Become a Patron!

Brands of flavoring that dont taste like cleaning chemicals???

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK guys and gals... I need some more help ... PLEASE!!!

@Letitia9 said: "Augvape Intake is a good starter for a new builder."
Who sells this? is AugVape the supplier? Do other places sell it? What is comparable?
Do they have all the other stuff I need as well?

@Just Frank
Thanks for the advice on the Coils from eightvape. I added a pack of .3ohm to my cart and see they charge $5 shipping on top of the $11.95 for the coils so I'm right back to the price of wotofo coils on ebay for $18.

BUT I like the .3ohm better because I like lower wattage so I want to try some.

That being said, I may as well place a decent order so I can use a coupon and make the shipping worth while. They have several promotions running at the moment...the more I spend, the better the savings.

I'd like to get an RTA or RTDA but not sure what to get. The top air flow sounds like the shit to combat leaking issues, esp for a newb.

Are there any RTA's from eightvape you would recommend?

I want to build .5 ohm so I can vape at 25 watts...

1. ohm meter to build coils on... Any brands better than others? Maybe buy this separate on ebay?
2. wire/mesh... seems to be the most confusing and complicated issue here. All the diff names and numbers have me completely LOST!! HELP!!!
3. cotton... seems pretty straight forward but again, shitload of options/brands/types

I like high quality stuff... Seems like it will still be cheaper than buying them so the sooner I start the sooner I save, lol

What wire/mesh should I get?? Brand, size, supplier?
What RTA should I get? Ideally want 5ml tank or close, 25mm will fit my FLUX nicely, maybe get 2 - a single and a dual coil?
What cotton should I get?
what else do I need???
- A metal post of some sort to wrap wire around?
- I have tweezers, dental pick, screwdrivers, etc

Perhaps someone can recommend another supplier where I can get all this stuff at once to save on shipping?
Or do I need to get certain things from certain places in order to obtain the quality I need?

THANKS!!!!

I was going to hold off on getting this stuff but I forgot I am getting a refund from school.... Pell Grant pays my entire tuition with money back! I intend to burn up every last penny of available Grants and continue taking classes/certifications until it's gone. Why wouldnt I?? It's free with a kickback!!! Am applying for scholarships as well and the school I'm going to gets a bunch of cash from the Lottery to pass out. This is all great practice I can use again for my 13yo who is in all accelerated classes. She is my super girl, going to college and make daddy PROUD!

This all came about when my son completed a manufacturing certificate and got a $3000 refund... I was like WTF!? SIGN ME UP! Get paid to go to school? How can you beat that? If I can just get my SPINE to cooperate!!!!

Sorry, I'm jacked up on pain pills at the moment so I'm rambling off on tangents.

My mom is also in the hospital having surgery and I have to take parents dog to the vet as it has been vomiting for the last 2 days. Dad is with mom at the hospital and sister is home recovering from Thyroid removal. I go to 2 doctors Wed to review MRI's and figure out what to do about my spine. Whole damn family is broken!!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a great plan, thanks

I just happened to have a full bottle of this RIPE that I bought with the sub ohm FLUX mod. I paid $25 for it and I dont waste anything if I can help it. As a chef, I have always found a way to utilize everything and would rather alter a $25 bottle to make it usable rather than just throw it away. I dont have money like that.... $1200/month is what I live on. If I had saved all the money I wasted when I was younger, I would be living in a sweet home, fully paid for but instead I have NOTHING. It's hard to understand until you are stuck on the street with nothing and the hindsight kicks you in the ass.

As the chef of a restaurant, waste can be the end of the business. Most ppl think all restaurants are huge cash makers but that's not the case at all. MOST of them make their money from the booze and the food end breaks even but is also used to draw ppl in. When I owned my restaurant, if I had thrown out all the little bits and left overs instead of turning them into something else, I wouldn't have been successful. If you watch the pennies, the dollars will follow.

Once I finish this bottle of RIPE, that I will continue to alter 10ml at a time, then I shall begin making recipes from scratch.

