Become a Patron!

Best mouth to lung tank?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's John again with a new question!

Im about to buy another tank when I get paid. I have the subtank mini but I enjoy mouth to lung 80% of the time. Can you guys recommend the best MTL tank out there right now?

I hear two come up often...

1. Aspire nautilus mini, using the BVC coils (more expensive coils)

2. Protank 2, or 3. uses less expensive coils

Any other options you guys can think of? I hear more positive for the nautilus but damn...the coils cost 3 times as much. Is it worth it?

I have a cheapo aspire ET using the BVC coils and it floods like crazy. Maybe its me though.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Lemo 2 is a good one
Of course you have to build your own coils

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i love the kayfun 3.1 for mouth to lung and it has a super easy build deck ,,you cant go backwards to a protank after using a subtank mini the flavor will be super muted (at least for me it is)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
KFL V4. Any of the others you've mentioned will be flavorless in comparison with the subtank! By the way, I have several subtanks, and I only ever do MTL :)

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ProTanks are good mouth-to-lung tanks. Well constructed, and tight air flow.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys think sticking a better MTL tip on a subtank mini would be good? I know i CAN do this -- im just asking if i would be totally under-utilizing the subtank mini if I do that? That big bore tip makes MTL a pain.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those kayfun tanks look expensive as hell! Probably nice but over $100 for a tank is not in my budget currently :p

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get a top notch Kayfun clone for less than $30.

And perfectly acceptable ones for under $20

I just bought a Kayfun V4 Tobeco clone (they're all gone now) for $10 shipped :) Tobeco and Infinite (Fasttech) clones are great.

I don't use the drip tips that come with my subtanks - I change them for ones with a smaller bore!

The flavors are different in both tanks - I can't say which I like best, but they're not the same. The Kayfun runs much cooler with the same coil and the draw is tighter even totally removing the screw for the airflow.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought a Kayfun V4 Tobeco clone (they're all gone now) for $10 shipped :) Tobeco and Infinite (Fasttech) clones are great.

I don't use the drip tips that come with my subtanks - I change them for ones with a smaller bore!

The flavors are different in both tanks - I can't say which I like best, but they're not the same. The Kayfun runs much cooler with the same coil and the draw is tighter even totally removing the screw for the airflow.
I'll agree with that I removed the screw completely and then one day drilled out the airflow tube and it was still a tight draw.

Isaiah640

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The atlantis series by aspire is insance and you can mid the shit out of them for more airflow

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, for MTL, I think a kayfun or similar style RBA will be what you want. I have quite a few Kayfuns, and you really can't do anything but MTL. I can't speak for V4's, as I have various iterations of Kayfun Lites.

You can find the EHPRO Kayfun Lite Plus V2 clone for $30 or less. It's not the newest model, V4, but they are very high quality clones, and from looking at the V4's, it will be easier to build on the Lite V2. Much less different parts to deal with. I'd recommend that EHPRO one for a first RBA. It's cheap, my EHPRO clone is over a year old and sat half full of juice for a good 4 months. I rebuilt it the other day, it hadn't leaked at all sitting there for that long, nor had my isk clone. My four black editions had leaked through the 510 and the fill hole. Not all clones are created equal. Many work just as well or better than the Authentic's.

If you build, or are ready to start, some 28gauge Kanthal, an ohm reader, and the atty will have you set. Won't be pricey, so little risk if you don't like it. Also, you could probably flip it pretty fast if you don't like it. A lot of people still like the Kayfun Lite Plus V2, especially the ehpro. I've heard of issues with the V4's, I think the 510 is springloaded, and some don't make a good connection, but that might have been fixed.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TBC, very informative, thank you. As of right now I bought another subtank, a protank 2 mini (was gonna get a normal protank 2 but sold out) plus i went ahead and got the aspire nautilus mini because its gotten great reviews. Picked up some 1.8 ohm BVCs for it.

