judgement, but this one smelled stale dank coffee with scorched chocolate. The order alone made me toss the bottle before sampling it....you win some and lose some. For me, this was a definite loss.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey KG.

Still haven't received my empty bottles, that's what I get for ordering from oddly named fasttech. I am hoping they arrive this week or I may be forced to just empty some bottles and do vape dishes, oh the horror.

I will update here once I have a chance to try them all and let you know how Cup o Joe fared against the competition.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the update jag and no problem. I'm in no rush :) BCV finally received some new stock so I finalized my order and it'll be here sometime next week. If I get around to testing it before you, I'll post back here also. And my least favorite thing about DIY is cleaning bottles :|

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will update here once I have a chance to try them all and let you know how Cup o Joe fared against the competition.

Hey @mjag, Just wanted to post an update. I tried a couple of different stand alone %'s. It was bitter and almost a dirty tasting black coffee for the lack of a better way to describe it. Definitely not a stand alone vape for me, but I didn't expect it to be...just wanted to get a feel for the flavor. I think there is potential. I threw together a mix and after 2-3 weeks it seemed to come together to be a decent vape. It could probably use some tweaking and I'll get around to it, but here's what I mixed. I think I'm going to try it with some Flavorah Crème De Menthe. I just got that flavor a few days ago and it's pretty damn good.

60vg/40pg and 2mg of Vapers Tek nic

7% CAPS Cup A Joe
2% FA Fresh Cream
1.5% CAPS French Vanilla V1
0.5% FA Caramel

Vaping out of my Mutation X RDA @ 20-25 watts. Haven't tried it in any of my tanks yet.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice update KG.

I put 2% Cup o Joe in a caramel mix I had, nasty for a shake n vape but it has been steeping for 10 days so I am going to give it another try as soon as I re-coil a RDA.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of my first recipe attempts was this

2% Coconut (CAP)
8% Cup of Joe (CAP)
2% DX Bavarian Cream (TPA)
4% DX Caramel Original (TPA)
2% Marshmallow (CAP)
3% Sweet Cream (TPA)

It was ok but not as good a flavour as FA espresso and FA cappuccino see my ADV recipe in the recipe section

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was ok but not as good a flavour as FA espresso and FA cappuccino see my ADV recipe in the recipe section

Yeah...I'm still not sure about the Cup of Joe. It seems to have an odd lingering flavor to it no matter how long it steeps. I can't describe it. It's not terribly bad, but not really good. Maybe mixing it with FA's would be worth a try. I saw your recipe in the DIY recipe section and have it on my list of mixes to try.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah...I'm still not sure about the Cup of Joe. It seems to have an odd lingering flavor to it no matter how long it steeps. I can't describe it. It's not terribly bad, but not really good. Maybe mixing it with FA's would be worth a try. I saw your recipe in the DIY recipe section and have it on my list of mixes to try.
Might try to mix it with FA today and I will let you know how it goes!

I love my coffee vapes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just made up this recipe

Deluxe coffee

2% Cappucino (FA)

2% Coconut (FA)