PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
After this review I'm going to take a day or two off. I'm vaping around 25-30mls to get as much info out if the concentrate as I can. Need a little break, this last one was too heavy and made me a little nauseas. Probably didn't help that it had the consistency of glue.

Mix

50/50 blend 0 nic
Capella Banana Split
Steep none.

Setup
Tested on a Tsunami 24:
.29 ohm dual 7/8 wrap kanthal fused Clapton
bacon cotton v2 wick.
72 watts

Notes

The flavor is that of a banana split. What it tastes like is artificial banana, vanilla ice cream and a nilla wafer all shoved together in a very heavy concentrate. No berries ,cherries ,chocolate ,syrup, nuts our anything else you would expect in a banana split.

Recommendations
At 7% it's good, a little sweet, very heavy, going as high as 9% should still be good but don't fill a full tank at first, it might be too rich for your taste.

I recommend mixing between 4-6% with creams and bakery, 2-4% if mixing with another banana I would keep it at half % of the other banana.

I'm going to use this to replace the banana I have in my gorilla juice clone.

Mouth/Nose
Very rich and heavy creamy banana on inhale, light wafery vanilla flavor on exhale. If the wick starts drying you get a slight metallic taste.
Conclusion
Its not bad, would be great in a mix, but it's more of a artificial banana split candy bar flavor than the real thing. And I do enjoy the taste, but I wouldn't solo this again.

Gunker? Possibly. It's a clear liquid and the coils are fine, the cotton is still white but I was only able to vape 5ml in the last 24 hours instead of the usual 20-25ml because it's so thick and heavy.

ADV? Nope. No sir Hell no. Getting through 5ml was tough. The flavor is good, but it's not friendly. Too rich.

Stats
Flavor 6/10
Harshness 0/10
Boldness 6/10
Throat hit 3/10
Flavor Accuracy 5/10

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steep none.

Since you mention the Vanilla Ice Cream taste, I'm wondering if a steep of this flavor may help...perhaps quite a bit. Anytime I use CAP VBIC in amounts over 2%, I find, for my own tastes, that 2 or more weeks of ageing brings forth a very positive flavor change.

Ron
---
"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength" - Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Since you mention the Vanilla Ice Cream taste, I'm wondering if a steep of this flavor may help...perhaps quite a bit. Anytime I use CAP VBIC in amounts over 2%, I find, for my own tastes, that 2 or more weeks of ageing brings forth a very positive flavor change.

Ron
---
"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength" - Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
A banana split has vanilla ice cream in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For the record, the flavor is good and it's accurate.. Sort of. The ice cream flavor is accurate, the banana is accurate but the went for banana candy, not actual banana fruit. And single flavor recipes generally need a lot less time to steep, ive steeped this before and the flavor is no different. I am doing a vbic review next and at 2 days steep its the same as a 2 week steep. The only single recipe flavors I will steep longer than a week are straight dairy/milk flavors and bakery flavors.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A banana split has vanilla ice cream in it.

Yes!
When I Google... "banana split recipe ice cream " I get...

"There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana. "

Maybe that might be only a regional thing, but I guess I've been lucky to choose whichever flavor(s) ice cream I want. I'll admit that sometimes I've gone wild and got one with French Vanilla ice cream. :eek:

It all sounds Good to me and I'm getting hungry for one! :D

Ron
---
"Nothing like the sound of happy voices raised in song"-Gomez Addams

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes!
When I Google... "banana split recipe ice cream " I get...

"There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana. "

Maybe that might be only a regional thing, but I guess I've been lucky to choose whichever flavor(s) ice cream I want. I'll admit that sometimes I've gone wild and got one with French Vanilla ice cream. :eek:

It all sounds Good to me and I'm getting hungry for one! :D

Ron
---
"Nothing like the sound of happy voices raised in song"-Gomez Addams

I can understand why they didn't try to fit everything in, it would end up testing like medicine, but it would have preferred a ripe banana flavor. But still, it was pretty good, just wayyy too rich.

VU Sponsors