Become a Patron!

Call to Action Texas

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
(Update - 04.23.15)

SB 97 is on the move in the House and it still contains language that would severely limit adult access to vapor products via online sales. There are also advertising restrictions for which the penalties for violations would crush small businesses.

Please take action IMMEDIATELY by sending a message to your representative and members of the Committee on Calendars.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/ur ... f7ea2baa4c

Please share this post on your Facebook wall and in groups:
http://blog.casaa.org/2015/02/texas-cal ... ld-be.html

Thank you,
CASAA Legislative Team

(Writing Tip #1) If you have a lot to say, please craft your email in a separate word doc and then copy/paste it into the field provided. If you take too long, they system will time out and you will lose your work.
(Writing Tip #2) Although we've provided a prewritten email with compelling talking points, we would strongly encourage you to edit the email because personalized communications to legislators are far more persuasive than form letters. At a minimum, PLEASE INSERT YOUR PERSONAL STORY (just a few sentences) in the text of your email.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did write my Congress reps. It looks like SB97 is basically awaiting the governor's signature. My rep voted against it, thank goodness. I am very perturbed about this bill. No doubt about it. It isn't just because of minors either. But that is what the media wants you to think.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the fat lady is about to sing. I called the governor's office today. I had already emailed him. I doubt if it did any good. But at least you can say you did everything you could, to try to stop this from becoming law. It will hurt a lot more adults, in the long run. I expect other states will be doing much of the very same thing.

VU Sponsors