Only reason I have to alter this stuff is bc it came as 3mg nic and I want 15mg so when I dilute it with more nic juice, it lost flavor so I added more flavor. Yes, it's still pretty nasty but again, I'm only vaping to get nicotine into my body. I smoked Camels for 23 years so the taste of this stuff is like a steak dinner compared to an actual cig.

I got a code for the free PRO version of the Easy Ejuice Vape app that was created by a member here and posted in the forum. I'm all for supporting fellow members who help each other. It's a pretty good app and I think it will work great for my needs. I am also in school for programming so supporting fellow programmers is high on my list as well.

You are still newbie status.. lol.. just because you mixed premade juices, doesnt mean you know any more than someone fresh starting out!
Even I learn new things on mixing most every day! Just remember to keep notes.

As far as your finances, hope things will change. They should if you apply yourself. Not all of us are sitting pretty on a cash cow..
Some of us do eat burgers and dogs ;)

I do wish you luck, and hope you run out of your nasty juices quickly. Read the forums here, lots of good info..
Not much else I can add, except have fun! :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What wire/mesh should I get?? Brand, size, supplier?
What RTA should I get? Ideally want 5ml tank or close, 25mm will fit my FLUX nicely,
So.....many.....question...lol :D
That site Eightvape has Geekvape Griffin 25's for ten bucks. Not that long ago it was a $30 tank. It's a good tank to learn on. Just watch a tutorial on youtube and practice on it.

You want to research wire types to see which kind you want. I mostly use kanthal and sometimes stainless. The lower the gauges the thicker the wire. I use 24, 26, 28ga mostly. Get some cheap japanese cotton pads to play with too.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Holly shit, those are expensive! $22 for a 15ml bottle plus $8 shipping... I used to get bottles of *** for $30, lol

Have you used this stuff? perhaps this is one of those 5 drops per 30ml of juice kinds of flavorings?

I am intrigued and want to try it but will have to think this over for a bit. That's a bit steep compared to the others at $2-$3 for 10ml

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got a Griffin 25 RTA for $10 from GeekVape along with the coilmaster kit. Watched some vids on building. Not happy with the flavor and it's so tall... I will keep trying

Also got a pack of the coil master coils with the idea of being able to try out various types of wire but I think that was a waste of $15. The ends of the coils are so long that when I cut them down to fit, the ohms are cut almost in half. I thought I was getting .45 - .6 ohm coils. Some of them have extra thick ends, some with copper, some doubled up with something else that I have to cut off to use. Are those coils for a special RBA? The ends are so long it would take a 60mm tank to use them or perhaps some tanks mount the coils vertically??? What am I missing here?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holly shit, those are expensive! $22 for a 15ml bottle plus $8 shipping... I used to get bottles of *** for $30, lol

Have you used this stuff? perhaps this is one of those 5 drops per 30ml of juice kinds of flavorings?

I am intrigued and want to try it but will have to think this over for a bit. That's a bit steep compared to the others at $2-$3 for 10ml
It is the instant addiction flavoring.
:D
It will have you buzzing like a bee.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holly shit, those are expensive! $22 for a 15ml bottle plus $8 shipping... I used to get bottles of LSD for $30, lol

I recently got some LSD in my vape mail! ( http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/wera-garden-flavours/338-little-space-drop.html )

Yes...I've used MF. Usually a little goes a long way.
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/medicine-flower-tasting-notes/38088

Lotus is same as MF
https://ecigexpress.com/collections/lotus-flavors

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Bull City carries INW, I was planning to get some Mango as well as 7 others so now I'm trying to decide if I should spend the $30 on med flowers mango or $30 on 8 flavors from Bull City, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull City carries INW, I was planning to get some Mango as well as 7 others so now I'm trying to decide if I should spend the $30 on med flowers mango or $30 on 8 flavors from Bull City, lol

I know I have strange tastes with my bitter gene thing and all.
But all the INW fruit flavorings I tried were pretty bad.
The melons and such especially.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I have strange tastes with my bitter gene thing and all.
But all the INW fruit flavorings I tried were pretty bad.
The melons and such especially.

