Become a Patron!

BLOWOUT PRICING! - China 18650 7-30W Box Mods - Just $43.90!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
FYI Focal really does have a quality control process and they will return any defective item sent to them by the manufacturer.

The same thing happened to me when the very first batch came in and it was flawed. A short while later, the second batch arrived, passed QC and it was shipped. About two weeks later is was in my mailbox.

And I am using it as I write this with a Kayfun Lite + sitting on top of it with a 1.9 ohm coil and I am cheerfully vaping Galaxy from BEJ :D

Be patient, the wait is worth it.;)

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are having to send some back that is not a good sign either. Do you trust your supplier? If not I would look for another one for future mods. That is what we get for trying to save a few bucks. I should have just paid 69.00 from a US supplier. I would already have it and not have to hear any excuses. I should know better by now.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I think this one of the most popular deals threads on the forum.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Popular yes but may be a long delay for some. May also have alot of unhappy vapers.on the wait. I guess we will see.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you are having to send some back that is not a good sign either. Do you trust your supplier? If not I would look for another one for future mods. That is what we get for trying to save a few bucks. I should have just paid 69.00 from a US supplier. I would already have it and not have to hear any excuses. I should know better by now.

Near as I can tell, there are at LEAST 3 different manufactures in China making these mods. Including the ones from the US suppliers.

They all come from China no matter where you purchase from or where they are shipped from.

You can still order the original from Hanna but you are not going to get it in the $40 to $70 dollar price range for certain sure!

Me, I kinda feel good that they are rejecting problematic products rather than saying "Good Enough" and shipping them out anyway.

Many suppliers in the vaping world have a mentality of "you pay your money and you take your chances".

And DOA warranty only. And if it blows up three weeks after you get it, sorry dude, would you like to order a replacement?

But in the end, we all pays our money and takes our chances.

All I can tell you is that I got something that I have been using for quite awhile now.

And I sincerely hope you find your dream mod:D

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the perils of a group buy.
I would much rather have a vendor (middle man) doing a quality check before it reaches the buyer, than having a problem and then having to deal with a manufacturer.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not just the perils of group buy, but buying from China, if you want something quick, then don't order from China, if want to save a lot of money and can wait, then by all means order away, I do often, as the saving out way the wait time ;)

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess the good in all of this even after the wait is that if it is not as advertised then paypal usually will become the middle man and if you can prove it was not as advertised they may side with you.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update: Mine has processed through customs in Chicago (9/7). It's usually 4 more days to my door. So, Thursday - Friday....
Then I'll be vapin' like an Unc!!!

L

Lighty269

Must be nice mine is still in processing

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lighty, what day did you order yours? Mine was 8/31.
Just for comparison, I ordered juice from Yaeliq (Israel) the same day. It will be here today. Of course, the juice is pre-made so they can just stick it in a box and ship it out.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Must have gotten mine out just as they ran out of that batch.
Sorry, my friend. I'm usually on the short end of the stick as well. Guess I caught a break this time. Hope that doesn't mean I won't even get the stick the next few orders. :eek:

L

Lighty269

This seems like a pre order

L

Lighty269

I paid for the extra tracking so maybe it won't take as long

Last edited by a moderator:

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine just showed up today! :) (California) Sitting here charging up with an efast 3100 mAh in it. It came like Uncle's did, has a plastic covering with warranty stickers at the top and bottom thats over the electronics. Love those nice, clear OLED screens, very easy to read. I like that the battery progressively fills in, both showing it's still charging, but also giving the suggestion of how far along it is with the charging.

Bad news is, had a fever the past few days, so now I'm in the coughing stage, don't think I'll be testing it out for a day or two. o_O

L

Lighty269

The deal is still going on, getting the product is a different story.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shows expired but you can hit buy and it will still add it to your paypal cart. So it still works.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We relaunching this group buy as some customers wished to purchase more and some customers missed it.
As this is in group buy, we won't disclose any further shipping day because quantity is different in every batch.
Some have received it and posted feedback on ECF FYI.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Received mine today. Fit and finish on the outside is very nice. Charge port seems solid. Inside is clean, battery compartment is sturdy.
All buttons and features work as they should. Performance is great.
Worth the wait. (Mine was only 13 days from order. Your mileage may vary.)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still lovin' my new box.
Seems to produce a more constant and consistent power. Vape is stronger and bolder, but not harsh. I've tried drippers, bottom coils, an aqua, top coil with bottom tank rtas, they all seem to produce better, in all regards, on the dna box.
100_1241a.JPG

L

Lighty269

Still lovin' my new box.
Seems to produce a more constant and consistent power. Vape is stronger and bolder, but not harsh. I've tried drippers, bottom coils, an aqua, top coil with bottom tank rtas, they all seem to produce better, in all regards, on the dna box.
View attachment 5620

Good to hear! Looking forward to receiving mine.

Rub it in some more :)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Word of warning... be sure you have plenty of juice. It seems to go through it a lot quicker. Can't have everything.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What power have you been using it at? And what does the battery life seem like in it since you've had it?

Getting tempted to get one myself, even though all I own is 16 mechs :)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've used mostly around 12-15 watts, coils 1.2-1.7 ohms. Tobaccos and chocolate juices, kinda their sweet spot for me.
I've been using older efest batteries (2000/2100 mah). Been changing out once or twice per day, using other mods occasionally. Have purple Efest on the way, curious as to the difference.
You get the kind of power you get with a mech at lower ohms without the steady voltage drop. I'm a believer. My dozen or so mechs are gonna feel a little neglected for a while.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what it's called, was given to me. I sure like it. It is a great drip quality vape, holds 4-5 ml.
If someone knows what it is, let me know.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what it's called, was given to me. I sure like it. It is a great drip quality vape, holds 4-5 ml.
If someone knows what it is, let me know.

Looks like the smoktech rebuilable vivi tank -

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's similar but not quite it. I'll get some more pics of it so folks can see.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This rba is very similar to the UD AGI. Which is a tank I really don't know why isn't anymore popular than it is. I have 2 AGIs and use them daily. Closest thing to dripping, because the top section is a dripper.
In second pic, I pulled the wick back to show the air tube. It gets its air from the 510 connection. I drilled a 5/64 air hole in the top cap. Vapor production quadrupled.

100_1244a.JPG 100_1245a.JPG 100_1250a.JPG
1.7 coil, organic cotton, @ 12watts on Hana clone.

Last edited:

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not much to show. The electronics are covered and have two tamper seals. I want to see the guts too but not going to remove cover for a bit in case something happens.

L

Lighty269

For those of you who have received your units, how long does it sit in Chicago?

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From the time it got to Chicago, it was four days to my house. (Oklahoma)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will hit the $30 mark for sure.. I'm patient!!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine just showed up today along with 2 Aspire Nautilus Mini's. :)

Can anyone suggest what magnets I can use to hold on the back?
And............... What ya' think?

L

Lighty269

I like it! I have been use to the Silver Bullet and a couple of other Mechanical mods. I have not found my sweet spot yet, I burned up a couple of coils as well.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine just showed up today along with 2 Aspire Nautilus Mini's. :)

Can anyone suggest what magnets I can use to hold on the back?
Yeah, would like to either put in magnets, or I'm just as fine with some kind of knurled thumb screws, but it's going to be hard in that size. I don't mind if they stick out on that side, there's plenty of other sides for the box to sit on.

VU Sponsors