Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aaaand so the rabbit hole opens up and swallows me again. Now that the dvarw is on the way I think to myself, self you need a little tube to go with that. So off I go scrolling through fasttech looking at tube mods. Finally settled for starting with the sxk atto. But wait..... I’m not sure I’m going to like the drip tip that comes with the tank. More scrolling and half a dozen tips added to the cart, but wait again...... I don’t have any 18350 batteries. The horror! Fasttech cart on hold, over to liion for batteries. Nope not yet. Over to mooch to check out which 18350 battery is the best one for me. While I’m reading up on batteries, hmmmm I kind of liked that little smpl mod also. Back to fasttech and drop that in the cart. Well after several back and forth trips to the website I have five mods, 13 drip tips, 2 each replacement glass(clear and frosted) and a pico rta with two different color replacement bell caps. I need a drink and some intervention.

Carpe Nidor

If its anything, I sold my 18350 Satburn... as much as I loved the size... I prefer the 18500 more...that and the dual adjustment annoyed me to no end. Plus the Pico is a good mod to toss the dvarw on...and they are cheap! (Pictured a few posts back, silver mod)

But this Dani Mini...is about perfect. Takes a bit getting used to all the different terminology they use and navigation through the menu...which took about a whole 5 mins to master, this thing rocks.

doing the math on amp loads with my lil 14w of madness... I can bring the discharge cutoff to 2.7v and not even a weak battery signal or warning. That is a lot of vaping on a single 18650... in mechs I would be swapping at 3.65v+... get to take full advantage of mAh with this mod, rather than replying on voltage rebound with batteries.

In short explanation... 2.5v to 4.2v is your complete discharge and total mAh... Don't get me wrong I love the simplicity of mechs...and never will get rid of all of them...but the QoL being able to get 2750mAh usage out of 3000mAh 30Q is JACKPOT. (2.7v rather than discharging to 2.5v)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If its anything, I sold my 18350 Satburn... as much as I loved the size... I prefer the 18500 more...that and the dual adjustment annoyed me to no end. Plus the Pico is a good mod to toss the dvarw on...and they are cheap! (Pictured a few posts back, silver mod)

But this Dani Mini...is about perfect. Takes a bit getting used to all the different terminology they use and navigation through the menu...which took about a whole 5 mins to master, this thing rocks.

doing the math on amp loads with my lil 14w of madness... I can bring the discharge cutoff to 2.7v and not even a weak battery signal or warning. That is a lot of vaping on a single 18650... in mechs I would be swapping at 3.65v+... get to take full advantage of mAh with this mod, rather than replying on voltage rebound with batteries.

In short explanation... 2.5v to 4.2v is your complete discharge and total mAh... Don't get me wrong I love the simplicity of mechs...and never will get rid of all of them...but the QoL being able to get 2750mAh usage out of 3000mAh 30Q is JACKPOT. (2.7v rather than discharging to 2.5v)
So, what you're saying is I ought just buy a Dani mini rather than wait for you to sell yours?:vino:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I like the form factor of the 18350 as a running errands size mod.

I have two pico mods. My only issue with both of them is the 510 became a little loose allowing the atty to wiggle slightly. Not enough to be a problem, contact is still solid but just a pet peeve for me.

I also have several Isticks. IMO one of the best internal battery mods out there. A nice small form factor with those also.

I’m still debating on the pico rta. It has a PEI chamber which is making me think twice about it.

I really like the looks of the dani mini. I’ve look at one several times but just can’t pull the trigger on it yet.

I’ll let my cart sit for a few days while I debate about what to use. I’ll probably just wind up with the drip tips and replacement glass for now.

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So, what you're saying is I ought just buy a Dani mini rather than wait for you to sell yours?:vino:

This is not the dani mini you’ve been looking for..... you need to let Papachaz buy it.
3dc774ce112c7f1640ea6d5f1b36ed67.gif

Carpe Nidor

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Might set a reminder on your phone in 3 months ;) Ya never know lol

I like the form factor of the 18350 as a running errands size mod.

I have two pico mods. My only issue with both of them is the 510 became a little loose allowing the atty to wiggle slightly. Not enough to be a problem, contact is still solid but just a pet peeve for me.

I also have several Isticks. IMO one of the best internal battery mods out there. A nice small form factor with those also.

I’m still debating on the pico rta. It has a PEI chamber which is making me think twice about it.

