Become a Patron!

Blitz Hannya RTA build advice

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only, a month or so ago I moved from factory coil devices some with RBA sections to rebuildables. Didn't have much trouble with the RDA's, kind of hard to wick one wrong as long as the wick fits the coils. Most of my RTA's we're vapable first time around and leak free/ chain hitable by the next.
The Hannya RTA has been a different story first two or three attempts leaked like a sieve. I even tried splitting the tails as well as packing extra cotton along the slots that weren't well covered.
After putting it aside for a few weeks i decided to try to work it out. Any advice or details on a tried and true method would be appreciated.

I finally found a method on Y-tube that seems ok so far.
Basically he (VT vap3guy) twisted the coils so that they were nearly in line with the juice slots (rather than straight with the postless holes which leaves the coils about 30-45 degrees out of line) then it can be wicked similar to a 3 post with one end of the wicks longer than the other. A couple hours after putting just enough juice in it to wet the wicks and make sure it wasn't going to pour juice, I filled it up and was able to get a decent vape (about a average drippers worth) off of it. Hopefully it won't leak in the rack tonight and still hits (not flooded) in the morning. Still I feel like there must be a better way to get this one working well.

Edit: tank didn't leak out over night but coils are consistently flooded unless i crank it up above 60W and chain vape the hell outta it. But then the juice is constantly steaming and cooking. Guess I am going to try to cover the off end wick holes a bit tighter and go with some lower watt 24 or 26 ga straight spaced coils and try

Is there no one who has this one down and actually using it. It obviously not very build friendly but surely a small range of coil size/types and at least one style of wicking give solid performance? Not sure what I am not getting right with this one, but I can't slow down the juice flow enough to prevent flooding. Feel like using some silver solder or micro welder to close down part of the off side juice slots and maybe the holes overhead or just toss the thing back into the bottom drawer to collect dust

Last edited:

VU Sponsors