Uh, thanks for that... then I prob wont like them either. I got some of that Stevia you suggested and found out that's exactly what I dont like about several flavors I've tried in the past. I added 2 drops of it to 10ml of liquid and blech. At least now I know what it is that I didnt like about them and will steer clear of any flavors with any sort of Stevia in them. Thinking about trying some Flavorah Candy Roll to see if that will add the sweetness I'm looking for.

Would be nice if the manufacturers would answer questions...

I contacted Capella to ask if their sweet cream has Stevia and all I got was... "That's a proprietary secret" to which I responded, "I never asked for the recipe, I asked if it contained Stevia"... seems like a pretty simple request and nothing to do with proprietary secrets, so now I will no longer buy anything Capella because they obviously have their heads stuck up their asses. My first order from Bull City contained 4 diff Cap flavors and I dont like any of them so I think I can live without their proprietary secrets.

I guess I'll spring for the expensive Mango as that's what I'm really after. I do think I would be happy with just one flavor that I like for a long time. If its as good as everyone says and super concentrated then it wont be so bad. I've tried 4 diff mango's so far and was about to order 6 more from Bull City. This shit was much easier 10 years ago when there were only a handful of flavors available. Bull City has like 16 mango's... I dont see how there can be that many differences out of one fruit! And then I noticed a big difference through the Griffin RTA vs the prefab wotofo coils. ARRGH! Why does this have to be so hard? lol

I am starting to see this is going to be a much more expensive venture than I hoped for. I dont know what's wrong with me... Why does everything taste so bad?!?!? Perhaps 20 years of 4 and 5 star cooking has me spoiled. I cant eat fast food, it all tastes like ass to me.

on another note, I got some VTC6 18650's and I am loving them. Lower amps than the Efest I've been using so they seem to last a good bit longer.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How Do I DELETE a post?

I posted the same thing twice by mistake, it didnt do anything when I hit post so 30 seconds later I hit post again and now there are two posts so I changed one to this, lol

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I read that Medicine Flower notes thread... noticed some people said too much flavor causes bitterness. Am I missing out by using 20% flavoring on these cheap flavors? There seems to be a lot of contradicting info regarding % of flavoring used. I like a lot of flavor so I went with 20% and I'm not getting much flavor. Then there seems to be a steeping issue that some say flavors get weaker and/or bitter over time while other say they get better over time. OMG, I'm SOOO lost right now LOL

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uh, thanks for that... then I prob wont like them either. I got some of that Stevia you suggested and found out that's exactly what I dont like about several flavors I've tried in the past. I added 2 drops of it to 10ml of liquid and blech. At least now I know what it is that I didnt like about them and will steer clear of any flavors with any sort of Stevia in them. Thinking about trying some Flavorah Candy Roll to see if that will add the sweetness I'm looking for.

Would be nice if the manufacturers would answer questions...

I contacted Capella to ask if their sweet cream has Stevia and all I got was... "That's a proprietary secret" to which I responded, "I never asked for the recipe, I asked if it contained Stevia"... seems like a pretty simple request and nothing to do with proprietary secrets, so now I will no longer buy anything Capella because they obviously have their heads stuck up their asses. My first order from Bull City contained 4 diff Cap flavors and I dont like any of them so I think I can live without their proprietary secrets.

I guess I'll spring for the expensive Mango as that's what I'm really after. I do think I would be happy with just one flavor that I like for a long time. If its as good as everyone says and super concentrated then it wont be so bad. I've tried 4 diff mango's so far and was about to order 6 more from Bull City. This shit was much easier 10 years ago when there were only a handful of flavors available. Bull City has like 16 mango's... I dont see how there can be that many differences out of one fruit! And then I noticed a big difference through the Griffin RTA vs the prefab wotofo coils. ARRGH! Why does this have to be so hard? lol

I am starting to see this is going to be a much more expensive venture than I hoped for. I dont know what's wrong with me... Why does everything taste so bad?!?!? Perhaps 20 years of 4 and 5 star cooking has me spoiled. I cant eat fast food, it all tastes like ass to me.

on another note, I got some VTC6 18650's and I am loving them. Lower amps than the Efest I've been using so they seem to last a good bit longer.

so sorry that the Stevia did not work for you.
It is my only choice since I cannot tolerate any artificial sweeteners.

