Become a Patron!

Cannot seem to get a consistant vape

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so Ill start by saying that im fairly new to mech mods and Ive been doing alot of research on various mech topics. However I cannot seem to get my setup working properly. I have a Manhatan clone, plumeveil/tobh v2/magma clones. Mxjo 18650 batteries with Sam 25r's on the way as well as an Overdose (ehpro) mod. Ive been tinkering with 26/24g wire (also have 32 for my evod rebuilds). I cannot seem to get anywhere near the results shown on the tutorials on YT. It takes forever (10+ sec) to get any build to heat up and I dont feel its safe.

Any advice would be super appreciated. Thanks...

ps. I do have an Ohm reader (eleaf)

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could you describe one of your builds?

Maybe a pic would help us see what's going on.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so Ill start by saying that im fairly new to mech mods and Ive been doing alot of research on various mech topics. However I cannot seem to get my setup working properly. I have a Manhatan clone, plumeveil/tobh v2/magma clones. Mxjo 18650 batteries with Sam 25r's on the way as well as an Overdose (ehpro) mod. Ive been tinkering with 26/24g wire (also have 32 for my evod rebuilds). I cannot seem to get anywhere near the results shown on the tutorials on YT. It takes forever (10+ sec) to get any build to heat up and I dont feel its safe.

Any advice would be super appreciated. Thanks...

ps. I do have an Ohm reader (eleaf)
How old are you?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, you have to make sure ur batts are fully charged,make sure you have solid contact between the
Mod
Atty
Make sure you have enough airflow...
And make sure ur using a high vg or vg base eliquid
And dont believe everything you see on YT!!

Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like too thick of wire for the wattage. Is it always 10+ seconds, even after warming them up a little ?

my 30W .6ohm (28 gauge) dual coil takes maybe 2.5s

Have you tested with/without the device plugged into a charger to see if it changes?

[not sure if this part is on topic lol] Think regulated mods are harder to sub-ohm. I'm pushing my DNA30 to the limit

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mike- usual build is dual 26g, 6 wraps. Ive toyed with variations, # wraps, widths, single/dual coil. Ill try to post a pic here in a min.
ej1024- 23 years old. My Mxjo batts are labeled 3.7v yet charge up to 4.2v before stopping. I havent used them past 3.5v and keep them topped off. Eliquid is >60% vg. Im convinced it may be my mod (not sure, process of elimination) bought it on Amazon (SS, copper contacts) just dont know what else it can be

Thanks guys

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Count- using a mech mod. But ya even after it warms up its not consistent...

Warmes up (sometimes). Fires up. Then Nothing. Then button gets warm. Repeat

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you checked the threads on all your equipment? That kinda sounds like it's in your mod. I'm not really familiar with your particular mod, but it'd be a good start by cleaning all threaded connections.

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No paint. No noticable clear coat (nothing scratches off lol). Yes button gets really warm, the mod itself (near the battery housing) gets hotter. Im thinking its the mod, i should be recieving my overdose on thursday. Hoping thats verifies my assumptions. Whats a safe cleaning method (ss/copper).

Ps. My ohm/volt reader say my mods pushing 4.1v on a fresh charge, so im concerened my assumpions may be wrong

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just use an old toothbrush and rubbing alcohol to clean threads. I'm gonna have to look up your mod to see how it's made before I can give ya any better advice than that.

If your button getting hot that'd be where the short is though.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity what does your current build read on the ohms meter?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your button is getting warm then something is shorting out. I would disassemble and clean the button.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're very welcome, I hope it helps ya out.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Safe cleaning method for me goes like this.

Take everything apart.

One method for SS and another for copper. Or can be used for both if you are willing to polish the copper after the cleaning.

For SS. Put all the parts in white vinager and let them have a nice soak.

Remove and rinse.

Then give them another soak in soapy water.

Rinse and then soak in more water. Hopefully distilled water. Me, I have a really good (AKA expensive water softener so not a concern).

Then dry. You can air dry and be patient or if you have a toaster oven put the parts in there, set the temp to keep warm (about 100 deg) and get them dry.

You can do the same for copper but it will turn green from the vinegar. Which is kinda cool IMHO. But you can always polish it up again.

Or, you can get some cheap high proof vodka or Isopropyl Alcohol and use that to remove the nasty bits of machine oil.

Then do the same after cleaning rinse stuff.

For cleaning the threads, go visit you local hardware store and find a very small brush thingie with brass bristles.

Squirt some WD 40 on a Q-Tip, apply it to the threads in question, apply the brush and repeat as needed.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also check the pin on the button and make sure it is consistently clearing the insulator to make a good contact.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup, that's about right so it kinda has to be in the mod. Did cleaning the threads help?

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No noticable difference. Im pretty sure my mod is a clone of a clone of a clone. Wasnt made by ehpro, infinite, hcigar or any decent cloner. Ill just wait for my new one in the mail. Should be here thurs.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What kind of mod did you say it is?

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never mind I found it. Is it still getting hot in the same place? How hot does it get? Does it heat up enough to actually burn you?
Got any pics yet?

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Manhatan mod (ss clone, brass button, copper pins) let me figure out how to send pics real quick lol. Buttom gets pretty warm. Button housing gets hot enough to burn skin

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If its not the mod then make sure your atty's 510 and the ceter pin aren't making any sort of contact. If its not that the only other thing i can think of would be the batteries your using. They may not be up to the task and which is why they produce the heat. Would you mind letting us know where you got the batteries from?

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Pancho_Brown, Got my batteries at a b&m/mom&pop.
MXJO 2500mah 3.7v 35a.
Charges up to 4.2v dont know what the continious is tho. Ohm/meter reader quotes the mod w/ full charged batt at 4.1v. I have some Sam 25rs (amazon, ekk!) coming soon so maybe i can rule that out when they get here

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow those threads look really clean. Obviously not the problem. Although it does kind of look like there is some paint/crud in the threads on the top cap. Other than that everything looks good to me. I'm gonna have to say that I'm at a loss. Without having my hands on it, to be honest at this point I'd just be guessing. Have you tried other attys on that mod?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My fuhattan misfires unless you hit it right in the center with 2 fingers and very hard. I think the magnets are just too strong.

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@JediTT, magma w/ afc ring off.
@mike-c, Ya plumveil and tobh v2 (clones)
@efektt, Ya after hearing everyones input im convinced its the mod, one way or another. Have you tried switching out the bottom magnet with a spring or is it collecting dust like mine?

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just tried taking out the bottom magnet and giving it a whirl. Luckly the top magnet is fixed and draws the battery downwards acting like a spring and pushing the button back to its unengaged placement. Works better yet still gets pretty hot and prob not safe in the long run especially w/o a locking ring. Bummer

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use it sometimes. Mine does not get hot though. Just doesnt fire consistently unless I press the button really hard. Everyone loves there fuhattan though, we must be missing something. Have you tried adjusting the center pin. Not just the copper pin, but the threading on the plastic part that surrounds it?

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope will tomorrow tho lol.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I unthreaded the plastic a little, and pushed the copper pin to make contact, it helped a little. Mine came with 2 pins. You could also try the other one, my 2nd one was too long and the topcap wouldnt thread all the way.

VapeChild

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to let everyone, who responded to my topic know, Ive recently obtained a new mod (overdose ehpro) and my problems were solved. Hence i had a faulty mod.

Life is good, lol

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I hate that we couldn't help ya fix the mod. Glad ya like the Overdose, and that everything worked out for ya. I still can't help but think that the other mod can be fixed. I wouldn't throw it away. If nothing else you might be able to salvage some parts off it.

Happy vaping!

VU Sponsors