Become a Patron!

Burnt cotton taste even on low wattage?

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using a sigelei 150 tc with a subtank mini 1.2 ohm. I get a burnt cotton taste sometimes when I vape. The liquid is full.

Did I go too high on the wattage?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you pre juice the coil? If not, you probably have burned some cotton, and you won't get rid of that flavor, unless you replace the coil.

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did prejuice the wick when I first got it. I vaped a flavour, switched out the liquid and vaped it for a while till it had a burnt taste. Next hit had no burnt taste.

Do you "prejuice the coil" every time you switch liquids, cause I didnt and maybe that was why? On my manual it shows under 26 watts for 1.2, under 60 for .5. So I definately need to turn it down.

I do vape it consistently and it could be overheating the coil or im vaping the juice in the cotton faster than it can be absorbed? The tanks sometimes feels warm.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those subtank coils at 1.2 vape much better at 20-25 watts! 40 watts is too high :)

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a lot for a 1.2 Ohm coil.
Ha ha ha... no kidding, Neuner. If David was using a mech, the discharge would be 15 watts at 4.2V. That said, I have no idea what Kanger uses for wire gauge (or parallel coil count) in a Subtank, so a substantially higher wattage may be appropriate.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I did prejuice the wick when I first got it. I vaped a flavour, switched out the liquid and vaped it for a while till it had a burnt taste. Next hit had no burnt taste.

Do you "prejuice the coil" every time you switch liquids, cause I didnt and maybe that was why? On my manual it shows under 26 watts for 1.2, under 60 for .5. So I definately need to turn it down.

I do vape it consistently and it could be overheating the coil or im vaping the juice in the cotton faster than it can be absorbed? The tanks sometimes feels warm.
You need to "prejudice" every new/dry coil. This is valid for RBA coils as well.

VU Sponsors