Become a Patron!

Blood orange FW

dannydestroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received a large order from bull city. One flavor was blood orange from flavor west. It appears slightly oily and separated. I know not to vape oils and have many flavors from flavorart, tfa, Capella etc. I've never gotten anything bad from bull city. When shaken the bottle mixes to a cloudy yellow. I have read good reviews on this flavor, but just wanted to see if anyone else has this and knows if this is normal. Thanks

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Many of the FW citrus flavors have that kind of separation, FA lime cold pressed also can separate. I'd asked Flavor West about it and they said it was normal due to the natural ingredients but it's water soluble and not oil, however you do need to shake it well before use.

dannydestroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply. I actually got FA lime cold pressed with that order and it does something similar but not as noticeable. I figured that was the case. I appreciate the info. Soon I'll see how it does in a mix.

TRIPDUBZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a similar issue with a german flavors concentrate (orange juice) and was worried about lipid content. The most likely culprit is triacetin - use sparingly!

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had flavorings that have gone cloudy, usually because I haven't shake or used them in a while.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
seems like one rule to rule them all -- SHAKE !

each and everytime ..every bottle .. can't hurt lol

I just had the same problem with blood orange. I mixed it up with vienna cream, fresh cream and VBIC. I shook it up, turned cloudy yellow, let it sit overnight, and it was separated again this morning. I'm going to try FA mandarin next. Seems like people really like that flavor.

VU Sponsors