Become a Patron!

Building stand.

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, after purchasing a "coil master" kit that turned out to be fake from eBay, I'm returning it and have ordered the new version from coil master direct,

But my question is, is there a decent stand to hold multiple coils so I can work on them? Or even something that holds one?

Also, what box have you got to store your little bits in? The new kit doesn't give you that box anymore so I'm going to need to find one, I've had a quick look on eBay and can only find tool boxes or massive ones.

Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally bought a huge tackle box from academy sports for 24 bucks it holds all my gear like 30 bottles of flavor , tools and all the boxes my equipment came in .
I know they have smaller organization boxes for 5 or 6 bucks , or a small box would do the trick . They also sell craft boxes at hobby lobby and cheats and such with removable trays that would do the trick also

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a box from Dollar General. It's three separate shallow boxes that snap together and the lid snaps onto the top box. One of the boxes came with a tray that has dividers for bits and pieces. It's made by Sterilite and was 5 or 6 bucks.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the "display" rack from Fasttech while it doesn't hold my tools it does hold my RDA's /tanks and mods quite well

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, after purchasing a "coil master" kit that turned out to be fake from eBay, I'm returning it and have ordered the new version from coil master direct,

But my question is, is there a decent stand to hold multiple coils so I can work on them? Or even something that holds one?

Also, what box have you got to store your little bits in? The new kit doesn't give you that box anymore so I'm going to need to find one, I've had a quick look on eBay and can only find tool boxes or massive ones.

Thanks guys :)

Jim:

Go to Michael's Craft Shop (they have an online site if there isn't a store in your town) and look at the boxes they have for beading. I use fishing tackle boxes meant for small hooks and and lures. some of those are full of 1" compartments. WalMart has a good selection and Dick's Sporting goods has a nice selection. And if you are as lucky as we are in Tampa, we JUST got a Bass Pro shop and that thing will knock your hat in the creek. Of course all their stuff is offered on a web site.

Now if I am understanding correctly, there is a gadget called a Third Hand put out by one of the vape shops. I have one and it works quite well. It has a suction cup on the bottom and two articulating joints. It comes to accept a 510 base so I have made different adaptors for special jobs. Google The Third Hand and you should get there. The small one sells for $45 and the larger one I believe is around $60. Don't buy any of the look alikes of aliens running around out there. Also, for small parts boxes and handy tools, check out the Fly fishing supplies shops. I know you will find something that will work there.

Good luck and please keep us informed of the neat things you found to use.
Eric

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheers for the replies guys. From what you guys are talking about it sounds like your all in America lol. I'm in the UK and we don't have that many vale shops. I love about a mile from the biggest asda (Walmart super centre) in the country and they don't have what I want. Quite surprising since I'm sure you can go and buy ammo and stuff in the USA lol.

Tbh I may have to wait for the stand as I have ordered version 3 of the coil master diy kit. It has a few bits that I do not recognise so gonna check them out but all the info on the storage boxes is great :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheers for the replies guys. From what you guys are talking about it sounds like your all in America lol. I'm in the UK and we don't have that many vale shops. I love about a mile from the biggest asda (Walmart super centre) in the country and they don't have what I want. Quite surprising since I'm sure you can go and buy ammo and stuff in the USA lol.

Tbh I may have to wait for the stand as I have ordered version 3 of the coil master diy kit. It has a few bits that I do not recognise so gonna check them out but all the info on the storage boxes is great :)

Life is easy, as you make it. Take a piece of steel, wood, whatever, pull the top off an Ego Battery, & drill a hole into the Steel, wood. ect. Glue the Ego threaded device to it. Instant Stand. :cool:

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmmm. I do have a couple of spare ego batteries actually. Wonder if that would work? You got me feeling all evil like thinking of that haha

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm. I do have a couple of spare ego batteries actually. Wonder if that would work? You got me feeling all evil like thinking of that haha

I used a steel block weighing 3 lbs. J.B. Weld/Epoxy. Used it hundreds of times so far. It's a wonderful coil building platform. :cool:

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha... I just haven't got around to looking for storage solutions.

I'm so lazy... I needed something to hold juice bottles and to store unused high res clearos, EVODs etc. so for now they sit in a couple of empty 18 count egg cartons. I'm hopeless. :p

I'm the same. I've got everything stashed in one box although my collection is small to why most people have. The wife's been going mental about it haha

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does any one know anything about 3d printing? Wouldn't mind some software and make my own lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does any one know anything about 3d printing? Wouldn't mind some software and make my own lol

I do. All you need to start is a couple thousand in the bank to set up a home printer. More if you want to make anything that works.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read a Dude printed out a Lamborghini over two years, cost him 230,000.00 U.S. Dollars. Got it to 90 mph before it started breaking apart. But he did it. A real one cost about 175,000.00. Go figure.

NobleExcalibur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I wasn't thinking about that (yet ) but was thinking about getting some free software and designing one and then getting it printed. Had a look on the old goggle :) and found some companies that give free quotes to get things printed. At least it would be suited to me than a random box or something lol

VU Sponsors