Become a Patron!

Black Seed Oil: Benefits, where to find it, and how to use it

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...and the good part is it's expensive too.for once I'd like to see one of these wonder herbs that was dirt cheap.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me too, it sucks doesn't it, but I do it anyway to fight this horrible disease I have
I suppose or at least I operate on the assumption taking them is cheaper and will give me longer and better quality of life than the witches brew of crap the Drug companies offer me as "cures"....but alot of the time it seems that alternative medicine is as unscrupulous as Bayer.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
alot of the time it seems that alternative medicine is as unscrupulous as Bayer.

This is true - that's we all do our own research, which I know you do

Black see oil has become a must have in my arsenal - I use it internally and externally

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I suppose or at least I operate on the assumption taking them is cheaper and will give me longer and better quality of life than the witches brew of crap the Drug companies offer me as "cures"....but alot of the time it seems that alternative medicine is as unscrupulous as Bayer.
The main difference is that Big Pharma poisons offer no cures they just treat the symptoms where alternative medicine actually offers "cures"

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bottle of that, bought it off Amazon for the husband but good Lord, the odor! One tablespoon and the aroma lingers in the house for a week. But if I thought it would replace the torturous medicine they've given me for my recently diagnosed high blood pressure, I'd surely risk smelling like an Italian eatery to keep from staying confused, angry, weepy, and waiting to die every day. It's awful.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a bottle of that, bought it off Amazon for the husband but good Lord, the odor! One tablespoon and the aroma lingers in the house for a week. But if I thought it would replace the torturous medicine they've given me for my recently diagnosed high blood pressure, I'd surely risk smelling like an Italian eatery to keep from staying confused, angry, weepy, and waiting to die every day. It's awful.
Is it working for you and your hubby Teresa?
I use to have high blood pressure 194/ can't remember the bottom number, use to take big pharma poisons, but my diet and life style have brought it down to 117/78 which I am very happy about:), also lost 110 pounds

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it working for you and your hubby Teresa?
I use to have high blood pressure 194/ can't remember the bottom number, use to take big pharma poisons, but my diet and life style have brought it down to 117/78 which I am very happy about:), also lost 110 pounds
I originally bought it on the advice of his boss to help with his asthma, but he couldn't stand the smell. The majority of the bottle is in our pantry unused. I would definitely sacrifice wearing the smell if it would help the blood pressure issue. When I was diagnosed at the end of November, I was actually on my way to work and had been experiencing pressure in my chest for a few days. I blamed it on all the packing and box moving I'd been doing because we were getting ready to move. The hubs wasn't much help as he was recovering from hernia surgery, so I was working triple time trying to get everything ready. But on that morning drive to work, I felt it spread into my neck and up into my ears. Thinking I may be having a heart attack, I bypassed work and drove another mile down the road to the ER. Not a heart attack, but my BP was 252/176. Impressive, eh? Six hours and a few medications and a ton of baby aspirin later, it went down to 170/90 and they sent me home with a scrip for lisinopril at 40mg daily. I hate it. It keeps me in a confused fog, I cry at the drop of a hat (and I am not a weeper), I'm rude and anti-social, and every tiny ache or pain has me convinced I'm dying. I won't live like this, that's why I'm hoping my new doctor changes it when I see him for labs on the 27th of this month. But if that bottle of uber stank in the pantry will help that, I'll put a nipple on the top and guzzle it daily.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I originally bought it on the advice of his boss to help with his asthma, but he couldn't stand the smell. The majority of the bottle is in our pantry unused. I would definitely sacrifice wearing the smell if it would help the blood pressure issue. When I was diagnosed at the end of November, I was actually on my way to work and had been experiencing pressure in my chest for a few days. I blamed it on all the packing and box moving I'd been doing because we were getting ready to move. The hubs wasn't much help as he was recovering from hernia surgery, so I was working triple time trying to get everything ready. But on that morning drive to work, I felt it spread into my neck and up into my ears. Thinking I may be having a heart attack, I bypassed work and drove another mile down the road to the ER. Not a heart attack, but my BP was 252/176. Impressive, eh? Six hours and a few medications and a ton of baby aspirin later, it went down to 170/90 and they sent me home with a scrip for lisinopril at 40mg daily. I hate it. It keeps me in a confused fog, I cry at the drop of a hat (and I am not a weeper), I'm rude and anti-social, and every tiny ache or pain has me convinced I'm dying. I won't live like this, that's why I'm hoping my new doctor changes it when I see him for labs on the 27th of this month. But if that bottle of uber stank in the pantry will help that, I'll put a nipple on the top and guzzle it daily.

Deva Vegan Black Cumin Seed Oil 90 Ve... ★★★★★★★★★★. This is the best price I know of for capsules

I doubt taking black see oil in and of itself will lower your blood pressure - to do that naturally typically takes some serious dietary changes

Some can embrace it, others not so much

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lisinopril is what they gave me and I too had adverse effects from it. When questioning my (at that time doctor) he assured me that I had to take it or some other poison, so I became my own doctor (because I was getting tired of being poisoned by doctors for years) (I don't advise anyone to do this without doing extensive research first). Having late stage 4 cancer I had to change my diet and life style which in turn cured my BP problem, my cholesterol problem, my gout problem and made me feel like a new person. My diet and lifestyle changes has also shrank some of my tumors by 30% at last scans. It was well worth giving up the goodies to feel so much better. You should be also taking curcumin and raw garlic to lower your BP also and sorry but cooked garlic wont do as the cooking, even dehydrating destroys what you need from the garlic.

Deva Vegan Black Cumin Seed Oil 90 Ve... ★★★★★★★★★★. This is the best price I know of for capsules

I doubt taking black see oil in and of itself will lower your blood pressure - to do that naturally typically takes some serious dietary changes

Some can embrace it, others not so much
I agree with Lucy it takes serious dietary changes. Sure the big pharma poisons will lower your BP but aren't you just treating the symptoms instead of going for the cure which is "change of diet". Doctors are trained to support big pharma, that's who controls the medical schools and that is why they know so little about natures "cures" that DO cure.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
............and what is wrong with smelling like an Italian eatery?..I find that highly erotic......... nothing so becomes a woman like the coyish scent of garlic and parmessan......

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've definitely been watching the sodium, which is something I never really paid attention to in the past. But I'm positive I know where the problem lies. I love healthy food, always have. Veggies, fruits, leafy greens, good meats...love cooking and at one time grew most of the herbs I used myself. Then came Chris, aka love o' my life, the hubs. How he's survived 44 years eating like a 5 year old, I'll never know. He hates fruit of any kind and the only vegetables he'll touch are baked beans, pinto beans and French fries. Loves his processed foods and anything covered in cheese. I got lazy these past 7 years since we got married, so instead of preparing two separate meals per our individual tastes, I just fell into eating a lot of the same things he does. It's not killing him yet (that we know of), but it's certainly done a number on me.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've definitely been watching the sodium, which is something I never really paid attention to in the past. But I'm positive I know where the problem lies. I love healthy food, always have. Veggies, fruits, leafy greens, good meats...love cooking and at one time grew most of the herbs I used myself. Then came Chris, aka love o' my life, the hubs. How he's survived 44 years eating like a 5 year old, I'll never know. He hates fruit of any kind and the only vegetables he'll touch are baked beans, pinto beans and French fries. Loves his processed foods and anything covered in cheese. I got lazy these past 7 years since we got married, so instead of preparing two separate meals per our individual tastes, I just fell into eating a lot of the same things he does. It's not killing him yet (that we know of), but it's certainly done a number on me.

I had the same problem with Mr Juicy - except he loves to grocery shop and cook

However, he has had four strokes (one was really bad) and I don't know how much longer he has, as he makes stabs at eating better immediately after shit goes wrong, then falls back into the same habits

Even if I cook for him, he'll go and add a bunch of cheese whiz or something ridiculous and nasty to cancel out any health benefits

I feel for you big time :hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What kind of salt do you use Teresa? If it's just the plain white salt it is so over processed and full of processing chemicals, with sea salt you get micro particles of plastic plus the oceans aren't very clean anymore, so the best choice is Himalayan Pink salt has 80 some minerals and nutrients. That sounds like my old diet, I ate terrible, and it caused me to get sick, you sure don't want to go down that road hand in hand.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do prefer the Himalayan pink salt if I'm going to use any. I like regular sea salt as well, and seldom, if ever, use regular table salt. There's a salt substitute I started using a few years ago, simply because I like the taste, called NuSalt. But I suspect it shouldn't be used while taking BP meds because of its potassium content.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you haven't already get a BP machine and take often and keep a log.
You may be able to drop your Lisinopryl doseage. Talk to yer doc about it.
I took 20 MG lisinopryl for a couple of years when 30 lbs or more overweight.
Had no mental effect on me at all. However one must have a mind for it to be affected? Have not taken in years now.
BP is fine.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if people don't have an open mind to experiment with food , and different cusines it is almost impossible to get them to change their diets. I have a friend that won't let garlic into his house and the only vegetable he eats is green chili and bell peppers.there are so many different cuisines in the world that if someone is open to trying them, they can find healthy food that they like...Personally I think Western vegitarian cooking was devised by masochistic lunatics who have the pallete of a horses ass....but I could easily live the rest of my life eating only Indian vegitarian cooking.the Meditaerain cusine of Italy, greece, Turkey, and the surrounds is very healthy and delicous as well....the trick is to get people to just try something they have never tried before, if you can do that they will find something they like

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the trick is to get people to just try something they have never tried before
That's not just a trick at our house, it's a miracle. He says it's a "texture issue" with him and most foods. I don't understand that. He's probably the only man I've ever met who doesn't like mashed potatoes (a former landlord labeled him a communist for that reason :giggle: ), and that greatly behooves me because quite frankly, I make the best mashed potatoes this side of the Mississippi. :D ..Regardless, and inconvenience be damned, I'm just gonna have to get back to eating what I prefer, not what's easiest after a hard day's work. I know there's a way to handle this besides popping a toxic little pill.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you haven't already get a BP machine
I did invest in one of those but have stopped using it often. I know it's probably the effects of the evil meds, but every time I checked it and it was unusually high, I'd all but go into panic mode, thinking every ache, pain, or twinge was undoubtedly a heart attack about to happen and would freak out, hence making the numbers that much higher. I found it's a whole lot like buying a set of scales and going on a diet, getting upset when you get on the scales fifty times a day and still haven't lost any weight. I'm checking it morning, mid-day, and night and writing that down for the doctor, plus little notes regarding the circumstances of each reading, like what my activity level was for this or that reading, whether or not I'd recently taken the medicine or had my beet juice or bananas, etc. And it occurs to me that I'm blindly trusting the machine to be accurate. I'll be taking it with me to my next visit to check for accuracy. ;)

@Jimi, I seem to have jacked your thread, many sorries, but I do appreciate some of the info here and am definitely listening... :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I did invest in one of those but have stopped using it often. I know it's probably the effects of the evil meds, but every time I checked it and it was unusually high, I'd all but go into panic mode, thinking every ache, pain, or twinge was undoubtedly a heart attack about to happen and would freak out, hence making the numbers that much higher. I found it's a whole lot like buying a set of scales and going on a diet, getting upset when you get on the scales fifty times a day and still haven't lost any weight. I'm checking it morning, mid-day, and night and writing that down for the doctor, plus little notes regarding the circumstances of each reading, like what my activity level was for this or that reading, whether or not I'd recently taken the medicine or had my beet juice or bananas, etc. And it occurs to me that I'm blindly trusting the machine to be accurate. I'll be taking it with me to my next visit to check for accuracy. ;)

@Jimi, I seem to have jacked your thread, many sorries, but I do appreciate some of the info here and am definitely listening... :)

Jimi posts these to help people so this fits perfectly

Suggestion: also make a note about these emotional/mood swing problems that have/are occurring when you record your BP

When Mr Juicy was first put on BP meds they had to switch them up for quite a bit before they got it where he was not so unhappy with the side effects

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Teresa, that's perfectly alright, like Lucy said I post these to help people, I will watch for articles on BP and when I post them I will tag you if that's ok. All of these articles are for people to read and come to their own conclusions, I just like them to see the side that, thanks to big pharma and their money, most people never see. In my opinion everyone should make as informed of a decision as they can when it comes to their health

VU Sponsors