Become a Patron!

BEST Cheap mech mod clones

I'm new to the site and I'm really looking to put together a mech for my secondary mod. I currently have an istick for my everyday use cuz its small enough to fit in a pocket and have a tank, while I'm working. I'm looking to get a mech for weekend use. Any suggestions? CLONES PREFERABLE on a budget

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, Nice to meet you, try looking in our Vendor section, there are many to see and choose from, If you are able to wait for shipping the best prices I feel are at Fast tech, Enjoy the forum:)

iheartmyed9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Stingray is nice. A good clone can be had for 25-30 or less

Last edited by a moderator:

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'e been extremely happy with my Tesla copper Penny clone. Really great quality, thick tube, ultra smooth threads, hits like a beast. Compared to my other mech clones, the Penny feels like an authentic. I wasn't thrilled with Tesla's TOBH clone, but the Penny is very nice.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get a copper mod clone. Low voltage drop. The Penny Copper mod clone is great, I love mine. The Four9 is a great copper clone too, it has a hybrid 510 adapter, so you need to make sure the positive center pin on your atty sticks out about 1 mm.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Get a copper mod clone. Low voltage drop. The Penny Copper mod clone is great, I love mine. The Four9 is a great copper clone too, it has a hybrid 510 adapter, so you need to make sure the positive enter pin on your atty sticks out about 1 mm.
Can NOT overstate how important this is! Even more so with the 29 (xxix) mod.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Nemesis. But I don't have a hybrid connector and I've had mine since May.
I have 4 nemesis 3 have hybrid caps. the forth was from focal ecig and the hybrid cap doesn't fit it. i think it's mental but it doesn't hit as hard as my other nemesis. I need to find the correct size for it and buy a hybrid cap for it.

Slim Pickens

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got a copper colonial clone today. Love it so far it chucks the clouds

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Best" for someone new to mechanicals is different than someone more experienced. Everyone
likes different materials, button styles, center pin type, locking ring, telescoping, height, width, voltage
drop, looks, durability etc.

My feelings are that people shouldn't get hybrid type mechanicals for their first mech purchase.
Some, (like the stingray x) will come with a simple floating center pin style cap and a hybrid
adaptor. Great example of a mech that will be good now and later on.

Whichever you end up choosing, I hope you enjoy it.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to the site and I'm really looking to put together a mech for my secondary mod. I currently have an istick for my everyday use cuz its small enough to fit in a pocket and have a tank, while I'm working. I'm looking to get a mech for weekend use. Any suggestions? CLONES PREFERABLE on a budget
Clone Killer mod. Solid copper hybrid. Think I paid $65 at my local B&M for it

VU Sponsors