The next tank Im getting is a kayfun though, and thank you for your recommendation -- i will get the one you mentioned. Do you know of a good site to get it from?

Isaiah640

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TBC, very informative, thank you. As of right now I bought another subtank, a protank 2 mini (was gonna get a normal protank 2 but sold out) plus i went ahead and got the aspire nautilus mini because its gotten great reviews. Picked up some 1.8 ohm BVCs for it.

The next tank Im getting is a kayfun though, and thank you for your recommendation -- i will get the one you mentioned. Do you know of a good site to get it from?
Good cice i hav thenutilusmini aswell, if you like it you should deffinitley look into their atlantis i cant speak to highly of this tank, the highest airflow on the nautilus mini can hardly compareto thelowest on my atlantis, and th atlantis 2 dubles the airflow ad this provides the greatest o lung hits

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay guys, got some near gear today.

Protank 2 mini: i know this is a bit dated these days but I love this guy. Was fairly cheap (either 8 or 9 bucks), uses the older kanger atomizers which are cheap and is very smooth. And, most importantly, the 1.8 ohm atomizer im currently using produces very good flavor and vapor.

Another subtank mini: already had one, but I bought another and a MTL driptip and that has made all the difference. I can now say I can comfortably MTL this guy all day. Bought the second because family keeps using it. haha

Nautilus mini: have not used it yet but ive heard so much good about this one that Im looking forward to it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with any of the gear you've gotten so far, but if you want to take it to the next level you should seriously consider getting in to rebuildable's. Kayfuns for mtl hit vaping and rda's for direct lung hit vaping provide experiences prebuilt coil heads just can't seem to duplicate. Rebuilding isn't as complicated as it may seem. Especially when you've found a place like this that can help you as much as you need.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For flavor builds and Kayfuns I use pyrex (borosilicate) glass drip tips...they have the best flavor IMHO and usually a smaller bore and you can get some decent ones from various cites like Desert Vapes or EVC. For EHPro KFLV2, I know Eciggity sold every version of it under the sun including their own with dual airflow done to their specs for as cheap as anyone. I don't know if they still have them in stock right now so let me look real quick.....and for the better airflow they only have the gold in stock which looks sweet with a stainless or brass mod or a black box mod...on the standard more restricted airflow they have all the colors they sell in stock...I honestly would just get the gold one while they have it because I don't know if they'll do another run with the K4 all the new rage and at 24 bucks....well, I don't give a damn about the color for that price on that thing...it's worth it and you'll be happy you got it :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The kayfun lite's (and all the variations) and kayfun 3.1's are much simpler in design than the v4, cheap, easy to find and have a ridiculous number of accessories available for them. My Ehpro Kayfun 3.1 is made very, very well and gets used every morning. It's simplicity, reliability and consistently good performance keep it from being replaced by an unnecessarily complicated kayfun v4. Just my opinion. Good luck.

This is all I really need.
dzwvn0L.jpg

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@madmonkey I just ordered the v2 from eciggity ... thanks for the recommendation and I look forward to building on it!

Sorry I was at work earlier and couldn't answer sooner...Yes, I think the Lite Plus V2 is better to start with then the V4 by a long shot...way fewer parts and way less mechanics to work with...much easier way to get into the world of Kayfuns, or RTA's for that matter. The Kayfun lite is probably the second easiest RTA to work with...I would give it the number one spot but it's only real drawback and flaw is that you have to drain the tank completely to rewick it or rebuild it which if you don't have a syringe can be a major PITA :)

Did you get the gold one with the larger airflow or one of the standard ones? I never ordered the larger airflow version...I have an authentic and four different clones, a V1, a V1 with a custom drilled out airflow hole, and two different brands of the V2 in black...the only V2 plus I have is the authentic and it gets used more than my clones because even though I think the clones have slightly larger airflow the authentic has deeper juice channels...but one thing I've noticed about the clones is that there is no real standard to how deep they make them...one of my clones has deeper juice channels than my authentic, they all slightly vary and you wouldn't notice the difference at all if you didn't know what you were looking for so I wouldn't even give it a first thought. I would concentrate on learning to rebuild it....stick to 27 gauge wire or higher gauge than that to start...the trap screws don't care for larger gauge wire and it's a bitch and all but impossible to trap anything thicker than 26 gauge.

I think you'll be more than happy with it, it's been known to happen, but other than straight cloud chasing dripper vapers that don't use tanks, I don't know any other kind of vaper that doesn't like the Kayfun....everything that comes out claims to be the "Kayfun Killer" because Kayfuns are kind of the standard in flavor attys and especially RTA's flavorwise...you'll get decent vapor off of it sure, but every bit of that thing from the center post to the small hole in the drip tip it comes with is engineered for flavor. I was just asking if you got the larger airflow one or not because I haven't tried the larger airflow and I am wondering how it is in a Kayfun design for the reason that it is purely designed for flavor and how much if at all the extra airflow would detract from that if it would at all?

Anyways, the other awesome thing about Kayfun lites is because they're so popular there is a gillion (ok, maybe just a gizillion) youtube videos and tutorials on how to rebuild it so you should have no problem finding some visual aids online that will work for you to learn how to build it in no time.

Congrats on your purchase and hope you enjoy! oh yeah, don't be shy and post some of your first builds over in the coil building thread...never hurts to get feedback on your first build and tips and critiques from the more advanced builders...

Cheers! :)

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes sir ree...I got the larger airflow version, that gold one which was the last color left. I don't need wide open airflow for a MTL obviously but I doubt it's super airy, being that its made for MTL i assume. and yes I will certainly post my first build attempts! :cool:

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just picked up the mutation X as well from vaporjoe's tip that there was a good deal on them with free shipping.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just picked up the mutation X as well from vaporjoe's tip that there was a good deal on them with free shipping.

I have a Mutation X V2 and V3 and when I get around to it I'll have a V4....it's one of the few cloud chasing attys I like. It's got surprisingly good flavor for a cloud atty. There's other good ones like the Doge and the Dark Horse but I like the MX so that's the one I stick with. Enjoy your new gear...they're good ones to start your RDA journey on if you haven't yet and if you have they're easy ones to build on and get better at it :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have one kayfun lite + clone and that would be the only tank i would have if i had to give up all but one for one reason or another...the drip tip with the really tiny hole in it is amazing at helping produce flavor...i use it on other tanks to get better flavor from them as a matter of fact...Great choice..enjoy.

The nautilus mini you got is also a great choice..i have the full size..holds over 5ml of juice...you may find yourself letting the other tanks sit and collect dust once you compare them except for the kayfun of course.

Last edited:

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unless you have used a rebuild able tank before,they can be tricky to use sometimes. I would recommend an iclear 30. I think they have really good flavor for mouth to lung hits, plus they are cheap with little complications.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update for future searchers....i have now successfully built dual coil builds for both the plume veil and the mutation x RDAs. Plus I have successful builds on the kayfun. The kayfun wicks infinitely better than the original RDA on the subtank. Well, before I drilled holes in the side like they are now from the factory. I dont have pics yet. But to any other newbies, I recommend doing simple youtube searches and you'll find videos to show you how to do everything.

The kayfun I would liken to a nautilus mini, in my mind.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update for future searchers....i have now successfully built dual coil builds for both the plume veil and the mutation x RDAs. Plus I have successful builds on the kayfun. The kayfun wicks infinitely better than the original RDA on the subtank. Well, before I drilled holes in the side like they are now from the factory. I dont have pics yet. But to any other newbies, I recommend doing simple youtube searches and you'll find videos to show you how to do everything.