And same here most all fast food burgers taste horrible to me.
Some fries and fish are ok though.

ON the Efests. They always lie on their amps on the wrappers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never mind... this post included CAP flavorings which I read you had sworn off of.

best of luck to ya it was a very difficult road for me to find something I could vape.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just had a chat with Medicine Flowers through FB, they have some upcoming black Friday codes and said to request 1 or 2 specific samples in the notes when I order! I shall hold off for a week and order some Mango and request a couple of samples with it!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just had a chat with Medicine Flowers through FB, they have some upcoming black Friday codes and said to request 1 or 2 specific samples in the notes when I order! I shall hold off for a week and order some Mango and request a couple of samples with it!
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
As I think I have said though all mango I have tried is horrible to me.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Go with more flavors while your learning what you like and just research MF for now. The thread Ron posted is great.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, thanks, I'll try cutting back and see how that goes. I had a mango about 10 years ago that was great, my sister liked it too. I hope to be making juice for my sis and dad as well but I have to get some basics down first. need... more... bottles, wish I hadnt tossed the hundreds I've gone through over the years.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Bottles are pretty cheap on line. In a pinch you can pickup a few in the baking/candy supplies section at Walmart or most craft stores like hobby lobby.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you could get a better mango flavor by combing two different ones or even three.

20% single flavor is too much IMO. The flavors we all use have an optimal range. Once you go above that, it can start tasting funky or even mute itself. I kept reading "less is more" when I first started. It's a true phrase.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure have not.
I am kinda done with mango....
Not sure I ever found a mango anything that did not have a raspy bitter taste to me. umm including Mangos.

LOL, yes it can be tricky to find a good ripe mango at the store. Many times they are bitter and that's because they are picked long before they are ripe. I'd love to visit the Philippines to get some tree ripened.

Same thing with Pineapple. My parents went to Hawaii and were told all the tree ripened ones are consumed on the island, The ones shipped here are very much green and weeks away from being ripe. Makes sense, they would be rotten when they arrived if they waited until they are ripe to ship them. Also want to go to Hawaii to get some real pineapple.. LOL

can you tell I like fruit???

If I had the cash, I would travel the world in search of tree ripened fruit. Maybe I can get one of those TV shows to foot the bill and I'll do a show on fruit of the world. YUM!!

Just got some Royal Riveria Pears (Harry and David).... not ripe yet but very close...damn those things are good!

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got a Griffin 25 RTA for $10 from GeekVape along with the coilmaster kit. Watched some vids on building. Not happy with the flavor and it's so tall... I will keep trying

Also got a pack of the coil master coils with the idea of being able to try out various types of wire but I think that was a waste of $15. The ends of the coils are so long that when I cut them down to fit, the ohms are cut almost in half. I thought I was getting .45 - .6 ohm coils. Some of them have extra thick ends, some with copper, some doubled up with something else that I have to cut off to use. Are those coils for a special RBA? The ends are so long it would take a 60mm tank to use them or perhaps some tanks mount the coils vertically??? What am I missing here?

I just came across this thread. In this particular post I'm trying to understand your method. Are you new to vaping in general? Have you learned your Ohm Law for coil building? Are you trying to build plus make your own juice?

You did not waste any money on the coils or anything else that you mentioned, including flavors.

