Become a Patron!

Brand New TFV8 AirFlow Leak

Hey guys,

I bought a Smok Procolor 225W kit last week and just received all the goodies in the mail. I have primed the first pre-installed coil and then filled the tank, followed by putting the chimney back on. I have closed the air vents all the while, given it a few NON-RUNNING puffs just to run some air through, for vaccum. (I'm not sure if that's how it works). I sat it down for 5 minutes, and then turned it all on... Selected my mode and put it to 40 watts and started to vape.

Everything went well and I got about 5-6 vapes, but when opening the airflow, it just dripped out liquid. So I screwed around with that coil trying to find the leak in the o-rings and seals ect. Ended up screwing it up, so swapped coils to the 4 coil setup that came with it included. Rinse and repeated after cleaning the bottom airflow area with water and drying. Same thing after 3-4 hits. Leak in the Airflow.

Can anyone give me a REALLY short to the point answer for this? My juice is KILO Black Honey Creme (pick something else soon. Cause its not my favourite already, but its 70 VG 20 PG if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
Mitch(Merc)

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you over primed the coils? Probably not this..
How many drops you put in and what coil you using?
Check to make sure you got all the Orings back in also..

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Most often, air flow leaks are (A) airflow open during top filling (B) the coil, atomizer components are not installed correctly (mis matched threads) (C) twisted or broken O rings.

Racer5w

Member For 1 Year
Sometimes, the coils will have the bottom metal piece on it crooked and wont seal right....its usually because the little wires from the coils arent positioned properly between the rubber grommet and the bottom tip of the coil that contacts the 510 pin, if that makes sense. I sometimes have to pop it out, pull the rubber grommet off and make sure its installed right.

Mine leaked right out of the box also and this was the issue, but was easy to fix. Sometimes its simply that you've overprimed the coil....best way to fix that is open the airflow, wrap paper towel over the airflow holes and blow hard thru the tank, that will push excess juice out the airflow. Sometimes have to blow thru it a few times. I no longer prime them, i just install it all, and fill up then wait a hour or 2 or overnight before trying to use it, and that works best.

Another tip with smok coils is when they start tasting burnt, you can soak them in rubbing alcohol overnight, clean the inside surface of the coil off with Qtips, then rinse out with water good until you can no longer smell alcohol, then sit them up to dry for a couple days....then you can reuse the coils and get a couple more days out of them before replacing. I figured this out when the local vape shop closed for several days due to family problems and i wasnt able to buy any new coils for a few days.

Like the guy above said. It’s most likely the bottom part of the coil. SMOK has some weak quality control on the their coils. You have to get a pair of precise wire cutters and snip the first wire end flush with the rubber grummet after you take out the little metal cap and then take out the grommet and snip the smaller wire to be flush with the coil wall. Put back the grommet with one wire end on each side how it was and then put the little cap back on. If you notice the little cap has 2 very minor cut off trims. Line one up with the pin and insert it and give it a little slight twist so it creates pressure without having the wire on the trim edge of the cap if I can make myself understandable. Worked flawless when I had my SMOK Stick V8 with the TFV8 Big Baby Beast! No more leaks.

VU Sponsors