Become a Patron!

Best cloud build for my Phenotype L on a Sigelie 200w

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
i just bought a Phenotype L and I want to really utilize the cloud chasing capabilities of it. I'm not a good builder I usually just use 10 wraps of 24g wire. What is the best I should go without having to do crazy Claptons as I don't have the stuff to make them yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i just bought a Phenotype L and I want to really utilize the cloud chasing capabilities of it. I'm not a good builder I usually just use 10 wraps of 24g wire. What is the best I should go without having to do crazy Claptons as I don't have the stuff to make them yet.
You using SS?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SS heats much faster and cools quicker, you just have to watch the ohms, especially on that Mech.

Please Google some reputable reviewers making coils on u-tube. Like anything new it takes some time. After a short while it becomes second nature.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Do you have any suggestions for which brand SS wire I should use? Are there any benifits to using Kanthal? Which type of coils would you recommend for a Phenotype L? Parallels, claptons? I really want a good bit of cloud to come off this thing, while still having flavor to enjoy.

Without using claptons or fused claptons (easy with a drill and some thin wrap wire like 36 guage btw - just pinch your finger under the wire where you've wrapped it and inserted it into the drill and it does it for you. You can make short lengths without needing any fishing line swivels) then the more wraps you do, the more clouds you'll get. You can try parallel build where instead of just one wire wrapped around something, you use two at the same time. This HALVES your ohms though, so be wary and follow advice above of looking up safety to make sure you don't build too low for your batteries.

VU Sponsors