If you build one coil for the atty you will have that particular ohm that was stated. If you put both in and run dual coils, then halve the resistance of each coil and that will be your ending ohm for the atty. You must check this prior to placement like on a ohmmeter. If you get a coil with say 0.50 you're build for one will be 0.50ohm, duals you're looking at a 0.25 and from what I've read you need to be higher to begin with in this journey. You can go down as you're learning everything but now, stay at least around a 0.50. I run .40 all day with a decent flavor. Lower isn't always better for many.
Cotton Bacon v2 is the only cotton I use. Any organic cotton like Japanese is fine to start off with and many still use it. Nothing wrong with it. CB v2 is more expensive and while learning, go cheap.
The easiest way to learn coils these days are the way you started off. Then learn to build from spooled wire. This way you can get used to the coils, wicking and overall flavor chasing or clouds. This will come later if you're trying to opt for flavor.
Cotton changes come often and coils come less often. Premade coils like you have are good. Prebuilt tank coils usually burn out fairly quick. You're ahead of the game there. Your coil kit can help once you start with spooled wire. Right now it helps tighten and adjust the coils you have bought.
The Samsung V6 are great batteries and I use those plus LG browns. Get a good charger for those batteries. Don't just plug in your mod.
Juice is a given. You buy it or DIY. I'm new to making mine, as in this week. Read up before attempting. I've been reading for a few weeks and I'm a newbie. I do know you keep your flavors much lower than what you started with. I did a main flavor the other day at just 4%. A little goes a long way here. Never close to your levels unless you just like it.
Hope this helps some since I've been in this since 2012 with a few years off. Read up and read again. I certainly do! :)

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again for all the input. I managed to make several nasty flavors and a few ok ones, still mixing and just got 14 more flavors in so I'm up to 39 flavors. Working on recipes today that use 3 and 4 flavorings. EDIT... Forgot to mention I got a scale for Xmas and will be mixing by weight so I don't have to battle all these syringes!

Managed to get a decent .5ohm double coil build into my Griffin 25 which is what I was aiming for. I guess my mod is lacking a bit as it takes much longer to heat it up vs ready made disposables... Certainly much more wire and cotton!

I got 4 more vtc6 batteries from Illumun (I think)... One of the 3 places suggested. Havent noticed any difference from the 2 I got on ebay with 2yr old date codes. The codes on the new ones are "erased" so I can't even check the manufacturer date on them.

OH... The mango from Medicine Flower... WORST EVER... at 1%, it tastes like I just chewed up a handful of fresh flowers. There is ZERO mango flavor. It just occurred to me that perhaps it was mislabeled so I will contact them but at $22 for 15ml, i expected something that was at least usable. At my request they did send a free bottle of pear that my dad likes. I asked for a sample and got a 15ml bottle (worth $22) so if anyone orders from Medicine Flower, be sure to ask for a sample and be specific on what you want!

Will post more info about specific flavors once I find a recipe I like.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again for all the input. I managed to make several nasty flavors and a few ok ones, still mixing and just got 14 more flavors in so I'm up to 39 flavors. Working on recipes today that use 3 and 4 flavorings. EDIT... Forgot to mention I got a scale for Xmas and will be mixing by weight so I don't have to battle all these syringes!

Managed to get a decent .5ohm double coil build into my Griffin 25 which is what I was aiming for. I guess my mod is lacking a bit as it takes much longer to heat it up vs ready made disposables... Certainly much more wire and cotton!

I got 4 more vtc6 batteries from Illumun (I think)... One of the 3 places suggested. Havent noticed any difference from the 2 I got on ebay with 2yr old date codes. The codes on the new ones are "erased" so I can't even check the manufacturer date on them.

OH... The mango from Medicine Flower... WORST EVER... at 1%, it tastes like I just chewed up a handful of fresh flowers. There is ZERO mango flavor. It just occurred to me that perhaps it was mislabeled so I will contact them but at $22 for 15ml, i expected something that was at least usable. At my request they did send a free bottle of pear that my dad likes. I asked for a sample and got a 15ml bottle (worth $22) so if anyone orders from Medicine Flower, be sure to ask for a sample and be specific on what you want!

Congrats on your mixing! I'm still a newbie on mixing so I won't touch on that. Experts will chime in on this...

Your mod should be fine on a 0.50 ohm build. Depending on what kind of wire you are using the ramp up times will be different. This will come with learning your wire type, wrap, etc. Much information is written for you to make a good decision on your taste, mod and everyone has their own tastes. I build on K1 still along with SS. Some are into other types. Builds I'm anywhere from a basic round wire to exotics, again my preference and each atty to me is a tad different. The SSFC I do tend to enjoy though.

Rather concerned about your batteries. Please contact the company if you cannot check for authenticity. The information is really supposed to be there for not only checking that but also for safety purposes. You must know your battery. Did you check them on a meter? I never would trust a battery that was improperly labeled.

