Become a Patron!

bricked alien mod

i bought an alien kit few days ago i went to upgrade the firmware but i flashed the wrong file
so i panicked and called the store and told them that the mod is broken (haha) they said "send it back and we will give u new one if it doesnt work"

so my question is.. is there anyway they can see that i tried to flash the mod? any flash counter? is there any software that detects which firmware is installed or something like this?

thanks

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Be honest with them. If they know what you did, it may/should be easer for them to fix it.

Be honest with them. If they know what you did, it may/should be easer for them to fix it.
i already told them that its broken etc i called them today that also the batteries dont fit quite well but anyways i know how to fix it i found a youtube video after i return it haha

i just want to know if there is any way they can find if someone flashed it or no..

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the update hasn't been successful then there's no way for them to know.

My mod came with version b so no updates required but I heard the original versions had misfires an a couple glitches.

Hope you sort it, good mod & good tank. Mine has been very good to me :)

If the update hasn't been successful then there's no way for them to know.

My mod came with version b so no updates required but I heard the original versions had misfires an a couple glitches.

Hope you sort it, good mod & good tank. Mine has been very good to me :)
thats a relief haha

thank you! i accidentally flashed another mods firmware and it was stuck on updating when i unplugged it wasnt booting up
although i found that if u have it plugged in and without batteries and you hold the fire button you can boot it up even if its bricked so you can flash the firmware

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats a relief haha

thank you! i accidentally flashed another mods firmware and it was stuck on updating when i unplugged it wasnt booting up
although i found that if u have it plugged in and without batteries and you hold the fire button you can boot it up even if its bricked so you can flash the firmware
And you know to take batteries out when updating right??

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i bought an alien kit few days ago i went to upgrade the firmware but i flashed the wrong file
so i panicked and called the store and told them that the mod is broken (haha) they said "send it back and we will give u new one if it doesnt work"

so my question is.. is there anyway they can see that i tried to flash the mod? any flash counter? is there any software that detects which firmware is installed or something like this?

thanks
Why don't you just go back to Smok's update page and flash the proper update? Why did you try to update in the first place?
http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Very good question the latest aliens work fine too. The only reason to update is if you don't have version b cos the first models had misfire issues...

How do you know what version you have? Not sure which one I have now.....had it a few months now.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When you turn it on or off, look at the screen.

1f724d44694dd0d55a48a069ad68bdad.jpg

Sent from a pay phone

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2 Aliens and totally happy with them here. V1.2.1 on my main one and no reason to update because it works fine.

VU Sponsors