Become a Patron!

Can't decide what MTL RTA I should buy. HELP

F

fckaugust8th

That $350 neighborhood is in the wrong zip code for me:(. The goblin mini v2 does have the single coil adapter /insert.
I have the hurricane clone from FT, the $20 one. I like it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That $350 neighborhood is in the wrong zip code for me:(. The goblin mini v2 does have the single coil adapter /insert.
I have the hurricane clone from FT, the $20 one. I like it.
right? more like a whole different planet for me.
especially since it vapes the same as the hurricane. I wont cross the 200$ mark for anything vape related.
I'm gonna see what can get worked out to get the tank only.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've got the funds, SquapeRs. Expensive but the build quality, ease to build and the flavor is so worth it.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the mailbox in 3 days for <7 bucks. Quality is quite good, nice machining with smooth treads. Cool little zippered carrying case, key chain mini screwdriver, plastic tank section, drip tip adapter. But sadly no little bag of o rings that don't fit anything. ;)

http://www.vaporbank.com/shop/index.php?p=product&id=3437

View attachment 43956 View attachment 43956 View attachment 43957

update - ran into one issue. The 510 connection threads are painted and had to wire brush it clean to get a good connection
I bought one of these, but mine was a Heatvape Kayfun 3.1 clone. And I could never get a coil mounted in mine. The screws were too sharp and just cuts wire with the slightest touch and the screw heads were too small to capture 28g wire. So I went back to my RTAs and RDAs.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that's kind of a shame. Can't you find some replacement screws? I don't know what they were thinking to provide screws too small and sharp to capture a wire as small as 28g or instantly cut it. On this hcigar clone I'm using 26g stainless, and it has neither of those issues.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's kind of a shame. Can't you find some replacement screws? I don't know what they were thinking to provide screws too small and sharp to capture a wire as small as 28g or instantly cut it. On this hcigar clone I'm using 26g stainless, and it has neither of those issues.
Oh that is nice yours is ok. The only thing I use is that cool key chain screwdriver. Well I never use it, it is just on my key chain. :cool:

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought one of these, but mine was a Heatvape Kayfun 3.1 clone. And I could never get a coil mounted in mine. The screws were too sharp and just cuts wire with the slightest touch and the screw heads were too small to capture 28g wire. So I went back to my RTAs and RDAs.
I use these to replace all of the coil screws on my KFL+, KF Monsters, etc. They say KF4 but they fit all.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2065700

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or just use a metal nail file and smooth the ends of the screws. If you aren't willing or can't figure out how to solve minor issues with gear, maybe don't buy Chinese clones.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He also needs bigger head screws to trap his coils. The ones that I show above have that.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That does look nice. If I didn't have 3 mtl rta's already would get one of those.

Have had no leaking issues with the Kayfuns, 3.1 and Lite Plus V2. I do the "cover the airflow holes and tip upside down for the final tightening" technique.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 clone v4's, two of them are mostly ok, only time they leak or gurgle is if I don't wick them good. One of them is awful, I think it would leak even if it were empty.

As far as the hurricane, I think with the airflow open all the way, you could lung hit it, won't be as wide open a draw as something like a Griffin, but I just tried to do one and could.

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
Bottom fill, but adjustable draw.
Goblin Mini v1 (v2 has top fill but no adapter for single coil to my understanding)
Lemo Drop
Aqua v2 (can be found VERY reasonably priced)
Delta 2 has an available RBA

All are great for flavor. There are better ones out there, but these I have experience with.

Finding an MTL tank with disposable coils might be easier. There are some REALLY good ones out there, too.
I use the Nautilus and the Nautilus Mini as well as the Joytech AIO. Both are a great vape but since I am a dripper I know I am sacrificing flavor and both devices leak in places I can't find I can only wipe them down before using.

VU Sponsors