I really like the looks of the dani mini. I’ve look at one several times but just can’t pull the trigger on it yet.

I’ll let my cart sit for a few days while I debate about what to use. I’ll probably just wind up with the drip tips and replacement glass for now.

Carpe Nidor

Never had issue with the 510 on my Pico...

I do agree the 18350 Sat was perfect with the Dvarw running errands... in my car, I stuffed the door handle with foam, with a cut out for the Satmod... now it will be the 18500 instead.

Never tried the Pico RTA... but PEI isn't bad, still cracks with certain juices.

Need to order another Steam Tuners cap...but in 3.5ml

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... now it will be the 18500 instead.

Need to order another Steam Tuners cap...but in 3.5ml

Agreed! Since I've gotten my 18500 alubronze tube that's all I've used on my Sat. Out and about, at home, all the time. Great size... just wish someone would make an 18500 with 1800mah capacity.

Also, I have some a couple clone Steam Tuners top fill caps in ultem and clear for my Dvarws from FT. Fits the authentic and FT full kit clone decks perfectly. Chimney opens and closes with the drip tip like it should and is pretty spot on with the original. Great purchase.

3fa728010164404f53f70fba4065ea3e.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed! Since I've gotten my 18500 alubronze tube that's all I've used on my Sat. Out and about, at home, all the time. Great size... just wish someone would make an 18500 with 1800mah capacity.

Also, I have some a couple clone Steam Tuners top fill caps in ultem and clear for my Dvarws from FT. Fits the authentic and FT full kit clone decks perfectly. Chimney opens and closes with the drip tip like it should and is pretty spot on with the original. Great purchase.

3fa728010164404f53f70fba4065ea3e.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
No leaking? I have a couple of the top fill tanks from FT but I remember someone saying they were leak city so I didn't use them yet.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No leaking? I have a couple of the top fill tanks from FT but I remember someone saying they were leak city so I didn't use them yet.
Not a drop this far. I close the juice flow by turning the drip tip, remove it, then the cap, fill and then replace them. Pretty easy, no flooding or leaking

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm surprised he went that route. I guess if you want to vape lemonade or menthol badly enough you'd put up with it.

Sent from the Death Star
I'm getting over the mother of all colds now and the only thing I can vape without coughing up my nuts is menthol. I'm using one of the Dvarws with the ultem (FT or 3F?) tank. After reading your post, I did change to a top fill tank but the sumbavagum seems to be about 1 mm too short and it doesn't thread all the way on the base. The other PITA is finding a drip tip that fits snugly enough to open/close the juice flow without loosening the tank first. Are you using the 3F top fill tank, or the authentic?
EDIT: are you using it with or without the chimney cap?

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting over the mother of all colds now and the only thing I can vape without coughing up my nuts is menthol. I'm using one of the Dvarws with the ultem (FT or 3F?) tank. After reading your post, I did change to a top fill tank but the sumbavagum seems to be about 1 mm too short and it doesn't thread all the way on the base. The other PITA is finding a drip tip that fits snugly enough to open/close the juice flow without loosening the tank first. Are you using the 3F top fill tank, or the authentic?
EDIT: are you using it with or without the chimney cap?
Mine came from FT but I'm sure they're the same manufacturer.

Definitely take that chimney top cap off. A lot of people missed that detail and I would have too had I not read it elsewhere! Youll probably have an easier time twisting the chimney cover after you do that too.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came from FT but I'm sure they're the same manufacturer.

Definitely take that chimney top cap off. A lot of people missed that detail and I would have too had I not read it elsewhere! Youll probably have an easier time twisting the chimney cover after you do that too.

Sent from the Death Star
Thanks!:vino: They work like a charm! Just ordered 4 more from 3F, 2 regular clear and 2 transparent. Now, if they made some 3.5 ml ones....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!:vino: They work like a charm! Just ordered 4 more from 3F, 2 regular clear and 2 transparent. Now, if they made some 3.5 ml ones....
That will be my next purchase. The 2ml is okay, but the 3.5ml is a perfect combination of size and capacity for me.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That will be my next purchase. The 2ml is okay, but the 3.5ml is a perfect combination of size and capacity for me.

Sent from the Death Star
Now I'm looking at the DL version:headbang: Just wondering if the AF inserts from the MTL base will fit the DL base but I doubt it. They (FT) do have a 6.0 ml top fill for the DL tank.

