Become a Patron!

Can I use a Smok Stick X8 with any RDA?

Dear community, i have read through the whole wattage thing but I don't really get it.. So I'm hoping someone can help me in clarifying the following:

I have an RDA dripper, with a single 0.135 Ohm coil. And I have a Smok Stick X8 mod which has a built in 3000 mAh battery and 3.4V to 4.2V output.

Can I use the two together? Or am I risking having it explode in my face?

If you can show the calculation if you did calculate, I'd really appreciate it.

I also have a Wotofo Recurve Mod I am pairing with a Wotofo Profile. Not sure if it's ideal...

I'd really appreciate your help!

Dbreezy187

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking at the specs on the smok site as well as some of the other sellers doesn't specify the lowest resistance that can be used but it does say it has low resistance protection. Then looking at one of the x8 kits sold on the smok site it has the .13ohm baby beast coils in it. I wouldn't personally worry about it. Especially with it having the low resistance protection which should prevent it from firing if you build it to low.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering the smok stick kit came with a .13Ω coil, you should be fine.

As for the Recurve, that's good down to a .08Ω.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had the same questions about a v9 max. To be on the safe side i just didnt go below what the lowest ohm coil they offered for the device. I had no issues.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It isn't really the Mah you need to worry about.. its the CDR constant discharge rate. see steam-engine.org but as others have said, it should handle 0.13 ohm.

Thank you for your responses! Really appreciate it! I will definitely check the steam engine website. Thanks again!

VU Sponsors