Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...less-as-smoking-becomes-less-and-less-popular

Not a bad story other than the clown with a really goofy name from the propaganda arm of big pharma - CFTFK:

“Like all other consumers, smokers deserve to know what products have been shown to be safe and effective at helping them quit,” Bullwinkle continued. “If Altria, or any other manufacturer, wants to make a therapeutic claim, they must follow the law.”

This clown knows that these products aren't meant to "help them quit" they are meant to be used in place of cigarettes.
I know that it fucks with their "end game" but they are just going to have to deal with it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
snus gets a bad wrap in the states, i have read this is largely because of the main people who use it (low socio-economic, and immigrants)

but it as safe, if not safer than vaping

swedish match, who made lucky strikes, are one of my favourite companies. They make great snus

soak up the minor alkaloids, not even WTA eliquid or smoking compares :)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
snus gets a bad wrap in the states, i have read this is largely because of the main people who use it (low socio-economic, and immigrants)
Snus have never really caught on in the US. Loose chewing tobacco, a.k.a. "dip" has always been far more popular.

Definitely safer than smoking. Questionable with respect to vaping. I think much depends on the method used to cure the tobacco. The Swedish steam-curing process produces by far the least TSNAs, which are clearly very bad, potent carcinogens.

swedish match, who made lucky strikes, are one of my favourite companies.
Huh? I can find no relationship between Swedish Match and Lucky Strikes.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Huh? I can find no relationship between Swedish Match and Lucky Strikes.

i think i read that on a swedish match product page, one of their snuses

not sure though, just know i read it *somewhere*

i suck at record keeping

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Teen vaping epidemic is the first thing you see! I was under the impression that they think nicotine itself is harmful (blah blah) in any form. There’s so much double talk and hypocrisy, it’s amazing.
It seems like they’ll investigate any quitting method except vaping.
Although Snus seem like the most effective idea BT has had; it is tobacco, so of course they’ll back it.
The fact that they also suggest putting a lit cig in a tube and inhaling it doesn’t gain my confidence in their real desire to help ppl not smoke, though.
It’s like anything that isn’t vaping is what they’ll support.
Good post, though. Don’t mind me, three months after quitting, I’m suddenly having mad cig cravings all over the place. Grrr. At this point, I may try Snus. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

swedish match, who made lucky strikes, are one of my favourite companies. They make great snus

soak up the minor alkaloids, not even WTA eliquid or smoking compares :)

That’s true about it being considered low end. I thought it was like chewing tobacco, but I’ve never known anyone that actually does it. But for the alkaloid relief, I’d try it at this point!!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Don’t mind me, three months after quitting, I’m suddenly having mad cig cravings all over the place. Grrr.
That's not unusual. Rule of thumb is: There are rough spots around three days, three weeks, and three months. At three months, I used to get the cravings right after lunch. A few drops of 36mg WTA base straight into my atty always fixed me right up though.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's not unusual. Rule of thumb is: There are rough spots around three days, three weeks, and three months. At three months, I used to get the cravings right after lunch. A few drops of 36mg WTA base straight into my atty always fixed me right up though.
3 days is physical. Peak chemical withdrawal.

3 months for vapers can usually be overcome by a spending spree

3 Months: The Blahs

At three months the "newness" of the quit program is wearing off and we're often left thinking "Is that all there is?" The blahs hit, in other words. That usually triggers cravings to smoke, often quite intensely.

This is a time period when relapse is common. It can be discouraging to have strong smoking urges surface after months of cessation. For those who don't know why it's happening, it can feel like nicotine addiction will never let go of us, so what is the use of trying to quit.

Power on through this phase, because what you're feeling is temporary and normal. Comfort with the new smoke-free life you're building will continue to grow with time, but only if you don't smoke. If you do, you'll be right back where you started 3 months ago.

But for some, there are other things at play. Mental illness can complicate it for eg

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
tyFGzUy.gif

Didn't work for me. I needed the high-test WTA at that point.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't remember my 3 months point.

I started WTA in 2015, after vaping since 2013. It helps. But not in a way that I would expect to apply to anything but a very small minority. Since it relates to MI management.

I forget op topic. Sorry whoever posted it

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Good to know it’s not a personal aberration then. Well, I ordered them at 24mg from Aroma, so hope it’s enough. I have other WTAs, but they kinda don’t fix me right up. ;)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
3 days is physical. Peak chemical withdrawal.

But for some, there are other things at play. Mental illness can complicate it for eg

I can’t spend anymore on anything except necessities at the moment. I did shop over the holiday here, it was a bit helpful.

The weather here was getting to me, since the humidity is really high. It’s better now, and I cut down on caffeine as well. That helped a lot. AFAIK, I don’t have any chemical imbalance, thankfully. I
I think it’s bothering me first thing in the morning etc since vaping doesn’t feel totally natural to me yet, then.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors