Become a Patron!

Can anyone give me a run down on the dna chips?

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some newer box mods have DNA chips I've googled for a while now and can't find much on them, anyone have any info? or maybe a source I could learn about them at?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
There are actually a few versions out there. The new ones will do temp control. Names I recall are the DNA40 chops and the new chips going into the SX M mini class and ivp4 mods.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Great. Glad to help. I have been starting to look more serious myself. The DNA40s seem to still have a fair amount of issues. I am excited about the SX M cause u can drive up to 60 watts vs 40 on the DNA chips

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking at the Hana mods I've heard really great things about them, was just trying to read more into it.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I too looked at Hana but the 40 watts is a concern. I do have ivp3 so I may just use that whenever I need more than 40W

leaferikson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I too looked at Hana but the 40 watts is a concern. I do have ivp3 so I may just use that whenever I need more than 40W
I had the same concerns when I was choosing my new box. I went back and forth a lot about only having 40 watts. I finally let my inner impulse buying manchild take the reins, picked up the hana modz dna 40 dual battery and I haven't touched my 70 watt ipv2s since.

It may be biased, or just my brain justifying a 180 dollar box mod purchase, but I find that ni200+temp control gives me better flavor than kanthal.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be biased, or just my brain justifying a 180 dollar box mod purchase, but I find that ni200+temp control gives me better flavor than kanthal.

It's not your brain. Temp control really does generate a cleaner vape - especially with drippers. I rarely ever touch a non-TC mod anymore myself, for that very reason.

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not your brain. Temp control really does generate a cleaner vape - especially with drippers. I rarely ever touch a non-TC mod anymore myself, for that very reason.

I still use both, but I agree. I think the majority of complaints about TC is people who want to have a hot vape and they don't get why they can't set the temp at 450 degrees and get a hot vape. Definitely a different way to vape and you have to be willing to not vape at 10,000 degrees.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still use both, but I agree. I think the majority of complaints about TC is people who want to have a hot vape and they don't get why they can't set the temp at 450 degrees and get a hot vape. Definitely a different way to vape and you have to be willing to not vape at 10,000 degrees.

My TC vape is hot as hell. I LOOOVE hot vapor. It's just not hot enough to generate harmful chemicals.

I think a lot of people just don't know how to do a proper nickel coil build, and a proper wicking job. Also, I find that an atomizer that's designed from the ground up to run well with a single coil yields better results with nickel than dual coilers: while it's perfectly possible to do a dual nickel coil build that works well with TC, it's nowhere as quick and easy as doing a single coil build.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What harmful chemicals might be generated if it were hotter?

Formaldehyde's for one... nickel ( found in the wires we use, ni200, nichrome, and kanthal all contain nickel ) can also put off gasses but probably had much higher temps that our devices will see... most of these actually occur at temps that are uncomfortable to vape at.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What harmful chemicals might be generated if it were hotter?

Mostly acrolein, which comes from the degradation of glycerin at high temperature, and which is toxic - or at the very least, a known irritant of the respiratory tract. The DNA40 was designed specifically to prevent the generation of acrolein.

VU Sponsors