Best clone for cheap?

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I have an m16 stainless and I don't like the telescoping feature of it. I was looking at the Manhattan clone and the praxis clone. What are your thoughts? What are your opinions on the good clones out there? I was looking at the ar mod as well.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Manhattan clone, love it, just a little trickier to get the battery and the contacts perfect. I also have a Vanilla clone, love it but had to make my own coil for it to hit hard, a Tree of Life clone, sticky safety switch sometime, but very nice and I have a Maraxus clone, its telescoping, but damn I love that thing. Its the hardest hitter I have, easy to use works with flat and button top batteries and it is fun to switch the parts around.....not to mention it kinda looks like a light saber....witch is a win win.

Razaiel177

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own the Manhattan and praxis clones from fast tech and I love them both. Both hit like Optimus Prime on crack. Praxis takes some time to get used to but I feel safer carrying it around than the manhattan due to it not having a safety lock. The magnet on the manhattan is strong as all heck and can literally be used as a fridge magnet if u wanted lol.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own the Manhattan and praxis clones from fast tech and I love them both. Both hit like Optimus Prime on crack. Praxis takes some time to get used to but I feel safer carrying it around than the manhattan due to it not having a safety lock. The magnet on the manhattan is strong as all heck and can literally be used as a fridge magnet if u wanted lol.
How's the voltage drop of the praxis? I like the button design.

Razaiel177

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I honestly couldn't tell u an exact number on voltage drop but of the 3 mech mods I own, the praxis hits the hardest hands down. I also own a liberty authentic mod and the praxis is my go to of all 3. Hope that helps

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a praxis is in my future

themetricvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got an Oros clone by Hcigar. I'm not a fan of 1:1 clones, but I was pretty damn impressed by it. I posted a review on my youtube channel and on VU. Decide what you want in terms of:

switch - magnetic/spring
locking mechanism - thread lock/recessed switch
connection - hybrid/standard
finish - copper/brass/ss/alloy
size - 22mm-25mm
battery - 18650/18350/etc

Once you have the above chosen, it's all down to aesthetics. I know vapingwithtwisted420 reviews lots of clones on youtube, maybe take a look there. Good luck.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered the centipede mod from FT, and it's an authentic Chinese mod lol. It is the last tube mod i vow to buy. It is a single CNC machined hybrid tube mod with heat sink fins all along the side. It has a magnetic firing switch. It sort of takes after the SMPL. I ordered the copper one. So far one guy gave the SS version a good review.

themetricvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That actually looks pretty nice. Let us know once you get it.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well actually i ordered it day before new years so hopefully it will be here soon. Will do. Got a Lancia clone as a topper for it. I'll post results with an inline voltmeter.

Edit: now that i see the 510 on the lancia it may not work with this mod, lol. I'll know for sure when it comes in if it can hybrid. All it need's is for the 510 pin to extend just a little past the threads.

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i got a king v2 by infinite( best clone maker) for 30$ shipped.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nemesis. 2nd to none!!!!
FA75DDBD-1D40-44C9-BC3D-4492EAA74422_zpslbq04bct.jpg

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That hobo setup looks sweet man. The drip-tip finishes it off real well. Mind if i ask where i could find one?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw what you did there when i looked at your 18350 thread. I was hoping it was rounded glass from the angle of the pic. Still looks nice non the less. I have one of those in green. Just not good for clouds IMHO. It tends to collect more juice in the small hole and spits it in my mouth. To bad, it looked sweet on my Veritas.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes, the flat tips are meant more for flavor than for clouds. not that I can't blow clouds, but the clouds I blow are probably not like the ones you want to or do blow. it works for me.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to put a vote in for the SXK Stingray X. I have a 4nine and an AR as well, but I keep reaching for the Stingray... small even in 18650 mode, looks great, hits hard and has a nice smooth magnetic button (once you take it apart and give it a good cleaning).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors