Become a Patron!

California Senate votes to restrict e-cigarettes as tobacco products

... Middle & high school students... Really? Really?

Umm how about they talk to ex smokers or maybe even someone slightly familiar with vaping? NO TOBACCO IS USED

307_vapeist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes I hate this fucking country. How the fuck can people who have no understanding of something be aloud to regulate it. Also, a gateway to cigs? Yep obviously no one would ever just want to taste watermelon. On top of that, the only "e-cigs" that are advertised, are ones made by tobacco companies. You want to fucking regulate something regulate their asses. God damn this pisses me off, I want a cigarette. Oh wait no I don't, I'll just drip my 6mg.

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love this State but hate the EFFIN people that run it and I don't even know them.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was trying to look up how to recall a senator and came to the conclusion that's not possible. They have to be voted out by their peers with a 2/3rds vote. So any ideas how to start voting the entire senate out? Everyone who voted, yes, vaping is a tobacco product is 100% incompetent for any job.

What's stopping anything being called tobacco now with tax and restrictions?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all about the money. California is broke and they have already spent the tobacco settlement monies so the last thing they want to do is encourage folks to quit smoking ... this has absolutely NOTHING to do with 'the kids'.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
California has been going this way for a while.
No surprise the SENATE voted this way on public vaping
Lot's of anti-vaping campaigning in CA
January of this year California Department of Public Health made this statement.
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/NR15-12.aspx

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not surprised so much as whatever is going to happen with vaping, as to being able to ban something based on calling it something its not.

So lets say I go to a mall. Every mall in California has a sign that says "Will cause cancer". Now I read this, http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/tobacco/Documents/Media/State Health-e-cig report.pdf So what the senate is saying is that malls and everything else labelled can cause cancer can be banned in the future. Because a mall is now tobacco.

I wish I could say I was stretching the definition, but since the senate has already done this, everything is fair game to ban. But I guess its all for the children.

VU Sponsors