Best batteries for the Sigelei 100+?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering what works for you. I'd like to get the best battery life possible without breaking the bank. I'd like to start with two fresh batteries to run exclusively in this box and save the others that I've used for my mods.

dasfast

Member For 4 Years
I use the Samsung 25R batteries in mine and have no issues.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 married pairs of 35amp eFast Purples that I use with my Sigelei.
Mine is just a 100, not the 100+, but the differences between the two models are mostly cosmetic.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are you guys running as far as builds and how is your battery life?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, another dumb question.... Flattop or not? Does it matter in these boxes?

dasfast

Member For 4 Years
I'm currently running an ehpro billow @ 0.6 30 watts. Easily getting 3 days plus on it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm currently running an ehpro billow @ 0.6 30 watts. Easily getting 3 days plus on it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I like to hear this. I just need a full day out of my setup. I'll be running an orchid on it. Maybe a billow (hopefully). I'm looking to run a .5 build with some 24 wire. Not sure what the optimal wattage will be but like I said. I just need a day out of them.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 married pairs of 35amp eFast Purples that I use with my Sigelei.
Mine is just a 100, not the 100+, but the differences between the two models are mostly cosmetic.
That's what I've been using in mine too. Two married pair.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My batts are flat top, but I don't think it matters which kind you get.

As for duration,
Aspire Atlantis with 0.5 Ohm coil @ 35 watts - 1.5 days
0.14ohm: 22 gauge kanthal A1, 5.5 wraps, dual coil @ 75 watts - less then a day.
Current build is 0.8ohm: 28 gauge kanthal A1, I think it is 10.5 wraps, dual coil @ 50 watts - about 2 days of battery power.

All depends on how often I vape though.
Work days only in the morning, then at breaks and lunch, then after work.
On my days off I will be hitting it every 5-10 mins for a puff or two.

Last edited:

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, another dumb question.... Flattop or not? Does it matter in these boxes?
I have a pair of VTC4's and 2 pairs of Samsung 25r's that I use in my Sig 100 plus.both sets work fine and I get great usage with both.I also make sure to put the matching batteries in together too.(not one vtc and one samsung.)All of my batteries are flat top also so I can't comment on the button caps.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The build in a device using a dc-dc converter doesn't affect battery drain at all. The wattage setting is what matters. Two completely different builds using the same watt setting and batteries have the same battery drain rate.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to hear this. I just need a full day out of my setup. I'll be running an orchid on it. Maybe a billow (hopefully). I'm looking to run a .5 build with some 24 wire. Not sure what the optimal wattage will be but like I said. I just need a day out of them.

100w Plus here. I switch between two different duel coil 28g .5 builds with my drippers (Mutation Xv2 and Magma) while at home, and pop on an Orchid with a 1ohm coil for out and about.

I vape pretty consistently throughout the day. Maybe 5 ml+ of juice....probably with an emphasis on that extra plus more often then not lol. A fresh off the charger pair of Samsung 25r i got from RTDvapor (the only completely reliable site in my own experiences to buy batteries) tends to last me from the time i get up (2pm), throughout my work night, and well into the night. At around 5am or so when i'm squaring up to go to bed, they will be sitting at about 40% charge....at which point i switch them out with an older pair on Sony's i have until the Samsungs are gtg again.

I ultimately liked the Sony VTC5 a little more (back when i was only using a mech)...but that is what it is these days. The always skeptical bastard in me just doesn't trust ebay or vendors that claim they just happened to come across a brand new stash of VTC5s when it comes to buying batteries, but that's just me.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
eBay is definitely not a good place to buy batteries. Much better to use a known vendor. Orbtronic is another good option for batteries and chargers. They're in Florida so shipping is quick to us in the states.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rotate 2 married sets of Sony VTC4's and they work very well. I generally get 2 days or so on it with a Kanger Subtank at .5 ohm...but it isnt the only device I use daily...

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eBay is definitely not a good place to buy batteries. Much better to use a known vendor. Orbtronic is another good option for batteries and chargers. They're in Florida so shipping is quick to us in the states.
Illumination Supply is a good, reputable place for authentic, quality batteries at a very good price...

Reactions: JXN

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys so much. You fine folks are the reason that I try to get on here at least once a day.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just make sure you "marry" your batteries into pairs....always use and charge the same two batteries at the same time and never mix them with other batteries...one of the few things that can cause things to go bad with regulated devices is mis-matched pairs of batteries being drained unevenly in those devices...especially since the Segeli runs batteries in series and not parallel....charge them together, use them together, and switch their position in the mod every other charge...it will help garuntee the most out of your battery life

VU Sponsors