Become a Patron!

Best RDA for all day vaping

Hey peeps!

I'm relatively new to vaping, currently using a Moto Plus starter kit. I love vaping on it, but I find that the amount of vapor my device produces is just not enough to satisfy my needs.

I've done a lot of research and I know that RDAs are my thing, because I really like geeky stuff.

I want a build that I can vape all day on, and which produces a lot of thick vapor, so I can do tricks with it.
What RDA should I get? What build should I make on it?
And also, I plan to use a regulated mod with it, is it okay to get copies of regulated mods?

P.S I buy all my stuff from www.fasttech.com so if you know a reliable copy/styled thingy there then link it up please!

Thank you!

Last edited:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My setup right now is basically bulletproof. A Tobeco Velocity clone sitting on a Sigelei 150TC. The atty is under 20$ and the mod is now going for 69.99 in some places. Don't skimp on your mod, that's the dangerous part. Clone attys are mostly ok, from most vendors. Get some 26g and 24g Kanthal to start and start with some basic macro coils. A decent 5$ pair of flush wire cutters and some ceramic tweezers will serve you well. A cheap pair of needle nose pliers are a necessity too. Organic cotton for wicking, about 6$ for 100 pads or so. You may want a cheap drill for wire twisting as well, basically anything will work, and a keyless chuck is nice to had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My setup right now is basically bulletproof. A Tobeco Velocity clone sitting on a Sigelei 150TC. The atty is under 20$ and the mod is now going for 69.99 in some places. Don't skimp on your mod, that's the dangerous part. Clone attys are mostly ok, from most vendors. Get some 26g and 24g Kanthal to start and start with some basic macro coils. A decent 5$ pair of flush wire cutters and some ceramic tweezers will serve you well. A cheap pair of needle nose pliers are a necessity too. Organic cotton for wicking, about 6$ for 100 pads or so. You may want a cheap drill for wire twisting as well, basically anything will work, and a keyless chuck is nice to had.

+1

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the dark horse is still in my rotation, super cheap aswell, and there's tons of versions from carbon fiber to mini versions

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also the dark horse is still in my rotation, super cheap aswell, and there's tons of versions from carbon fiber to mini versions
As good as the Dark Horse is, it lacks a deep juice well.

Moodyeagle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As good as the Dark Horse is, it lacks a deep juice well.
i have a clone dark horse and it always leaks, and to make it not leak i have to drip fairly often which is annoying for an all day vape

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever atty you wind up liking the most.

I like the Sapor for my ADV. It never leaks and I don't mind removing the barrel to drip. It has a decent amount of airflow for some chuckin, but not so much that I can't run mid-power builds on it and still get solid vapor/flavor production. The builds that run well on it with my Sig 150 allow me to use higher-capacity batteries. I never have to leave the house with batteries with the way I like to have it set up.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I moight pipe in and suggest a Royal Hunter mini on any regulated mod. No spitback. Great flavor. I have the black and gold authentic and it was only 50 dollars. I do not agree that most clones are okay. I find most to be poorly built.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO, Both the Troll and the Velocity (clone) are excellent RDA's at an affordable price. Running on a Sigelei 150 TC. I don't get the clapton kick, they look cool, but a 26g Kanthal, parallel at 6 wraps gets it done for me.

Thank you all for the informative replies!

I forgot to mention, I only want to vape up to like 50 60 watts. I find the vapor production at that power is enough, and I don't want to use up too much juice or power, or invest too much in an overpowered battery.

Coben03

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey peeps!

I'm relatively new to vaping, currently using a Moto Plus starter kit. I love vaping on it, but I find that the amount of vapor my device produces is just not enough to satisfy my needs.

I've done a lot of research and I know that RDAs are my thing, because I really like geeky stuff.

I want a build that I can vape all day on, and which produces a lot of thick vapor, so I can do tricks with it.
And also, I plan to use a regulated mod with it, is it okay to get copies of regulated mods?

P.S I buy all my stuff from www.fasttech.com so if you know a reliable copy/styled thingy there then link it up please!

