Become a Patron!

Best RDTA

krmamrani

Member For 1 Year
What is the best RDTA for flavor. I tried Zeus X mesh RTA and Reload S RTA. However I don't get the flavor I want. I have been advised to use RDTA but I am confused which one is best for flavor. I usually use alien coils NI80. I prefer single coils but I don't mind double coil RDTA atomizers. A friend suggested Aromamizer supreme v 3 advanced. What do you think?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
U can do better than the aromizer supreme, from what i have heard even the larger plus v2 is better

Edit-check out the sc meson and classic, im a huge fan of the brand just not that particular tank

Last edited:

krmamrani

Member For 1 Year
U can do better than the aromizer supreme, from what i have heard even the larger plus v2 is better

Edit-check out the sc meson and classic, im a huge fan of the brand just not that particular tank
What is your suggestion?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Because of how they wick, those Steam Craves are considered RDTA.

And there's the ones with the coil on top / tank below, so you get RDA-esk flavor. For me, the tanks are small capacity and filling them, no matter how easy, always seemed a pain.

Another coil top/tank bottom - squonk. For a change up you could drip its RDA.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And there's the ones with the coil on top / tank below, so you get RDA-esk flavor.
Aren't those called Genesis style?

I used to have a Smok Tech RSST.

Smok Tech RSST Breakdown image

They have come a long way with this style of atomizer, too. Now, they have full RDA decks on top of the tank and wick dripping into it. Yes, these are very good flavor producers. Although, at times it may take a little time to learn a way to get a good build on one.

Yes, you can drip on squonk RD/s/A atomizers. You can also use unflavored base juice in your squonk bottle, add dripped flavorings to the atomizer like I do sometimes.

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
For flavor, i have heard the sc plus v2 with the mesh deck is much better then the supreme, and it comes complete with a squonk pin should u decide to go that route.

As was stated above, if you want to do stock coils, the freemax fireluke 3.

The vapefly brunhilde 1o3 is an upgrade to the brunhilde rdta with the top coil, juice wicked by metal strands that is one maybe u should look at. Vapefly is a great brand

krmamrani

Member For 1 Year
For flavor, i have heard the sc plus v2 with the mesh deck is much better then the supreme, and it comes complete with a squonk pin should u decide to go that route.

As was stated above, if you want to do stock coils, the freemax fireluke 3.

The vapefly brunhilde 1o3 is an upgrade to the brunhilde rdta with the top coil, juice wicked by metal strands that is one maybe u should look at. Vapefly is a great brand
Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The best is the one you like the most 😁
I am not an rdta guy at all, very much gravitate to rda. But two I have found I really like and held on to are the Haku riviera and flvr

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
RDTAs are hard to find lately. Most stores have stopped carrying them.

The Vandyvape Pyro IV RDTAs are pretty good. I own 3 of them, and won't sell or give away any of them.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Aren't those called Genesis style?
I think Genesis refers to the post/deck configuration. While they were and probably are still sold, they weren't that popular when I went to rebuildable.

I was thinking something like this is what someone previously suggested to the op.

I bought the first Vandy Vape Pyro and quickly found it wasn't for me.
For RDTA only 2ml is the usual, with more they get tall. Some can be squonked but not dripped, so if a squonk mod, RDA makes more sense.
I'd much rather have a squonk mod + RDA.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think Genesis refers to the post/deck configuration. While they were and probably are still are sold, they weren't that popular when I went to rebuildable.

I was thinking something this is what someone previously suggested to the op.

I bought the first Vandy Vape Pyro and quickly found it wasn't for me.
For RDTA only 2ml is the usual, with more they get tall. Some can be squonked but not dripped, so if a squonk mod, RDA makes more sense.
I'd much rather have a squonk mod + RDA.
When I use rdta which is very little, I still squonk them, lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
But with squonk there is risk of flavor sticking at the bottle or overpushing the squonk and get liquid flooding. Don't you think?

Nope. No flavor sticks to the bottle. There are squonkable RDA's that are almost leakproof. Some you can push juice up the sides of the coil and they still don't leak. After a few mins you'll know how often and how hard to squeeze the bottle. It's not really a concern. Unless, you get an RDA who's design is leak prone, and we won't let you do that.