Congrats dude! I had a feeling you could do it :)

But you've got the chicken and the egg backwards....you'd liken the Nautilus Mini to a Kayfun because the Kayfun was there first....and with a vertical coil build in the Kayfun I would agree...but the Nautilus Mini is not secret innnovation in design...the BVC coils are just cartomizers with the metal shell and wick cut down to fit inside a special tank instead of a generalized carto tank giving it a much wider building range and improved perfomance. :)

But enough vape history, this is a big congrats party on your joining the rebuilding club and here's to many more successful builds and awesome clouds with even better flavor to go along with them...enjoy bud and pictures if you can would be awesome...I love seeing the work of a new artist because that's what building is..a finesse art :)

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
madmonkey, thank you very much! yes its been a journey for sure. Do you think vertical builds in a kayfun would be worth trying?

Oh and I definitely meant flavor, in the comparison to the nautilus mini. Flavor is so subjective so its hard to say one is better for me. Of course ive only really had two builds in the kayfun so far.

The kayfun is great indeed. Id lovew to see an easier way to fill it up, officially supported, rather than unscrewing, the tiny hole, etc. I see there is some other way but its all about holding the hole shut, timing etc.

Ive been hearing good things about lemo drops...or maybe the latest kayfun. What do you think? Im also more a fan of glass than the plastic of the kayfun (unless you go totally metal which is fine but for me, id like to see hoiw much juice I have in the tank)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
madmonkey, thank you very much! yes its been a journey for sure. Do you think vertical builds in a kayfun would be worth trying?

Oh and I definitely meant flavor, in the comparison to the nautilus mini. Flavor is so subjective so its hard to say one is better for me. Of course ive only really had two builds in the kayfun so far.

The kayfun is great indeed. Id lovew to see an easier way to fill it up, officially supported, rather than unscrewing, the tiny hole, etc. I see there is some other way but its all about holding the hole shut, timing etc.

Ive been hearing good things about lemo drops...or maybe the latest kayfun. What do you think? Im also more a fan of glass than the plastic of the kayfun (unless you go totally metal which is fine but for me, id like to see hoiw much juice I have in the tank)

Ok, the Kayfun is totally easy to fill doing it the "top cap method" you unscrew the topcap, make sure to screw the chimney back down because sometimes it will loosen up spinning with the top cap...you fill your liquid to about 2-3 mm's below the top edge of the tank so there is enough room for a proper air bubble for the pressure to be balenced...then you block the air intake hole(s) with your finger(s) and start to put the top cap on. When the top cap starts to catch and has been put about one full turn on turn your tank upside down letting all the liquid run to the top of the tank away from the coil. Once all the liquid is away from the juice channels for the coil release your fingers from covering the airflow holes and screw the top cap the rest of the way tight while still holding the tank upside down. You will hear the seal and vacuum forming and feel it. Then you continue to hold the tank upside down, hold a paper towel under the drip tip connector and blow threw the airflow to clear any juice out of the center post...once you do that while still holding the tank upside down hold a paper towel to the airflow ports and blow threw where you put the drip tip on to clear any liquid in the airflow channels to help prevent flooding and balance the pressure and then screw you Kayfun on your mod and you're ready to vape.

It's harder to type than to do and is much less frusterating than using those stupid leaky ass fill ports on the bottom...you just have to make sure to have the tank upside down before you uncover your air intakes or blow threw anything or you will flood the juice chamber and it will flood and leak till the tank is bone dry....hope that made sense...I try to explain it as easily as I could.

As for the Kayfun Version 4, I am still waiting on it because I am going to buy the authentic...I know there are a lot of good clones out there but I have purchased several Kayfun clones in the past and my authentic Kayfun Lite Plus V2 out performed them all in my opinion and I want to support the creators of the tank and not just the cloners because I like these guys work and want them to keep on keeping on so I can't help you much there...all I can say is that it's a much more complicated tank system with many more features that is claimed to be "simple once learned" but I looked at it and my crooked eye went straight so I would hold off till you've got a better grasp on rebuilding. As for the Lemo, I like them but I don't own one. I have a Melo which is the cheaper sister of the Atlantis tank...Eleaf and Aspire are the same company and the Melo is just an Atlantis made out of chrome plated brass instead of stainless steal and uses the same coils so i am tinkering with rebuilding those instead. I usually wait several months after something comes out to buy it for myself as the gear I have keeps me happy, but I am always looking at new gear and fellow vapor's let me borrow and play with their stuff as they're still in the "buy everything shiny that is possible and then some phase" of vaping so I stay on top of things for the most part. But I've never built on a Lemo so I can't say one way or the other about it but someone who has will see this I am sure and chime in about it :)

As for a vertical build in a Kayfun...yes it's worth trying, it's been done by many people...you wick it just like an atlantis or Nautilus BVC coil leaving the whole in the center open for airflow and pack cotton all around the outside...you just have to be careful wicking it because too much cotton and it will never wick and too little and it wont be able to wick fast enough and with the only real flaw of the Kayfun in my opinion being that you have to drain it to fiddle with the build I suggest you get a syringe and blunt tipped needle as it's going to take a few tries to get the wicking right and I am sorry but I just can't tell you how much to wick, depending on your build it's something you have to "feel" out for yourself.

As for juice capacity, after awhile you figure out how much juice you go threw with the build you have in it and your power settings on your mod. I build a 1.3 ohm coil out of 27 or 28 gauge Kanthal with an ID of 2.5 mm with a 7 or 8 wrap build depending on the gauge and I ran this on a mech for a long time before I started running it on a DNA at the same power level I would get from a fresh battery on my mech after voltage drop which is about 12 to 13 watts....I know with this build at this power level one tank with about 4.5 ml's of liquid will last me one day and i'll still have liquid in the tank when I top it off in the morning because it doesn't go threw nearly as much liquid as something with a sub ohm build would and because of it's design I get far superior flavor with the Kayfun drip tip and with my glass drip tips I get a little more vapor from having a wider bore hole in the drip tip with the same amazing flavor and much better heat dispersal so the tip never gets too warm...that's why I love glass tips so much, the flavor is there always nice and clean and they dissapate heat better than just about anything.

I use a plastic window with my tank...the clone ones Fast Tech sell fit the authentic tanks so I buy them by the dozen for a couple bucks because it seems like I drop my kayfun at least once a month like a dumbass and the plastic threads pop out and strip and I have to replace the window but when I use the steel tank I still know how much liquid I go threw in a day so I don't worry about running out...and you can tell by taste after awhile....you'll get it figured out no problem, it's not as hard as it sounds...

I hope this answers your questions bud, if I got it all wrong I am sorry...tell me and I'll try again...and any more questions fire away...I am more than happy to help where I can and I believe in the saying that "there are no stupid questions, only stupid reasons for not asking them." happy vaping !

Cheers :)

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
madmonkey, very thoughtful reply as always. I will keep all of this info in mind -- and I'll try that fill method you described as well. I might pick up the lemo when I get paid again and see how it goes.

Take care!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buy Subtank Nanos or.....
Put a .5 ohm horizontal coil in the ST Mini you have, poke the wick holes and prime it. That's about the best tank flavor on the planet.
No vertical coil will out-flavor an equal horizontal coil. IMO, none you're considering will approach it.

I haven't tried the Kanger Vertical coils yet, but I remember when they came out with horizontal cartos and I thought that they didn't hold a candle to boges or IK's vertical coil ones favor wise so now maybe they're getting smart and jumping on the band wagon :)

But I haven't tried a factory built coils yet that out perform the flavor of any fresh build on my Kayfun done right flavor wise

unless we're talking about drippers and that's a whole different world.... there were a few 510'a and 306's that had great flavor...if you could get the damn things to work right :D

IMHO of course :)

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I clear 30 is very inexpensive and easy to work with, plus they have really good flavor. It is a very good beginners tank.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I clear 30 is very inexpensive and easy to work with, plus they have really good flavor. It is a very good beginners tank.
How many other atomizers have you tried? I'm guessing not many. There's a reason why the iclear 30 hasn't been recommended to hardly anyone for over a year now. Newer isn't always better, but in this case there are plenty of newer devices that are better.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Geez dude yer' old... :) I used 306s too...
Forget all that carto stuff. Kanger is rock solid, one of the best flavor heads out there.