Again on mixing and flavoring I'm a newbie in this area. I'm finding out some flavors are rather not so tasty and far away from their flavor unless blended and steeped. I'm learning as well. I will say not to give up on flavors since many don't fit their own flavor profile until blended. I'm going with tried and true recipes myself with the most highest ratings. Even single mixes to learn my flavors, I'm enjoying that! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

hmm.. so you did not test it from low to high, ya just jumped to 1% MF Mango..

What's it taste like at say.... .12% or .2%??

This is why when using ultras like Medicine flower or Flavorah.. you start really low and then work your way up higher till you can find your own spot.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OH... The mango from Medicine Flower... WORST EVER... at 1%, it tastes like I just chewed up a handful of fresh flowers.
Flavors tasting floral is a sign of using too much. I've never tried that brand but that's what I'm thinking. I would have started at .25% probably and worked up from there. It could be just a shitty flavor though too. I wouldn't pay that much when there's so many other options. The fact that you did shows you're commitment of finding the perfect mango. I can respect that but most times you won't find what you're looking for in one single concentrate. I wish you luck, mangos aren't really my thing even though I have way too many of them flavors lol. The last mango-y recipe I tried was Mango Colada by ID-10. It was almost too much mango.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Flavors tasting floral is a sign of using too much. I've never tried that brand but that's what I'm thinking. I would have started at .25% probably and worked up from there. It could be just a shitty flavor though too. I wouldn't pay that much when there's so many other options. The fact that you did shows you're commitment of finding the perfect mango. I can respect that but most times you won't find what you're looking for in one single concentrate. I wish you luck, mangos aren't really my thing even though I have way too many of them flavors lol. The last mango-y recipe I tried was Mango Colada by ID-10. It was almost too much mango.
Yeah, mango is a tough one. I was convinced(by commercial juice) that I hated mango juice. ID10-T Mango Blossom Macaron convinced me otherwise. I think, if I’m remembering correctly, he only used FLV mango.....it’s his favorite of the lot.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your mod should be fine on a 0.50 ohm build. Depending on what kind of wire you are using the ramp up times will be different. This will come with learning your wire type, wrap, etc. Much information is written for you to make a good decision on your taste, mod and everyone has their own tastes. I build on K1 still along with SS. Some are into other types. Builds I'm anywhere from a basic round wire to exotics, again my preference and each atty to me is a tad different. The SSFC I do tend to enjoy though.
Good info here. Keep trying different wires, different inner diameters, amount of wraps, ect. When you find one you like a lot, jot down what you did so you can replicate it whenever you want. I'm using a Griffin 25 right now and getting excellent flavor. These tanks love claptoned wire. I usually just use Geekvape spooled clapton but last time got sent the wrong one. 8vape sent me twisted clapton and I was a little ticked off. I'm really glad I tried it tho. It works awesome in my Griff. I did 5 wraps, spaced, 3mm ID, and it's ohming at .222. Its some pretty thick stuff so it ramps up but I'm not minding at all. 70W and it "chucks" lol at these terms.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you have time, there’s a podcast/YouTube called Noted. Three relatively well known mixers(Mlnikon, ID10-T and CheebaSteeba) run through flavors. They pick a profile(tropical, blueberries, strawberries, cookies, etc...) and single flavor test them all. It’s a really informative show, IMO. I watch it every week! Their descriptions are generally pretty accurate and sometimes hilarious. Just a thought for ya.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, mango is a tough one. I was convinced(by commercial juice) that I hated mango juice. ID10-T Mango Blossom Macaron convinced me otherwise. I think, if I’m remembering correctly, he only used FLV mango.....it’s his favorite of the lot.
Yeah, the guy is a mango nut. He has an insane amount of mango flavors. I think he's gone out of his way to try every mango flavor know to the world lol. I remember he loved SC Mango too but fresh. After a few days it settled and he was pissed. "I think I've found it!" lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Again, like I said.. you do your own solos..
Sure you can read,watch and plot out what you assume you will taste.. but unless you yourself put your work in..
and from the lowest to highest, no matter what flavor company.. yeah..