If you can do a squonk mod + rda you will absolutely love the flavor.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But with squonk there is risk of flavor sticking at the bottle or overpushing the squonk and get liquid flooding. Don't you think?

What Vape Fan said. I suppose some really strong flavors could stick in the squonk bottle a bit. Might need a rinse between flavors? Never been an issue for me, but I mainly just go from one fruit and menthol to another. Don't care if there is a mix. No, definitely won't stick in an rdta or rda for more than one maybe two hits. Whatever is in the wick basically.
Sure, you can over squonk and leak anything. But I have found a very little bit of time with any of them to see how they take the bottle push (how hard and how often etc) and it's a piece of cake to NOT over squonk, and very hard to make one leak 👍

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Some can be squonked but not dripped
For RDTA - ^ that's wrong. You can drip them, just not on a regular mod with the squonk pin in. W/the solid pin you can drip them.

krmamrani

Member For 1 Year
What Vape Fan said. I suppose some really strong flavors could stick in the squonk bottle a bit. Might need a rinse between flavors? Never been an issue for me, but I mainly just go from one fruit and menthol to another. Don't care if there is a mix. No, definitely won't stick in an rdta or rda for more than one maybe two hits. Whatever is in the wick basically.
Sure, you can over squonk and leak anything. But I have found a very little bit of time with any of them to see how they take the bottle push (how hard and how often etc) and it's a piece of cake to NOT over squonk, and very hard to make one leak
Thank you very much for this advice. What rdta squonk do you prefer?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
But with squonk there is risk of flavor sticking at the bottle
I thought you meant weakening flavor due to flavor sticking in the bottle lolll.
V this V
I suppose some really strong flavors could stick in the squonk bottle a bit. Might need a rinse between flavors?
Like @dubya314 , I vape similar flavors but imo it's not a reason there will be flavor mixing. Could be that once cleaned the bottle may or may not have an oder of the previous flavor, but that doesn't mean its going to stick or mix with the new flavor.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much for this advice. What rdta squonk do you prefer?

Keep in mind my rdta experience is very limited, much more in rda. But the Haku Riviera is perfect to me. Medium to tight rdl, very flavorful. But they are quite pricey. The Flavr is pretty dang close to me, and a lot less $. I haven't use any others enough to give an honest opinion.

krmamrani

Member For 1 Year
Keep in mind my rdta experience is very limited, much more in rda. But the Haku Riviera is perfect to me. Medium to tight rdl, very flavorful. But they are quite pricey. The Flavr is pretty dang close to me, and a lot less $. I haven't use any others enough to give an honest opinion.
Thank you for sharing the information.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
RDTAs are hard to find lately. Most stores have stopped carrying them.

The Vandyvape Pyro IV RDTAs are pretty good. I own 3 of them, and won't sell or give away any of them.
Isn't it a Pyro that has a couple ultem inserts? One for single coil that brings the af closer to the coil?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How is the mongrel in that leak prone category
It has a deep well and hard to make leak. Single coil. Smooth af. comes with 2 caps and different af pins. If getting, suggest Subway version that has a couple updates to the og.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How is the mongrel in that leak prone category

It really doesn't leak too often at all. I've had it for a couple of months now. When I first started using it, it would, but that was my "user breaking in" period and not from the RDA itself. I really held a tight squeeze open to it, flooded it right over.

You get used to your gear and find you soon have a "feel" for what you can do with it. For example, I can hold the squonk bottle squeezed to keep juice in the mongrel's well a bit. That lets my wick lap it up. I just don't squeeze as firm, only just hold it, then after a few seconds the wick looks wet. Let off.

Then you'll hear the reason squonks are called squonks as the juice squonks back into the bottle. :)

On the Gorge RDA I can only give a medium squeeze and release. If I hold it, then it can flood a bit. That might also be from coil placement, wicking issue/s though. Gorge I have set up a little different from the Mongrel. And the reason/s for that are well, different style deck, different air flow, different well size, .. it's a different RDA but the same general principles.

Like @Vape Fan 's tag line "same thing, only different" says. :)

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't it a Pyro that has a couple ultem inserts? One for single coil that brings the af closer to the coil?
Mine can be dual or single coil without an adapter. They can also be used with a squonker, since a bf pin is included. The bummer was that I got the last 3 that store had, and they won't carry anymore RDTA or squonk anything anymore.

VU Sponsors