Become a Patron!

BEST BOX MOD FOR TFV4

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything that can deliver up to 100 watts. I use the triple coil and it works awesome at 70 watts. Lots of people like the quad coil not sure what wattage they use on that but I know it's around the same as the triple coil. The TFV4 mini is good for smaller devices because its narrower in circumference. 22mm vs I think 24 mm. But even for the mini tank you still need a device that goes to like 75 watts. Here's some pics of the regular TFV4 on a very tiny mod that worked well. Just hung over the edges by a little bit http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ijoy-solo-mini-75w-tc-kanthal-box-mod.152982/page-2#post-814319

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaping crap is mostly interchangeable. The "best" is the one you like the best.

That said, TFV4 is 24mm and most crap is 22mm. The IVP D2/D3 is 24mm and the TFV4 looks great on it.
If the mod you like the best is 22mm there is the option for the TFV4-mini, which looks great on a eVic VTC.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was wondering what would be the best box mod to use for the tfv4 tank ?

Help is appreciated.
I second the RX200 as a perfect match to the TFV4.. Three batts lets these mods go for days vaping the V4 anywhere from 70-120w, depending on what coil I happen to be running..at only $49 it was the best value I've spent on mods this year...I own two,
7333ae9e043b1c4d8e8536ae71e1f254.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For the TFV4 or TFV4 Mini, I would consider getting at least a dual 18650 box mod, due to the power needed for these tanks. Depending on your vape style, you might even need a spare pair of Batteries. The Reuleaux would be a good choice as well. I have the DNA200 version of it.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I
bc917c10e994f951409f829f73a93e73.jpg
. I swapped out the battery covers between my RX and DNA. Love the RX with a Snake skin battery cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I see you have both the Crown and the Smok. Which one do you prefer...?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I

I see you have both the Crown and the Smok. Which one do you prefer...?
Crown. Better top fill design. They are close flavor and cloud wise. Hate the little gasket and Vape band on the Smok.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, I'm lookin to get another set up and was curious about the Smok tank. Guess I'll just get another Crown then...I've been very happy with it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Crown. Better top fill design. They are close flavor and cloud wise. Hate the little gasket and Vape band on the Smok.

Agree! I was carrying my TFV4 without the band, until recently. I had put my mod in my pocket as usual, somehow the top had opened when I pulled it out for a vape. Luckily I didn't spill any e-liquid in my pocket.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agree! I was carrying my TFV4 without the band, until recently. I had put my mod in my pocket as usual, somehow the top had opened when I pulled it out for a vape. Luckily I didn't spill any e-liquid in my pocket.
Yep its a real stupid design. It's a shame because other than that its a great tank with a real nice selection of coils.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
423c4ff083efccffb295a0c39469aab5.jpg
I too have both the TFV4 and the Crown.. I like them both actually.. I vape the V4 at home mostly.. It blows thick clouds that rivals my best RDA's with the quad coil..The Crown is not as good for clouds but I think it has better flavor, and the top fill is easier than the V4...both are good in my daily vape

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been looking at the TFV4, and a new Mod, but considering that the X Cube 2 and TFV4 are designed around each other, it would stand to reason that the X Cube would be the best Mod for it. IMHO.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been looking at the TFV4, and a new Mod, but considering that the X Cube 2 and TFV4 are designed around each other, it would stand to reason that the X Cube would be the best Mod for it. IMHO.
Had an X Cube for a week. Last time Smok gets any of my money for a mod. I'll take a Reuleaux RX all day over any Smok mod.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Had an X Cube for a week. Last time Smok gets any of my money for a mod. I'll take a Reuleaux RX all day over any Smok mod.

Broke down and bought the Uwell Crown today. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. From everything I have read and most of the people I have talked too, I feel I made the right choice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Broke down and bought the Uwell Crown today. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. From everything I have read and most of the people I have talked too, I feel I made the right choice.
be7733f04bf5c28cf22a518513cc53d5.jpg

You'll like the Crown... I know I do,

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
be7733f04bf5c28cf22a518513cc53d5.jpg

You'll like the Crown... I know I do,

I picked it up for $33 plus tax. Not a bad price. They didn't have the finish I wanted so they gave me a discount and I got it in Black instead of SS. I'm not disappointed, I was on the fence about that part anyway.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything that can deliver up to 100 watts. I use the triple coil and it works awesome at 70 watts. Lots of people like the quad coil not sure what wattage they use on that but I know it's around the same as the triple coil. The TFV4 mini is good for smaller devices because its narrower in circumference. 22mm vs I think 24 mm. But even for the mini tank you still need a device that goes to like 75 watts. Here's some pics of the regular TFV4 on a very tiny mod that worked well. Just hung over the edges by a little bit http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ijoy-solo-mini-75w-tc-kanthal-box-mod.152982/page-2#post-814319
With the quad coils I am running at 90w.

VU Sponsors