Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How far can you paddle a canoe in two days? :giggle:

My Palm will get here around the same time Canada wins the Cup again ;)

The Palm has processed through Customs...and my BB has cleared Customs for dude...cept the BB is only 50km from dude and my Palm is 2170km from me (Both at the same place LOL )

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
I'm going to have to sell the authentic BB I picked up just a few weeks ago.

It's a long story that isn't worth going into , but essentially I need the money back more than I need the mod. I'm half scared to take it out of the house anyway so the SXK BB has been getting more use.

I haven't sold anything over here before, does anyone feel like holding my hand and walking me through it? Am I likely to have a hard time selling such an expensive item when I don't have a record over here of completed trades/sales?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to have to sell the authentic BB I picked up just a few weeks ago.

It's a long story that isn't worth going into , but essentially I need the money back more than I need the mod. I'm half scared to take it out of the house anyway so the SXK BB has been getting more use.

I haven't sold anything over here before, does anyone feel like holding my hand and walking me through it? Am I likely to have a hard time selling such an expensive item when I don't have a record over here of completed trades/sales?

You can use my format I have in the classifieds for the BB spares.

Be honest, clear pictures...provide rrp if and any discount to facilitate the sale.

Thing that is tough with authentic especially sold on forums like this...is all the testing we've done in comparison to the clones, you will basically be targeting someone who wants an authentic.

Wish you luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zadlives

Member For 2 Years
You can use my format I have in the classifieds for the BB spares.

Be honest, clear pictures...provide rrp if and any discount to facilitate the sale.

Thing that is tough with authentic especially sold on forums like this...is all the testing we've done in comparison to the clones, you will basically be targeting someone who wants an authentic.

Wish you luck!

Thanks! Yeah I am keeping the SXK and selling the authentic, which seems counterintuitive and is mostly a financial decision. I will probably tackle making the ad tomorrow if someone doesn't snipe it elsewhere before then.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear (and anyone else interested) have a guy looking to unload a couple Siluro BB RBAs... I don't know anything about them but supposed to be old school hardcore MTL.
PM me and I can get y'all in touch with seller

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear (and anyone else interested) have a guy looking to unload a couple Siluro BB RBAs... I don't know anything about them but supposed to be old school hardcore MTL.
Thank you for the lookout, I'm so happy with the MF bridge, I haven't looked at anything else. On top of that, we're at DEFCON 5, MIL immediate arrival.
Apologies to @Arthur-VU, I haven't forgotten but literally too busy to die.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might be interested in one. Do you know anything about them? I can't find much info on them. Oh and the most important question: how much?

Sent from the Death Star

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the lookout, I'm so happy with the MF bridge, I haven't looked at anything else. On top of that, we're at DEFCON 5, MIL immediate arrival.
Apologies to @Arthur-VU, I haven't forgotten but literally too busy to die.
Glad you've found your fix! Not sure what the defcon 5 is all about but hope you and yours are/stay safe.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you've found your fix! Not sure what the defcon 5 is all about but hope you and yours are/stay safe.

His Mother In Law (MIL)

Defcon 5 is lowest alertness for the armed forces...

And currently the US Military (ConUS) is at Defcon 5

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Familiar with defcon... Wasn't sure if serious. With all the fires/mudslides/other shit shows going on in one area or another of Cali... I don't follow news so...

Glad it's just Mother In Law not MILitary :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Familiar with defcon... Wasn't sure if serious. With all the fires/mudslides/other shit shows going on in one area or another of Cali... I don't follow news so...

Glad it's just Mother In Law not MILitary :)
Just Mother In Law, you say? My wife has been on a tear for a month! That would've been fine if I didn't get dragged into it too. Well, the lady is here now, I hope I'll get my wife to relax a bit. Her mom is just fine but my wife freaks out, wants to get everything just perfect and ends up digging herself into a hole, starts too many things at once and when realizes she can't finish, she panics.....about that time I walk in and end up helping with her stuff. That too would be fine if I didn't have my own stuff to do, stuff she tries to help me with but trips me up, I get mad.......you get the idea. So, yeah, I've been busier than a one legged man in a arse kicking contest.

zz99

Member For 1 Year
Just received the ultem boro tank from Crazy Mods Milano, set up with a Nautilus bridge, works great and no leaks as yet
EkVQtOo.jpg

EkVQtOo.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received the ultem boro tank from Crazy Mods Milano, set up with a Nautilus bridge, works great and no leaks as yet
EkVQtOo.jpg

EkVQtOo.jpg
I just read earlier today that they had a new version that isn't quite as prone to leaking. Good luck!

Sent from the Death Star

zz99

Member For 1 Year
I just read earlier today that they had a new version that isn't quite as prone to leaking. Good luck!

Sent from the Death Star

Yeah they said it was an issue regarding an o-ring, related to a small number of the initial run. Not had any leaking with mine though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So just regular rubbin alchohol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I soaked them in isopropyl before sending them and then quick dried them with my data vac...they still smell like vanilla bourbon?

I didn't soak the boros though, didn't want the seals to warp to being overly dried by alcohol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I soaked them in isopropyl before sending them and then quick dried them with my data vac...they still smell like vanilla bourbon?

I didn't soak the boros though, didn't want the seals to warp to being overly dried by alcohol

No there all good just wondering for the ones I already had I have like 4 of the dam things plus the 2 I got from you

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How long do u soak them and do u rinse after or just let dry?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How long do u soak them and do u rinse after or just let dry?

You can let them soak for however long you want... I normally doused them with a splash then data vac dry them.

Others let them soak for a while...

Me it was always damp in the same places; face and around the center...if after dousing them and dried it still was a tad dark, I'd hit them again.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More than likely a bit of juice on the "510" pin in the box? The coils are SS so they will dance around a bit, they're pretty steady in TC on the SXKUSBBB.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More than likely a bit of juice on the "510" pin in the box? The coils are SS so they will dance around a bit, they're pretty steady in TC on the SXKUSBBB.
Changed coils again this one seems to be okay I chalk it up to a dud

VU Sponsors