Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good on you for catching on.

Scumbags are everywhere. Caveat Emptor!

Very true... I just don't get thieves.

I have this sign on the Dash of my BMW when I park it anywhere...and mind you I don't have it all fixed up like some people do to their cars... its just a normal White M-Sport with 35% Tint...anyway on the 8x11 printed paper it says, "I'd rather you not break a window nor wreck the key hole, doors unlocked" Sure they might take my FastTrack or the spare change, heck sometimes I wish they'd steal the whole car and take it to Mexico so I can claim it on my insurance lol... Maybe I'll leave the keys in it one day and see if it happens haha

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
81df3c3155e4686e1323b0c250f0d36c.jpg

Marked as delivered. But not.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I have this sign on the Dash of my BMW when I park it anywhere...and mind you I don't have it all fixed up like some people do to their cars... its just a normal White M-Sport with 35% Tint...anyway on the 8x11 printed paper it says, "I'd rather you not break a window nor wreck the key hole, doors unlocked" Sure they might take my FastTrack or the spare change, heck sometimes I wish they'd steal the whole car and take it to Mexico so I can claim it on my insurance lol... Maybe I'll leave the keys in it one day and see if it happens haha
I like that.

I may have to copy you and put that sign in the window of my ~20 yr-old Camry.

I use the GPS on my phone and an old 4th-gen 32GB iPod Touch for music, with a wired adapter that goes into the cassette deck so I can keep the stock radio in there and not have to worry about someone trying to jack the $1500 NAV system from the console that was an option at the time...

Both devices adhere to the dash via neodymium magnets and there is no obvious indication of what the magnets are for, just a black circle.

Nobody wants the old head unit that is there now.

When I leave the car, I just stuff the iPod into my carry-bag and put the cassette adapter and iPod power cord in the center console. If they want them, they can have them, as they are like $7 on Amazon or $5 at FiveBelow.

Nothing else of value is left in the car save for an umbrella, a flashlight, tire pressure gauge, and some road flares (all save for the umbrella are stored with the spare tire), unless they want to steal the spare tire and nice scissor-jack, which are all under the trunk floor, and the spare tire is bolted down with security bolts as the lug nuts to deter thieves.

I also usually have a ton of heavy stuff in the trunk, and all of it has to be removed to get the trunk floor out, and not something that can be done in a minute or less...but if they want the car, they can have it.

I'll just get another. :)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dont leave ur keys in the car. ins will not cover because if u leave ur keys in the car its considered joyrideing not theft be careful . On another note i have a bridge for ya how much u willing to pay if u pp me now i will send one when i eventually get one lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dont leave ur keys in the car. ins will not cover because if u leave ur keys in the car its considered joyrideing not theft be careful . On another note i have a bridge for ya how much u willing to pay if u pp me now i will send one when i eventually get one lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well if I leave the keys in and they take the 15 minute drive into mexico, then all is good...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @So619Cal, I got the DT, both of them. I took out the one in the black bag, it must be the ugly step sister. Should I open the other one and see how it looks or should I take the bar hopping approach : keep drinking until it looks good?
On a different note, I received the Insider MTL it really is MTL. The hole under the coil is between 1.5 and 2 mm eyeballing it. The AFC makes it a even tighter draw of you want.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @So619Cal, I got the DT, both of them. I took out the one in the black bag, it must be the ugly step sister. Should I open the other one and see how it looks or should I take the bar hopping approach : keep drinking until it looks good?
On a different note, I received the Insider MTL it really is MTL. The hole under the coil is between 1.5 and 2 mm eyeballing it. The AFC makes it a even tighter draw of you want.

They're both yours to do as you wish. I don't recall which was which, just that both weren't as I had drawn for him.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Logged into Fb on my phone in failed hopes Piss Gizard would make things right I see this
3d250268393d125f805d6729de1b7a71.png

I truly hate Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone here have the VapeShell authentic and clone to compare the two? In other words, I'll be waiting two weeks for it whether I order the authentic from Greece or the SXK from China (that two weeks is very optimistic) but is it worth the cost difference?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone here have the VapeShell authentic and clone to compare the two? In other words, I'll be waiting two weeks for it whether I order the authentic from Greece or the SXK from China (that two weeks is very optimistic) but is it worth the cost difference?

I've yet to buy an atomizer that justifies the larger price tag. There are small differences and or screws being better...but never one that clearly says, "ok I get why this is $125 compared to its $12 clone" besides looking at resale value

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've yet to buy an atomizer that justifies the larger price tag. There are small differences and or screws being better...but never one that clearly says, "ok I get why this is $125 compared to its $12 clone" besides looking at resale value

I see your point and I agree overall. My experience with Hadaly and Odis 16 led me to ask here, both clones sucked and not in a good way. The Odis 16 is still one of my favorites I use daily, the clone of it isn't worth the metal it's made of.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how ya liking it?

I see you're out and about with it rather than the BAM and Stumpy

had BAM in my pocket too

i'm liking it. The vape shell rocks, and is quite power efficient. 40 watts on a vape shell seems enough to me, but i still might try a little higher

the feel in hand is good.

dna60 takes longer to wake up than 75, but i'm coping with that for now

zz99

Member For 1 Year
x8vJH86.jpg

Using the MTL insert from Troy in my SXK 70W with the SXK Insider, it's giving a bloody good vape at 18W with a 1.3 ohm build.

Not quite a restrictive as the tweakings restricted insert (there's not much in it) or the adjustable one from Crazy Mods Milan (That can be made totally restricted), but at least I can fill the tank without having to remove it, the AFC adjustment means the glass doesn't slide down enough

A very good restricted MTL vape I'd say - well done Troy ! :cheers: if there's any more going count me in.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
x8vJH86.jpg

Using the MTL insert from Troy in my SXK 70W with the SXK Insider, it's giving a bloody good vape at 18W with a 1.3 ohm build.

Not quite a restrictive as the tweakings restricted insert (there's not much in it) or the adjustable one from Crazy Mods Milan (That can be made totally restricted), but at least I can fill the tank without having to remove it, the AFC adjustment means the glass doesn't slide down enough

A very good restricted MTL vape I'd say - well done Troy ! :cheers: if there's any more going count me in.
Glad it's working out!

Any thoughts why the others are more restricted? I don't think i can get any smaller than 1mm and plugs are fitting rather snuggly..

I'm all out of MTL right now, but I'll have 3 new versions in about a week

MTL will just be slightly modified... Likely no change in airflow, same with wide open. I'll have a new middle of the road 3mm offering though

zz99

Member For 1 Year
To be honest the tweakings one is pretty much the same as yours, the crazy mods one can be adjusted down to practically no airflow so it's not a fair comparison.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I messaged Piss Gizard today... said to him... I figured giving you a few days to respond to make things right about the tips I ordered, but going by the last response you had this is not the case. Disappointed. Not trying to be difficult, just in no land or place in the world is 11.25mm the same as 14mm, but I digress.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I messaged Piss Gizard today... said to him... I figured giving you a few days to respond to make things right about the tips I ordered, but going by the last response you had this is not the case. Disappointed. Not trying to be difficult, just in no land or place in the world is 11.25mm the same as 14mm, but I digress.
That sucks. Regardless of how my set turns out I won't be buying from him again. Might just sell my set on pro cipke and go with JMK or Ohman.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah so he responded finally after I sent that message this morning...

upload_2018-6-8_8-13-46.png

Pretty much says... Yeah fuck making the tips right...here is your money instead.

upload_2018-6-8_8-31-34.png

Fucking jerky

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, let me send them back to you, start looking for better ones?

The caveat is New/Unused... he can easily say now that they been used... regardless of them being cleaned and not.

EDIT: If you want to try Brew, you have his address above... I stand by what I said, I'll refund you. Rather than sending to me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I got them, all I did with them was take them out of the bag, compared... installed one and did a mouth feel test... right away I was like, Ok thats not 14mm... Measured them and 11.25mm.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you can tell d@@k breath that and in the end I'll keep them, I can use the metal inserts once I get the lathe going.... sometime in the not so near future I'm afraid.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's so full of :poop:, he has brown eyes. ....

I say you mail them to him, and I'll refund you. Let him see where they are coming from, to me I think his apprehension is based upon believing I sent them elsewhere.

EDIT: Just add tracking ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say you mail them to him, and I'll refund you. Let him see where they are coming from, to me I think his apprehension is based upon believing I sent them elsewhere.

EDIT: Just add tracking ;)
Yeah, but I did use one of them for about 10 minutes. ....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then ;)

I'll just have to take 2 fingers of bourbon in a few hours and wash my mind of it I suppose.
Well, at least you're getting the OCC bridge out of it....I was gonna send it to you anyway, but there you have it. Who knows, you might just get the DT in stab.wood at some point. ....

VU Sponsors