But if you want moorre flavor, try the new Youde Goblin Mini.
Screw refill sucks but the flavor is beyond any tank I've tried.
I think the tight DC build space and the short device make this happen. It is spectacular flavor machine.

Yeah, I am a "middle ages" vapor as I like to call it....I started after the "dark ages" but am not so new I remember that stuff and actually prefered cartos over the protanks when they came out for a while till I mastered building my own custom Kanger coils and designed a "staggered off balance" dual coil design for the original protank 2 and evod one's that blows kangers aerotank Dual coil garbage design away,,,i mean without mercy :)

If it weren't for the subtank I was ready to give up hope on Kanger, I buy their stuff purely for rebuilding purposes as it is by far the easiest factory coils to tear apart and customize...I do rebuild some Aspire stuff but I don't use it nearly as much for that reason....I really like the flavor and vaper from from the .2 horizon arctic tanks at about 65-70 watts...I haven't gotten to try the Goblin yet but so far the Arctic and the Atlantis are my favorite stock sub ohm tanks I've used but I used my subtank as my daily driver and my Authentic Kayfun lite Plus V2 as my secondary still...afterall, I've used that tank non stop for over a year...I've got several clones of the Kayfun lite V1, V2, and V2 plus and although the EHPro dual airflow version may give better flavor I still think the authentic, despite it's price, has the best juice channels and is the easiest to wick and vape....to the point I wore out and had to replace my positive block because I couldn't trap wire under the screw I wore it out :)

Back when the FDA scare was one I bought over a hundred carto's as part of my "doomsday" prep as we were all scared it was going to go away and I wanted to be ready so I stocked up on protank 2 coil assemblies and cartos of all kinds, you want to talk about old...I still have 2 packs of of the Kanger XXXL 510 cartos that supposedly hold up to three ml's of liquid that are like 3 inches long if you ever saw them...and I still have a box of unused GoCarts I save for when I am doing yard work or need a vape I can beat up and a pack of unused GoGo tanks, the M1's were basically T3s's with a Go cart connection on them so I rebuild those as still use them just like my Evods and such....I also can fit the bases of them on the old Smok Tech pyrex tanks that were their version of the T3s, I forget what it's called, but even though it works those tanks leak real bad, even with their own eGo style base...but T3s coils fit in them as well

All that stuff was my "coming up gear' I honed my skills on, wrapping coils with 30 gauge wire which was considered quite riskae' at the time and 28 was just considered nuts and Micro coiling was this new crazy thing and sub ohming was considered dangerous and insane...awe the good ole' days :D

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone done the rebuild able deck on the aspire triton?

I'm a mtl guy as well, and I loved the 1.8 ohm coils, but the damn things would only last a day or two. I can't help but to wonder if I just had a bad batch of coils. Has anyone had any luck with them?

Anyway, I was considering the rebuild able deck, but haven't bumped into enough information on it yet.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i like the russian 91. really great flavor!! but of course that will depend on your build

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok try aero tank mega more air flow but w mouth to lung
Nautilus is a straw now for me I should jump back into it and mouth to lung BUT I've noticed my tooth infection never came back since direct lung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Triton by aspire would be my next try if I want MTL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The aspire triton is working for me. My first 5 pack of coils were bad, but my current set is ok. I'm not sure if it is a defective tank or what, but I have to fill it very precisely or it will flood out. Twist the lid and fill and twist it closed fairly quickly. Even then, it will flood out and I'll have to drain clean and start over. As long as I don't fill the tank completely, it is fine most of the time. I would have already given up on the triton, but it is hands down better m2l than the nautilus.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS: I can vape chocolates in the triton at 13 watts. Having to turn down the power with chocolates in the nautilus was a big let down.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the naultius mini, which is nice when you're out in public. No big clouds. Not sure I'd recommend it though, it is restrictive.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Purchased 2 tobeco KF V4s and love them. Wished I had done it much sooner. I'm going to grab a few more to have on hand when the V4 wobble starts. I suppose I should grab a repair - parts kit as well

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
madmonkey, very thoughtful reply as always. I will keep all of this info in mind -- and I'll try that fill method you described as well. I might pick up the lemo when I get paid again and see how it goes.

Take care!

So after all is said and done, which setup turned out to be your favorite for M2L vaping?

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

<3 all these MTL suggestions. I don't build, by choice with a wide variety of reasons that no one is going to change my mind on. So that means buying coils. Here's my list so far,

Nautilus, mini or full size still reigns supreme. No leaks. I think it's about the only vape hardware I've every seen last for as long as it has. 22mm or 19mm size. Kidney puncher has a modified base for it. Anyone know of other modifications?

A lot of people like Ceravape made by Anyvape as an alternate to protanks. Ceravape takes either the Kanger or Aspire coils. I've also had good luck with Aerotanks with AFC base. Davide, protanks 2 and 3 with AFC base, genitanks are all 19mm diameter size. They use BDC. There was a gasket to change protank bases to fit Aspire BDC's. There are 2 versions of AFC bases for protanks. A lot of people have quit with older gear and the sales are great right now.

Eleaf GS Air series. Those are an upgrade in flavor to Nautilus IMO. They come with 1.5 ohm coils only. They are 16mm and 19mm diameter with no 22mm size. With box mods like the istick, size isn't that important.

Kanger Mega tank is 22mm but it's been fiddly and leaks for me. It never looks full. Also takes BDC's, universal or sealed. Hypertank uses the same coils but holds 9ml and leaks just as bad.

Subtank, 19mm or 22mm, offers a wide variety of coils that are in the MTL range. Reviews are everywhere. Leaking seems to be a common complaint and that's a deal breaker IMO. Has RBA option. The higher ohm coils are more difficult to find.

Atlantis V2 has an almost universal fitting 1 ohm coil. Will fit Melo, IJust2, Herakles and a few other tanks. Sweet Vapes has a compatability list on their website. Other coils do not always fit in the Atlantis V2 so it's one way only. I don't have all those tanks to check out the quality of vape on. Atlantis V2 coils also fit Atlantis V1. I wish Aspire would make a 1.3 to 1.8 Atlantis 2 coil. I believe Anyvape makes a RBA for Atlantis. I don't know what the compatability is of that.

Triton has a 1.8 coil which some have reviewed here. I've heard mixed results, but have no personal experience with it. I've heard it does better with high VG liquids and I do vape max VG. I haven't heard this coil being compatable on any other tank.

Isub, Isub G, Apex which is top fill has a 2 ohm coil. For some reason a lot of stores aren't stocking the 2 ohm coil. I found it at Vapor Beast and Sweet Vapes lists it as out of stock now. Great reviews on the Apex with 2 ohm coil. Innokin advertises the Apex is leak proof and will have a RBA option soon. Hopefully I'll find out if their claims are true soon.

UWell Crown has a 1.2 ohm coil. They are said to be tops for flavor, second only to Kabuki, below.

Top of the line is Kabuki from ihybrid using Nautilus coils. These get high marks from everyone and at $89 they should. I have seen them on ebay for less. I'm watching it closely, maybe it's time for some high end MTL gear? At least it's assurance that MTL vapers are not dinosaurs living in the past, but a valid vaping preference.

Have I missed any MTL tanks?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors