Become a Patron!

box or mech?

what do you guys think would be better to start tinkering with with my first builds a box or mech mod? and a good easy to work on rda?

Call me ambitious if you want, but I jumped straight into a box with authentic rda.

2015 Tesla wood box 120w
Mutation XV4 RDA

the box has TC and recognized a short when I put the wattage up high, and it didn't fire. Pretty awesome safety feature potentially saved my eyebrows this morning.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get a box mech like a Castigator, or a Mosfet box like a Tesla Invader II. A Steamboat V2 RDA (1:1 clone of the Tugboat) is a good place to start.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Building gives you control over one of the power variables. A vv/vw device gives you control over the other power variable. Something like a Sigelei 150w would give you a wide range of options. It fires down to .1 ohms and has a high power limit. It's one of the best 'do it all mods' out. Of course I love my tube mech.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The new IPV4 rocks 100w and has a nice temp control feature.

When it comes to an RDA it depends on if you are looking for max flavor, max vapor, or both. I will say that the mutation x v4 rocks all 3 depending on how you set it up. Plus it's a high quality piece for a good price.

VU Sponsors