Thank you!
Volcan has good performance, it's my day vaping device.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you all for the informative replies!

I forgot to mention, I only want to vape up to like 50 60 watts. I find the vapor production at that power is enough, and I don't want to use up too much juice or power, or invest too much in an overpowered battery.
That's up to you, due to the coil build being utilized.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Twisted Messes or Velocity RDA

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got a tobeco aeolus clone for $17 that works well. It doesn't leak. I have dual 24g 8 wrap. I vape it 28 to 35 watts. Plenty of vapor. I think I used 2.4 ID. I use two mutation x V3 but they are to find now. At least authentics. I love them. I do single 24g 7 wrap at 3.0 ID.

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The bullet double 28g kanthal parallel 5 wrap on 3 mm wick'd puffy has a great juice well, and I get 10-12 long pulls between dripping. Also the Veritas with a single parallel 7 wrap horizontal as above wick 'd heavy provides awesome flavor and usually about 10 long pulls between dripping. Just my .02.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The bullet double 28g kanthal parallel 5 wrap on 3 mm wick'd puffy has a great juice well, and I get 10-12 long pulls between dripping. Also the Veritas with a single parallel 7 wrap horizontal as above wick 'd heavy provides awesome flavor and usually about 10 long pulls between dripping. Just my .02.
I also use a veritas but with a single 10 wrap 26g 2.4 ID. Comes in at 1.1 ohms. Great flavor and vapor.

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another vote for a Velocity. I use 26 gauge Kanthol, 2.5mm id, ~.4 ohm, dual vertical coil with only 1 wick. I run the wick through the coils , down to just touching the bottom of the juice well and across the top. When I refill I just drop a bunch of drops at random in the chuff cap. I get about 20 3+ second draws per refill. Some scoff but I rewick before bed, juice it, hit it once, juice it heavily and let it sit overnight. I change wicks about every 4-5 days, more to dry fire/clean the coils than a need for a new wick. I use sheet cotton, aka Japanese cotton.
Here's a photo of a 3 day old wick in the setup that hasn't been juiced up in about 10 hits. I'll change it tomorrow night, maybe Thursday night, so I can clean the coils by dry firing them.
49debbc8222ac0e425cea20f076a0be9.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Hey peeps!

Thank you!

I am currently rocking a sigelei 150w with a velocity clone. Dual 22g kanthal 10 wrap. Comes around .27 to .3 ohms. 50 to 70 watts it is a nice cool vape to past time and 100 to 115 watts it is a cloud monster. Fits my ever shifting mode quite well. The easy and multiple airflow options the velocity gives you are great. Just have good batteries if you start pushing those higher powers.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you really want something you can build on to get into it and wanna have a nice easy all day vape perhaps consider getting a TFV4 with the rba's , easy deck to build on, top fill, holds lots of juice, great vapor production and taste for a tank.

I love my drippers but I only use them at home, trying to drip while driving is a huge pain in the ass lol

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Dripping can't be easier than on a sapor. Wide bore tip to drip through, and doesn't leak. I suggest using a glass dropper bottle, as it is easy to gauge how much is going in your dripper. Usually a decent size dropper full puts the right amount of juice in a sapor.

Other questions need to be addressed like, how warm do you like your vape? Velocity is a bit on the cooler side, sapor is on the warmer side, while minis like derringer are real warm. Do you plan on crazier builds? Velocity would be good for that.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im on the Velocity bandwagon here. Huge deck, deep juice well, 2 different sets of air flow for whatever fits your style and a wide bore tip. Also comes with an adapter to use reg. size drip tip. The TFV4 was mentioned a couple posts back as well, very,very good vapor production without dripping.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rocking dual Claptons (~0.42) on my Tobeco Velocity clone. I couldn't be happier. I've run it anywhere from 55W clear up to 180W on my X Cube II. I have had nothing but great flavor, and thick clouds.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Hobo V3. The top cap pops off easily, and it is a two post RDA. I have a 1:1 clone from China, paid about $20 for it. I build single coil with 26 awg Ni200 for my DNA40 unit. Clouds are decent.

VU Sponsors