Over flavoring is a big culprit.. and what I like, you might not.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm.. so you did not test it from low to high, ya just jumped to 1% MF Mango..

What's it taste like at say.... .12% or .2%??

This is why when using ultras like Medicine flower or Flavorah.. you start really low and then work your way up higher till you can find your own spot.

Most of the flavors I have I started with 10ml mixed single flavor at 5 and 10%... Flavor ah and med flower I tested at 1%. I made a mango mix of 3 brands where I used .5% MF mango and the flowery taste overpowered everything. I guess I'll have to try it by the drop(s) and see if that does anything. I was thinking 1% IS low but perhaps not. This is why I was (am) looking for a chart showing what percentage to use of the various brands.

I have Cappella, Flavor Art, The Flavor Apprentice, Lorann, Medicine Flower, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor West, Flavorah... currently

I only have 35 flavors, 4 of the ones I just got are repeats of what I already had and used up. I was getting only the smallest size available but just started getting 30 ml bottles as I've learned I can burn through a 10ml bottle pretty quick just experimenting.

2019-01-05 11.42.16.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Most of the flavors I have I started with 10ml mixed single flavor at 5 and 10%... Flavor ah and med flower I tested at 1%. I made a mango mix of 3 brands where I used .5% MF mango and the flowery taste overpowered everything. I guess I'll have to try it by the drop(s) and see if that does anything. I was thinking 1% IS low but perhaps not. This is why I was (am) looking for a chart showing what percentage to use of the various brands.

I have Cappella, Flavor Art, The Flavor Apprentice, Lorann, Medicine Flower, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor West, Flavorah... currently

I only have 35 flavors, 4 of the ones I just got are repeats of what I already had and used up. I was getting only the smallest size available but just started getting 30 ml bottles as I've learned I can burn through a 10ml bottle pretty quick just experimenting.

View attachment 128294

Going by someone's elses chart means you are going by what they taste.
This is why I said.. go by what you taste. Start low, .12% - .2% which is like 1-2 drops in 10ml bottles.

I just created a post on elr to help others out as well, hopefully this will help you too

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/how-to-test-flavors-as-solos-for-better-recipe-creation/

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on your mixing! I'm still a newbie on mixing so I won't touch on that. Experts will chime in on this...

Rather concerned about your batteries. Please contact the company if you cannot check for authenticity. The information is really supposed to be there for not only checking that but also for safety purposes. You must know your battery. Did you check them on a meter? I never would trust a battery that was improperly labeled.

He said he got them from Illumn.com - one of only three highly trusted vendors for selling authentic, fresh batteries - it would be stunning news and send huge shock waves through the vaping community (not just on VU) if it was found they were selling anything less. He is very good to go on that :)

He mentioned it because he earlier bought discount batteries on eBay that were found to be not fresh but he is reporting that they have functioned well

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He said he got them from Illumn.com - one of only three highly trusted vendors for selling authentic, fresh batteries - it would be stunning news and send huge shock waves through the vaping community (not just on VU) if it was found they were selling anything less. He is very good to go on that :)

He mentioned it because he earlier bought discount batteries on eBay that were found to be not fresh but he is reporting that they have functioned well

I saw that as well. Used to use the same company in my former line of work for many of their products, flashlights etc. I still buy from them as well. It would be a shocker. All of my batteries are wrapped and inked fine from them. Kinda concerned me though. It would shake many up, totally agree with you! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, the guy is a mango nut. He has an insane amount of mango flavors. I think he's gone out of his way to try every mango flavor know to the world lol. I remember he loved SC Mango too but fresh. After a few days it settled and he was pissed. "I think I've found it!" lol
Lol! Yeah, he still gets twitted about that one. He is in a one man mission to find the perfect mango.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
many flavorings taste chemical or flowery to a few of us no matter the concentrations.
I personally have problems with perhaps 90% of the flavorings out there.

And ingredients in many flavorings can cause me severe oral, throat and lung irritation after 1 day of vaping.
And no it is not red hots or anything like that. Just Inawera Fruity stuff for one.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors