Become a Patron!

Can you vape a higher nicotine juice then use higher?

Hey guys I was wondering if I use one juice that’s higher nicotine can I also use a lower nicotine juice and switch? Will I run into any issues like with a xanax you loose all effects dropping your dose?

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
You can go up or down at will without any issues. I started vaping years ago at 32mg/l and ramped it down in a very short time to 6mg.ml but found it a bit too low so went back up to 12mg and have stayed there for years.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes you can. It also depends on the device... specifically how many watts you are using. I started with 18 mg, then lowered to 12 mg (that was using a "MTL" coil at 12 watts) Eventually, I also got some "DL" coils (one uses 30 watts, the other uses 45 watts) I vape 6mg in those. Basically, you can switch up anytime... and also it depends on how much you vape. If a lower nic level doesn't seem to satisfy you, just vape more of it (and vice versa)

Hey guys I was wondering if I use one juice that’s higher nicotine can I also use a lower nicotine juice and switch? Will I run into any issues like with a xanax you loose all effects dropping your dose?
I think that nothing bad will happen. I do same thing pretty often, and everything is ok

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can go up or down at will without any issues.
May be slight urge for higher nicotine if you're used to that. Agree with @Walter Ladd though, there's no real adverse effects. I've stayed with 18mg/ml freebase since I started vaping. Tried using 12mg/ml for a week. I need the 18mg, 12 just doesn't "work" for me.
It also depends on the device...
*shrugs* That's also subjective. Yes a device can be different for some. Different gear can be different for some. Not saying it isn't. Though some like me it all seems the same. I don't like tanks for a couple of reasons. Biggest of those is for me tanks seem to mute flavor. But even that's subjective, I know.
If a lower nic level doesn't seem to satisfy you, just vape more of it (and vice versa)
Nah, stick with 4-6 ml of my 18mg thanks. Beats guzzling down down 12-20 ml juice daily, in my subjective view of course.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, stick with 4-6 ml of my 18mg thanks. Beats guzzling down down 12-20 ml juice daily, in my subjective view of course.
I will admit since I've been doing more DL vaping (but also still do MTL, DTL), I'm going through more juice and starting to get morning VG thing (no big deal but never had that before) Also, since I do DIY juices going through more VG and PG.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will admit since I've been doing more DL vaping (but also still do MTL, DTL), I'm going through more juice and starting to get morning VG thing
Think we use more for DL as "it" requires longer draws and/or more draws to satiate the need of nicotine. Hm, morning VG thing. Think I know what you're meaning.

Have noted using max VG I wake with mucous coating the roof of my mouth, and coating my lips. I might also give that to using a Cpap though. But going the route of DIY juices, can swap to lower VG if desired/needed.

Got some 50/50 around here somewhere. *chuckles* Need to locate it as I do eventually want to use it. Got a liter of max VG slowly being drained as it is. Guess that too is why I stick with the strength. Lets me use less but get the same effect as using more.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve weened my Son and his girlfriend off of nicotine. I dropped 1 mg each time I made a new bottle of juice. They stuck with the same devices too.

VU Sponsors