Become a Patron!

BPMods Tomahawk SBS+Squonker Review By Ben28

BPMods Tomahawk
dasdasdas.png
BPMods recently released the Tomahawk, an SBS (side by side) device and also a squonker. If you have read my last review, the Warhammer one, this device is somewhat similar to the other, especially in electronics and operation.

Let's start the review but not before thanking Sourcemore for making this review possible. You can visit their page and learn more information about the BPMods Tomahawk.

Packaging

ReLens_IMG_20240409232158.jpg
The box is orange, quite striking, as BPMods boxes usually are. We have a small slider in which we are shown the name of the product and its functions, both SBS and Squonker. I really love the striking design of these boxes and the thoughtful illustrations they contain.

ReLens_IMG_20240409232210.jpg

On the back of the box we find the model name again, accompanied by a drawing of the squonkin bottle and the device itself. In addition, we are shown the contents of the box, we are given warnings about vaping and a scratch to verify the veracity of the product.

In the box
1* Tomahawk SBS Mod
1* Squonk Bottle
2*User Manual
1* Accessories Pack

ReLens_IMG_20240409232229.jpg

In this pamphlet we are given a lot of information about the compatibility of the mod, since obviously not everything is compatible here.

With the mod in SBS mode we can use;
RTAS with a diameter less than or equal to 24mm and a height greater than or equal to 33mm

With the mod in squonker mode we can use;
RDAS with a diameter less than or equal to 24mm

Anything that does not fit these characteristics will not be compatible with the mod. In my case, it will be used with an RDA+Squonker.

ReLens_IMG_20240409232243.jpg

When we open the box and remove the pamphlets, we are left with the device itself nested in a custom-made pad. Right next to it we find a box that tells us that it is the accessory pack. In it you will find the extra squonker bottle, a battery case that inserts into the device itself and some screws and O-rings.

Device Inspection

ReLens_IMG_20240409232302.jpg

When we look at the product in the photo we can appreciate at first glance the quality of its materials. Practically everything is made of some metal, there is not a hint of plastic here.

The product has a rectangular shape practically divided into two parts;

On the left side we find the squonking bottle, it is protected with a metal sliding area. Then we will talk about it in depth.

In the center we find the three buttons, these have the best button feel that I have tried to date. They are very quiet and comfortable.

Let's talk about functions;
- 5 Clicks to turn it on/off.
- 3 Clicks to enter settings mode. Here we will be allowed to choose between POWER, SYSTEM (to change basic settings), TEMP AND BYPASS.
- We will press the power up and down button at the same time to block them.

With the buttons we can raise/lower the power in intervals of 0.1W up to a maximum of 60W, so it is very precise.

Let's talk now about the modes;
- POWER, this is the classic wattage mode.
- TEMP, will give us the option to choose according to our resistances between NI, TI, SS, NIFE48 or NIFE30.
- BYPASS, the mod will try to imitate a mechanic but with electronics involved.

From SYSTEM mode we can adjust;
- BOOST, we can make the mod a little more power at the beginning of the puff to heat up the resistances sooner.
- SLEEP, will adjust the amount of time that you have to pass for the mod to turn off.
- BRIGHT, we will adjust the screen mode like this.

ReLens_IMG_20240409232423.jpg

On one of the sides we find the screen of the product, practically the same as in the Warhammer, since they use the same electronics and screen.

We will find in it;
-Voltage.
- Ω indicator.
- Power indicator (depending on the mode, in this case Watts).
- Mode indicator (in this case VW).
- Battery indicator (without percentage).

The only thing I miss, like the other product, is a puff counter, which for me is very useful.

ReLens_IMG_20240409232436.jpg

In the upper area we find, on one side, the 510 thread of the atomizer, whether we use the SBS or the squonker.

On the other side we find the battery cover, which in this case is threaded. We must be careful, because it has two different faces. One of them has a protuberance that is what will make contact with the battery, so it will go downwards, towards the battery. The flat area will go towards us, upwards.
The only thing I don't understand is why it is completely open. Cleaning the resistors to rewick a hot debris and punctured the wrap a little, so I had to change the battery wrap immediately. Otherwise it is very good and the batteries fit, I recommend putting the protector/case that is included to give extra protection

ReLens_IMG_20240409232454.jpg

In the area below we find this metal cover. I point it out in the review because I love the detail of having the ``Tomahawk'' engraved here.

It is also attached with two screws so we can disassemble it if we want to clean it thoroughly or if there is a problem that we can fix ourselves (I recommend using the warranty whenever possible).

ReLens_IMG_20240409232600.jpg

The squonker bottle comes encapsulated in a metal skeleton. Below it is held with two screws, as well as above. In addition, the silicone lid is also attached with a screw.

I feel that this bottle could use a little more hardness, I find it very soft compared to the Pulse III for example.

I have also noticed that sometimes the screws come loose a little, especially the ones at the top when having to remove the atomizer to refill. This causes some leaks due to the small spaces left in the air. I recommend checking them and tightening them whenever possible.

The refilling system is very simple but it is somewhat heavy, since we must first remove the atomizer and then refill through the small hole that is revealed when opening the silicone lid.

Vaping Time
In this section, apart from talking about the sensation in vaping, I will also talk about the sensations in hand, practicality, performance...

In terms of sensations in hand, this device is crazy. Just by holding it in hand you can see the quality of the construction materials. A structure completely made of metal, made to resist and yes, I warn you that it weighs quite a bit with a battery included as well. To this section we will add the buttons, which are of extremely high quality. The only thing that worries me is the paint, I don't know if it will peel off over time.

Let's talk about practicality. This device is very practical, especially if it is used in squonker mode or with a high-capacity RTA. We can have our RDA and the bottle filled completely, which will give us plenty of vaping time. What does this section counteract? The filling system. Sometimes it becomes very difficult to have to unscrew the atomizer, refill and screw it back on.

What can we say about the performance, it is practically the same as its little brother Warhammer. It heats the coils very well and quickly, especially with the boost mode, and handles the batteries excellently.

In short, I loved this mod but in my opinion, it lacks some things to polish. Taking into account its high price, I don't think it is normal for the squonk bottle to leak or for the screws to untighten quickly. For the rest, it is a good mod, whether or not it deserves the price is up to you.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
SBS And Squonk
Squonk Bottle Quality
Exceptional Materials And Construction
No Puff Counter
Very Good Performance
Various Modes
Customizable Vaping Experience

Conclusion
The Tomahawk is a very well built mod with incredible materials, but the squonk bottle, in my opinion, leaves something to be desired in terms of quality. Otherwise it is a very good mod and quite versatile, we just have to be careful with the measurements of our atomizers. In terms of battery management, performance and options, it is a really great mod.

VU Sponsors