I'm using the drip tips @~Don~ posted a while back and I don't have to remove it for top fill.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm looking at the DL version:headbang: Just wondering if the AF inserts from the MTL base will fit the DL base but I doubt it. They (FT) do have a 6.0 ml top fill for the DL tank.

I'm using the drip tips @~Don~ posted a while back and I don't have to remove it for top fill.
The airflow inserts aren't interchangeable between the MTL and DL, unfortunately. At least from what I've read anyway.

To what drip tips do you refer? I'm using some Steam Tuners T9 clones and I LOVE THEM for all my RTAs. I bought them in SS, clear, black, and ultem. Also, the Berserker 1.5 tip is awesome but less snug than the ST clones.

Sent from the Death Star

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So, I’ve been trying out temp control on the billets for a little while now. I have the same coil in both. Ran temp control for a few days and then wattage mode for a few days. For me there really isn’t any difference between the two using the vape shell. Temp control seems to give me a more consistent vape with the crossbow. Maybe because of the tighter draw. I didn’t have to take a primer puff with it like I had to with power mode.

Carpe Nidor

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I figured it out lol

The groups I like seeing in my feed on FaceSlut disappeared recently... well actually the whole news feed was blank... Was able to click into the groups I follow and read up on shit that way... but I would miss some sales on knives etc or what not.

Well FaceSlut's new algorithm has prioritized friends and family over groups...and since I had most of my meager 41 friends unfollowed... my shit was blank LOL

So to get the groups back into my feed, after attempts of changing settings... I had to share the groups to my feed... over and over.

They are starting to populate the feed once more...and I am also figuring the algorithm will need to see me interact more on the pages beyond the simplistic "like" and actually drop a few words lol

Yeah I know, Fuck FaceSlut... I would agree, but so many deals on Knives! lol

/end rant

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I figured it out lol

The groups I like seeing in my feed on FaceSlut disappeared recently... well actually the whole news feed was blank... Was able to click into the groups I follow and read up on shit that way... but I would miss some sales on knives etc or what not.

Well FaceSlut's new algorithm has prioritized friends and family over groups...and since I had most of my meager 41 friends unfollowed... my shit was blank LOL

So to get the groups back into my feed, after attempts of changing settings... I had to share the groups to my feed... over and over.

They are starting to populate the feed once more...and I am also figuring the algorithm will need to see me interact more on the pages beyond the simplistic "like" and actually drop a few words lol

Yeah I know, Fuck FaceSlut... I would agree, but so many deals on Knives! lol

/end rant
Yeah its become purge book recently, i missed a lot of sales pages and item I usually watch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am happy to report that my above remedy has worked.

The groups I am in that weren't secret and was able to be shared are now populated and current.

I did make my account completely private when I shared the groups, just so I wouldn't spam some friends timeline with repeated shares...plus there are a lot of groups that aren't vape related that I shared ;)

WOOT!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, ponder faster...will ya'! Let us know what you decided too!
I just tried to get a Dvarw deck. Forgot my number so I won't know unless I get the email!
I will say this though, the Dvarw wins, hands down, against my KFK+ if that's any indication...

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried to get a Dvarw deck. Forgot my number so I won't know unless I get the email!
I will say this though, the Dvarw wins, hands down, against my KFK+ if that's any indication...

Sent from the Death Star
That's kinda' what I thunk too! I almost feel like they released this because there wasn't anything new in the hopper!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dvarw arrives today. What kind of build do you all have in yours?

Carpe Nidor
Which airflow do you plan to use?

For anything below 1.2mm I like Ni80 28g, 2mm ID, 10 wraps. Comes out to 1.3ish ohms.

For 1.5 and above I like the Vandy Vape MTL fused clapton wire. Ni80 32x38, 2mm, 7 wraps. Usually around 0.8 ohms.

Hope this will give you a good starting point! Enjoy it!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which airflow do you plan to use?

For anything below 1.2mm I like Ni80 28g, 2mm ID, 10 wraps. Comes out to 1.3ish ohms.

For 1.5 and above I like the Vandy Vape MTL fused clapton wire. Ni80 32x38, 2mm, 7 wraps. Usually around 0.8 ohms.

Hope this will give you a good starting point! Enjoy it!

Sent from the Death Star
I just went with 30/38 clapton SS 7/8 wraps 2.5 mm ID, comes to about 1.2 ohms. The 2.5 mm ID is a tight fit but there is ample cotton in front of the juice holes so there is no leaking.
Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors