Become a Patron!

Black Cthulhu V2 Review

I received the Black Cthulhu V2 in the mail today and cleaned her up. It wasn't dirty in any way, but I noticed a tiny bit of black flecks in some of the pieces (hence why I even mentioned the black color in the post). This is easily washed away with just water. Other than that, it was pretty much clean. A lot of other reviews have said the following: the juice flow control is hard to work, the top fill is hard to start twisting, and the airflow ring is really loose. MINE does not have these problems at all!

The juice flow control is easy to grip and turn in my opinion even when on a device. Also, the top fill cap is able to be tightened down WITH the o-ring still on and be twisted off without twisting off the tank. Something that people don't mention is that the top fill cap has two edges where the threading is shaved down. This is to allow air to escape when screwing it down so you don't flood your tank (which works well). Unfortunately, due to the black color and my best camera being an iphone, I cannot show you explicitly, but it's similar to how the threading is removed from two sides of a large thermos bottle so you can pour liquid through one side and air enters the other without completely unscrewing the cap. The airflow ring is not hard to turn, but it isn't just on there, and it is not able to free-spin. I'm sure it would hold it's position if it was even vibrated somehow for a while.

The pieces, while many, are well machined and easy to put on and take off. The single coil deck is nothing special (personally I didn't bother with it but i did try switching decks and it is very easy). The velocity deck is able to allow almost (if not all) the available airflow through the device. With a continuous slow draw while adjusting the airflow, I feel a gradual change in air resistance throughout the range of the airflow ring's positions, meaning there are minimal to no choke points within the device besides the airflow ring itself. If for some reason you want a quad coil build with 22 ga in the velocity deck, the holes are just big enough to fit them in with a little bit of patience. While the OBS Crius is very similar to this, I see this product as superior for a couple reasons: The deck can be switched out for a single coil deck AND the new upcoming tri-VERTICAL-coil deck, the capacity is slightly larger (4.7ml vs 4.2 ml), the top fill, although slightly less convenient, is less messy because the fill port has a lip for your dripper tip to ooz into while the crius may get that extra juice all over the tank. Aside from these technicals, the airflow can be very loose (enough for a 5 second pull that can fill your lungs completely) and the flavor is very very good (but that is also dependent on how well you build).

Tiny notes: The black kit comes with a white delrin tip and a black metal tip while the SS kit comes with a black delrin tip and a SS metal tip. I kind of wish the black just came with a black delrin and black metal tip, but that's fine. Both kits also come with a frosted glass to replace the smooth glass, a blue screwdriver, red and blue pairs of replacement o-rings to replace the clear ones, 2 extra grub screws for the velocity deck, 2 extra regular screws for the single coil deck, extra o-rings for the internal parts, and an allen key for the velocity deck. You need your own flathead to remove the contact pin and fastener pin that holds down the decks. The packaging is one of the nicer ones out there. I'll post a pic of that.

Attachments

• IMG_0550[1].JPG
    IMG_0550[1].JPG
    737.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

VU Sponsors