Become a Patron!

best build for .5 ohms

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well to put it short. I have a regulated mod so please dont ask "WHY DONT YOU BUILD LOWER" blah blah. Anyways, I got 24 gauge wire because, well I dont know honestly. But, it heats up really slowly because I can only go up to 30 watts, and I had to wrap it 11 damn times to get it dual coil .5 ohms. What gauge wire would be best if I wanted the the most vapor, fastest heat-up, and dual coiled? Please dont try to recommend single coil or what-not and what fits my specifications. I'm thinking 26 or 28 gauge? I don't know. What do you guys think.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to ECF, surf...

Getting butt hurt because no one responded after 17 minutes... won't get you much love around here. Develop a thicker skin, and learn a bit of patience... it goes a long way.

If you are limited to 30 watts, 27 or 28 gauge will provide a warm heat flux (coil radiant heat potential), fairly rapid heat capacity (time to temp) and decent surface area for a 0.5Ω net resistance, dual coil build.
27 will provide decent surface area and a mildly warm vape... 28 you lose a small amount of surface area by comparison, but you gain a substantial increase in warmth.

If you want to have a better understanding of the terms I've used... click on the "Steam Engine user guide" hyperlink below.

Cheers

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to ECF, surf...

Getting butt hurt because no one responded after 17 minutes... won't get you much love around here. Develop a thicker skin, and learn a bit of patience... it goes a long way.

If you are limited to 30 watts, 27 or 28 gauge will provide a warm heat flux (coil radiant heat potential), fairly rapid heat capacity (time to temp) and decent surface area for a 0.5Ω net resistance, dual coil build.
27 will provide decent surface area and a mildly warm vape... 28 you lose a small amount of surface area by comparison, but you gain a substantial increase in warmth.

If you want to have a better understanding of the terms I've used... click on the "Steam Engine user guide" hyperlink below.

Cheers
I wasnt butt hurt at all, actually I was saying not to tell me to do this or that because that's all I seem to get but clearly since I'm making this post those options aren't avaliable to me. But thanks for the info.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotcha.
The "trifecta of misunderstanding" = Minimal context, interweb typical brevity... and the written word.
pardon.gif

I use only tube mechs, so I've spent a good deal of time with Ohm's law, and Steam Engine (hence the blog articles).
Your mod, being limited to 30 watts, is kinda like having an 18350 only mech... you don't have to venture to far away from "optimal parameters" before performance goes down the shitter.

Good luck with it.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotcha.
The "trifecta of misunderstanding" = Minimal context, interweb typical brevity... and the written word.
pardon.gif

I use only tube mechs, so I've spent a good deal of time with Ohm's law, and Steam Engine (hence the blog articles).
Your mod, being limited to 30 watts, is kinda like having an 18350 only mech... you don't have to venture to far away from "optimal parameters" before performance goes down the shitter.

Good luck with it.
before you ditch the thread, I was also wondering, since my wattage is so low and whatnot, if I'm using 24 gauge would a dual heat up faster or slower than a single considering my circumstances?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
before you ditch the thread, I was also wondering, since my wattage is so low and whatnot, if I'm using 24 gauge would a dual heat up faster or slower than a single considering my circumstances?
When you increase wire mass / surface area, either by length or diameter, heat capacity slows down. A singe 24 gauge (0.511") wire, 70.6mm long from terminal to terminal will have a resistance of 0.5Ω and a HC of 47.2 mJ/K. Double it, or halve it, and you double or halve the HC.

The trick, for a set wattage limit, is to balance highly desirable surface area against desired (subjective user preferences) vape temperature and time to temperature. If you're "undersize" on mass / surface area - and the heat is excessive - you can always lower wattage... but if you're oversize, the surface area is fine, but heat drops and time increases.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta be honest state for someone thats new to this you just confused the hell out of me. And i'm building on a mutationx v4

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you said double it or half it, would doubling it be putting in 2 coils or?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer 28 guage. Around 7 wraps on a 3mm jig will get you around .5 ohms. It should work good with you lower wattage mod. Dual coils !!

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer 28 guage. Around 7 wraps on a 3mm jig will get you around .5 ohms. It should work good with you lower wattage mod. Dual coils !!
Sounds great I think I'll order some today. I decided to say screw it and just order 26 27 28 all together because I can test them all out. I also noticed I let it charge overnight and my 24 gauge is heating up maybe within a second, much faster than before and it actually dropped to .4 ohms so I guess I can run that, even though the it says the lowest it can fire at is .5 so that's odd but illl take it . But thanks all for the advice I think I'll be doing 26 or 28 gauge dual coils from now on.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds great I think I'll order some today. I decided to say screw it and just order 26 27 28 all together because I can test them all out. I also noticed I let it charge overnight and my 24 gauge is heating up maybe within a second, much faster than before and it actually dropped to .4 ohms so I guess I can run that, even though the it says the lowest it can fire at is .5 so that's odd but illl take it . But thanks all for the advice I think I'll be doing 26 or 28 gauge dual coils from now on.
Or, until you upgrade your mod. ;) Don't ask how I know.:)

VU Sponsors