Become a Patron!

BOREAS DRY HITS?? :(

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howdy Vaperinos!

I just got my Boreas RTA in the mail.. and it is a ripper! More than happy!

Whereas leaking is an issue for some... i am not having an issue.. but where i am is dry hits..

I am running 2x9 wrap 26g kanthal (0.58ohms) on it at the moment at 30-40w.. i am using koh gen do cotton pads.. when i am about to wick... i pull the outer cotton off the pad and wick with fluffier inner cotton.. if you follow..

People are telling me about the ultra high speed the juice floods the wicks but i am getting constant dry hits... and they are fucking burning my throat... making my eyes water!!

Anybody know where or what may resolve my issue?? Any replies are greatly appreciative.. Please help!
Thank you :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy Vaperinos!

I just got my Boreas RTA in the mail.. and it is a ripper! More than happy!

Whereas leaking is an issue for some... i am not having an issue.. but where i am is dry hits..

I am running 2x9 wrap 26g kanthal (0.58ohms) on it at the moment at 30-40w.. i am using koh gen do cotton pads.. when i am about to wick... i pull the outer cotton off the pad and wick with fluffier inner cotton.. if you follow..

People are telling me about the ultra high speed the juice floods the wicks but i am getting constant dry hits... and they are fucking burning my throat... making my eyes water!!

Anybody know where or what may resolve my issue?? Any replies are greatly appreciative.. Please help!
Thank you :)
Coil diameter?
Any pics?
Which deck are u using?

VAPE ON

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape high VG juice, and if I don't thin my rayon I'll get dry hits. Easy to avoid, though, with trimming the wicking so it's not so thick. This is the only tank I have that gives me a perfect vape with no leaks or dry hits every rewick!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I answered your PM to ask you some questions. We will get it figured out. In the meantime since I'm bogged down with the Merlin contest, check my wicking tutorial on page 1 of the Boreas thread, about halfway down the page.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sat up my boreas and it was awesome for the first few hours of vaping then i started to get dry hits as well. I talked with roxy and made sure my cotton was not sticking through the feed holes. I was still getting some dry hits so i sat down pulled my wick ends out and laid them back on the deck and its been perfect since then.

May seem odd but i think my wick setteled a little after a tank and just had to be adjusted.
Its been a few days since re setting the ends of my wick and zero dry hits. Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors