Become a Patron!

Buyer Beware or list of sites to be wary of?

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After ordering from a company on ebay, I had over $400 stolen from the card I used. Is there a list of sites to stay away from or companies that any knows of to NEVER order from??

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know. But the vendors who are member/advertisers here are legit. If not, they have to answer to Tyger Tyger :sad: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/authorized-vu-vendors.119/

And my comment came from my personal experience with Gearbest. 4 orders, 3 problems, last 2 times had to open a dispute with paypal to get my stuff. I'm sure others have dealt with them without issue.

Last edited:

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My purchases from gearbest have been fine. Beware of clones though. It will say authentic if its real. Others say ......styled rta . Or what ever. Ebay is the most sketchy

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just pay with paypal or a pre-paid credit card and you won't have to worry about someone sucking you dry.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Angelcigs.
The complaints are numerous.

If you do order from them, if it says copper it is lead based paint not copper and good fucking luck for follow up, have to send anything back... HAHA shipping to china is FUCKED!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks for the tip! As a new member, I haven't seen it on the forum, but is there a topic showing the better sites to buy from??
You're best bet is to ask here in the forum and then weigh all the responses... We have new co's sign up in the forum everyday. We do our best to make sure they are legit, but with the regs coming down in August, we do expect to see a rise in co's that are only here for a short while to make a quick buck.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never use third party sites like eBay or Amazon. Reasons for avoiding eBay should be obvious, but even Amazon sells counterfeit goods. A family member got a fake otterbox phone case that Amazon had in their warehouse. If you're in the U.S. never buy batteries from any Chinese vendor. Use known, trusted vendors located in the states. Certain Chinese places are ok for other vape gear, just not batteries.

Waltheraustin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used eBay for all my purchases and not had any issues. One link was found here by a deal scouting website but batteries and a tank was bought and they are authentic. I just review feedback before buying on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
E bay is kinda shaky. There are a couple guys there selling "authentic" HoG V2's for $180 and there was only one run of like 1,000 made by Vaperzcloud which sold out almost immediately quite awhile ago. Those are clones on e bay, ones that you can get for ~$45 elsewhere. Batteries are risky at best, for sure don't buy any Sony's you see there. As Walteraustin said, check that feedback and have your salt shaker handy. Caveat Emptor!

BackWoodz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have noticed an increase in people paying with stolen paypal accounts and credit cards. They usually catch it quick within a hour or two. I hate that it throws the hidden algorithm off and forces vendors to relist, then contact E-bay by phone to get the seller fees removed. The vendors can usually spot out the fakes when they wake up and see some purchase $200 with of liquid. Be wary of buying mods labeled "authentic". Always check the vendor location and feedback. If they are selling bootleg and knock offs,odds are someone else has complained.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have noticed an increase in people paying with stolen paypal accounts and credit cards. They usually catch it quick within a hour or two. I hate that it throws the hidden algorithm off and forces vendors to relist, then contact E-bay by phone to get the seller fees removed. The vendors can usually spot out the fakes when they wake up and see some purchase $200 with of liquid. Be wary of buying mods labeled "authentic". Always check the vendor location and feedback. If they are selling bootleg and knock offs,odds are someone else has complained.
Kinda like your vendor name, sounds so much like Backwoods Brew???

BackWoodz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kinda like your vendor name, sounds so much like Backwoods Brew???

This was my nickname ..just rolled it over to branding it. I've seen that name on at least 3 other e-liquids. Backwoods Brew,blend and vapor. Doesn't mean I am selling them Eco and sending it in Backwoods Brew bottles.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting those so I didn't have to
ncXMjrBcB_zpsh5tbpre2.gif

VU Sponsors